• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

I think they'll finish 6th. Their goal threat isn't what it was, their midfield isn't top 4 quality and their defence is leaking goals. They are not capable of putting together enough winning runs to challenge the top 4. I can only see them going backwards for at least a few seasons. That will absolutely crucify their entitled narcissistic fanbase.

Every time I think this they somehow still manage to do something to keep themselves up there. They almost won the league with Mignolet Flanagan and Victor Moses making their line ups. They won the league cup with Kenny Dalglish in charge who I’m not sure even knew where he was half the time. Won the champions league with a squad that was 5th best in the country. Since 2005 they’ve been to 5 champions league finals. United (3) Chelsea (3) Arsenal (1) City (1) PSG (1) Juventus (2) Bayern (3) Barcelona (4) Milan (2) Inter (1) Atletico (2). How the hell have those chumps managed to get to more European cup finals than any side in Europe apart from Real Madrid when they’ve only challenged for their own league about 4 times in those 17 years.

It might rain on the odd day for them but it never ever pours. They don’t know real football suffering. It never arrives for them. There’s always always a get out of jail card for them. Always.

Every time I think this they somehow still manage to do something to keep themselves up there. They almost won the league with Mignolet Flanagan and Victor Moses making their line ups. They won the league cup with Kenny Dalglish in charge who I’m not sure even knew where he was half the time. Won the champions league with a squad that was 5th best in the country. Since 2005 they’ve been to 5 champions league finals. United (3) Chelsea (3) Arsenal (1) City (1) PSG (1) Juventus (2) Bayern (3) Barcelona (4) Milan (2) Inter (1) Atletico (2). How the hell have those chumps managed to get to more European cup finals than any side in Europe apart from Real Madrid when they’ve only challenged for their own league about 4 times in those 17 years.

It might rain on the odd day for them but it never ever pours. They don’t know real football suffering. It never arrives for them. There’s always always a get out of jail card for them. Always.
they wont win the league but after the World Cup and its pesky testing programme have finished, their lungs will be clearer than Liz Truss's desk next month and they'll romp into the euro slots looking like world beaters again

Yeah the title is looking unlikely but the top 4 results have all gone their way this weekend.⁷is the due to be humble in ⁶for Chelsea and Spurs could both be clear but haven’t punished then for it with games they’d both have expected to win at home.

Everyone wrote them off for top 4 in 20/21 and they ended up finishing third with an unbelievable run of form where Nat Phillips and Rhys Williams turned into prime Maldini and Baresi for a few months.

Dunno, those rainy days are always utterly hilarious though. Crystanbul, the finals against real madrid, thinking they'd jagged the title last season.

Just seen the highlights of the RS game on MOTD. When Forest hit the post late on from the breakaway the Forest player was more onside than Gordon was for his goal. Of course, he was given offside. Didn’t matter of course but even more crap officiating.
two players needed between attacker and the goal. Usually only mention one cos the goal keeper is the last man. This time Alison was upfront. So he was offside - not sure the forest player knew the rule tbh
Interested that Alison is seen as a bigger goal threat then the three outfield players that stayed back.

You shouldn't ever sing about Hillsborough or people being poor.

You should always sing about Heysel every week because they'd much rather you forgot it. I wish there was a song with the word "Heysel" in it so they could never say it was about something else ever again.
Or maybe just have a Juve flag at all the games they play against other teams…I am sure they will understand given their constant waving of the Steau banner.

two players needed between attacker and the goal. Usually only mention one cos the goal keeper is the last man. This time Alison was upfront. So he was offside - not sure the forest player knew the rule tbh
Interested that Alison is seen as a bigger goal threat then the three outfield players that stayed back.
Yeah I know, it was addressed yesterday just below my post. Me being dozy.

Just heard them two knobs Barry Glendenning and Max Rushden acusing Forrest fans of singing about Hilsbourgh yesterday on Talk Sport, pathetic when anyone who had the game on wouldnt of heard a single chant about Hilsbough and they even said the song words themselves which have nothing about Hillsbough in them at all, shameful, i think its Talk Sport though pushing this agenda

The “it’s never your fault” came out after Suarez and the Liverpool reaction to allegations of racism.

The following episodes are really what the song is about.
Hysel murder
Bulgaria / Sanky attempted murder
Suarez racism
Gerrard assault charge
Paris crowd trouble

without these incidents there the chant is not valid. In fact it become more popular with every incident - this season in particular its become popular because it’s about Paris coverage.
RS and the media shouldn’t be able to steal the narrative that it’s a hilsborough chant.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back