• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

It’s tricky, because hillsborough was an atrocity and the club and families deserve respect over that issue. Chanting about that issue is abhorrent.
Everton fans don’t by sun, this forum is quick criticise anyone that links to the site, the club have paid countless tributes and fans have stood side by side with our rivals every time with hilsborough.
The rs fans became heavily politicalised and forceful over hilsborough and their efforts, strength and unity resulted in finally holding the right people to account and achieving justice. They were fighting the good fight.
However, this policalisation and strength has made them untouchable on other unworthy issues to. See Suarez, see Paris ticketless fans, - they take on all comers whether the club is right or wrong and the media are scared to upset them. Having fought the good fight and won, they are now armed and will fight any one on any issue.
“Always the victim” is calling them out on this.
I haven’t heard anyone say it’s about Hillsborough apart rs, but the media is all over it.

It’s tricky, because hillsborough was an atrocity and the club and families deserve respect over that issue. Chanting about that issue is abhorrent.
Everton fans don’t by sun, this forum is quick criticise anyone that links to the site, the club have paid countless tributes and fans have stood side by side with our rivals every time with hilsborough.
The rs fans became heavily politicalised and forceful over hilsborough and their efforts, strength and unity resulted in finally holding the right people to account and achieving justice. They were fighting the good fight.
However, this policalisation and strength has made them untouchable on other unworthy issues to. See Suarez, see Paris ticketless fans, - they take on all comers whether the club is right or wrong and the media are scared to upset them. Having fought the good fight and won, they are now armed and will fight any one on any issue.
I haven’t heard anyone say it’s about Hillsborough apart rs, but the media is all over it.
This is what they want: a big debate about it all.

They can go and swing as far as I'm concerned. Everyone knows that the point of calling them victims has nothing to do with Hillsborough and everything to do with Heysel.

They officially want Heysel expunged from history, that's what this is really all about. It's an exercise in Orwellian mind control and it cant be accepted. So bollocks to 'funny man' cartoonist Squires and the rest of the middle class nobheads sticking their beaks into this.

ALWAYS THE VICTIMS, NEVER THEIR FAULT.

Never let them forget it.

The r/s adopted the victim thing, and it has its origins in an article by one de Pfeffel Johnson, which villified the city (NB not the r/s) as 'wallowing in its victim status'.
This brought the subject to the front after a litany of anti Liverpool (NB the city not the r/s) comments by prominent tories and media blurts.
The r/s adopted this status as a personal attack and tried to tack it on to the JFT96 campaign, therefore giving the charge some ironic credibility.
As a son of Liverpool (NB thecity not the r/s) I haver given and credence to anything spoken or printed by tories or their media sucklings, which means I'm not a 'victim'. ;)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back