• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

While out walking the dog, I had a chat with my uncle, the RS ST holder - a realistic and level-headed one. He said the sentiment towards FSG is worsening.

Apparently, there are growing rumours of an internal power struggle in the coaching system, which has been produced by senior roles behind the club going.

The whole, 'Are they for sale?' discussion is fuelling it, too. They're sat mid-table and will probably find form before the season is out, so the reaction is amusing.

However, it just goes to show their expectations compared to many others, including our own. Long may this decline and malaise continue!
If we're really lucky we'll pass them on our way up...well it could happen.

That 'shopping below' comment is a load of bollocks. £85m on Nunez, most expensive keeper in the league, most expensive defender in the league, cheeky £50m spent in Jan on Gakpo, pushing for £100m+ Bellingham in the Summer.

It's crazy, talking as if he's had to put a team of free transfer signings together.

Does anyone actually do their homework as a presenter, analysist, panel any more? He needed a new midfield.....yeah I'll buy Gapko. He needed a new striker to replace Mane......yeah I'll spunk 85m on Nunez. He had a chance to spin Salah for good money.....yeah I'll stick him on a contract double of the next nearest player and he'll cost me 18m a year in wages.

Worse Liverpool teams than this one have beaten better teams than that Madrid one.

I hope Madrid just dismantle them but this is Liverpool’s only trophy left this season. Klopp knows as well if he goes out the fans turn on him. They’ll be going all out and their luck in Europe knows no limit. Fortunately Ancelotti is a wily enough manager to hopefully not do anything completely stupid at Anfield.
True look at the team that won the Champions League under Benitez, look at their team who managed to get to the Final in 2007. The seeding is in place to ensure certain teams do well, whether they're crap or not. AC Milan were useless yet won the champions league against that lot. Other than Barca in 2011 when was the last time a team won that competition who were genuinely a great side. The RS and Milan just about qualified for the group stage in 07, got easy group stages, RS got easy enough draws home in 2nd legs and got the final thought that. I never right those devils off.

True look at the team that won the Champions League under Benitez, look at their team who managed to get to the Final in 2007. The seeding is in place to ensure certain teams do well, whether they're crap or not. AC Milan were useless yet won the champions league against that lot. Other than Barca in 2011 when was the last time a team won that competition who were genuinely a great side. The RS and Milan just about qualified for the group stage in 07, got easy group stages, RS got easy enough draws home in 2nd legs and got the final thought that. I never right those devils off.
It's a grim competition that has been designed to maintain the status quo. Why people complained about a European super League when this pantomime exists?

It's crazy, talking as if he's had to put a team of free transfer signings together.

Does anyone actually do their homework as a presenter, analysist, panel any more? He needed a new midfield.....yeah I'll buy Gapko. He needed a new striker to replace Mane......yeah I'll spunk 85m on Nunez. He had a chance to spin Salah for good money.....yeah I'll stick him on a contract double of the next nearest player and he'll cost me 18m a year in wages.
thats on a shoestring mate, cant be expected to work with that.

Listen to TS and it seems to be the norm of no money as they must be selling.. 185 mil in 2 transfer windows.. we can’t compete

Allison - 75 mill
Van Dijk - 75 mill
Konate - 36 mill
Fabinho - 40 mill
Keita - 53 mill
Ox- 35 mill
Thiago - 29 mill
Henderson - 20 mill
Salah - 37 mill
Gakpo - 45 mill
Nunez - 85 mill
Jota - 40 million
Diaz - 49 mill
Firmino - 29 mill

This isn’t even counting all the money they had under Rodgers when they wasted it on Carrol Downing Can Balotelli

Three players with fees over 70 mill. 8 players with fees higher than Everton’s record transfer fee.

Yet they’ve had no money and Everton have spent loads.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back