• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

I’d have some sympathy for his argument if:
1 they respected the losses at Heysel in the same way that they want the world to respect the losses at Hillsborough.
2. They stop singing about the Munich disaster.
3. They hadn’t persecuted Evra and other black players at the time of the Suarez incident. Not forgetting the T-shirt fiasco.

Just heard them two knobs Barry Glendenning and Max Rushden acusing Forrest fans of singing about Hilsbourgh yesterday on Talk Sport, pathetic when anyone who had the game on wouldnt of heard a single chant about Hilsbough and they even said the song words themselves which have nothing about Hillsbough in them at all, shameful, i think its Talk Sport though pushing this agenda

I thought the motd coverage was crap last night. For the first time in an age, we looked decent and scored 3 great team goals. The post match analysis didn't even discuss them, but just waffled on about whether tarkowski and coady should be in the England squad.
They made the first half look like palace were battering us

The City itself isn't the same as the perceived Harry Enfield "Scousers". Stop the press. Where he's wrong is that some of the people are. The wise cracking and good hearted nature are all still here, but the rest of the country are now cheesed off with the sanctimonious drip drip melodrama theyre constantly brandishing torches about.

For Christ sake, the "Feed The Scousers" chants have been around since the 80s after Live Aid...so what. We sang "In your Manchester/whatever slums" to "In My Liverpool Home"... Anyone for "Sign on.." ? They're sang all over the country still out of date drivel that doesn't indicate poverty as he says we're tagged with, but simply a lack of imagination by the chanters. A sense of balance is good... without being thought of as a having a chip on both shoulders.

No chance they win the title this year they're miles off the pace.

Just hope they miss out on 4th as well.
I said earlier in the season when they was looking bad. They would struggle at home against the top sides and away against anyone in the league.

Watch them suddenly be back after the World Cup and know one question it tho. I just wish Pep didn’t always bottle it at Anfield when they was there for the taking.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back