• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

A midfield including Elliot, Jones and Carvalho. Jones is a championship level talent. Elliot always looks like he is running through treacle to me. Neither him or Carvalho are suited to the way Klopp likes to play. Carvalho should have stayed at Fulham

A midfield including Elliot, Jones and Carvalho. Jones is a championship level talent. Elliot always looks like he is running through treacle to me. Neither him or Carvalho are suited to the way Klopp likes to play. Carvalho should have stayed at Fulham
Was starting every game and they wanted to build their team around him going forward, but he jumped ship to big red and is now on the bench most games.

Was starting every game and they wanted to build their team around him going forward, but he jumped ship to big red and is now on the bench most games.
As a midfielder player in a Klopp you are generally a sacrificial lamb. Having to play a functional role and not getting to express yourself on the ball as much as you can at a number of the better teams in Europe. This is because the go direct a lot of the time through Trent, VVD or their Keeper. Elliot and Carvalho are really number 10’s and Liverpool don’t like to play with one. Neither are strong or athletic to go box to box and neither really have the top end pace to be a Dias, Mane, Salah type wide forward. Both are getting a lot of game time currently due to injuries. Curtis Jones is a bit of a poor man’s Barkley. Looks like he has the physical and technical gifts to be good but has no brain. If they have to play more games where 2 of these are shoehorned in they will be very vulnerable

As a midfielder player in a Klopp you are generally a sacrificial lamb. Having to play a functional role and not getting to express yourself on the ball as much as you can at a number of the better teams in Europe. This is because the go direct a lot of the time through Trent, VVD or their Keeper. Elliot and Carvalho are really number 10’s and Liverpool don’t like to play with one. Neither are strong or athletic to go box to box and neither really have the top end pace to be a Dias, Mane, Salah type wide forward. Both are getting a lot of game time currently due to injuries. Curtis Jones is a bit of a poor man’s Barkley. Looks like he has the physical and technical gifts to be good but has no brain. If they have to play more games where 2 of these are shoehorned in they will be very vulnerable
That's a lot of r/s analysis for a blue when they're simply shabs.
Don't do it again. ?

"Different to the national stereotype".
A club that has an economically driven identity to draw in tourists, diluting their local support, which then over exaggerates that 'scouseness' to compensate, which is then the template for these 'outsiders' to mimic.
The whole 'anti tory/monarchy' thing is a veneer. I don't doubt there are r/s with these sentiments, but all of the others in full kits and shopping bags? No, not a chance. Therefore the singing and 'attitude' is fabricated and they are some pastiche of a bygone Carla Lane 'scouser' character dodgy deals and benefit stretching, everything we as a city have tried to move on from, because it was that national stereotype that held us back.
This bellwhiff needs to open his eyes.
I take 10 minutes every day out of my busy schedule to remind my lads why kopites are gobsh**es. That post above will do for today ?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back