• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

Allison - 75 mill
Van Dijk - 75 mill
Konate - 36 mill
Fabinho - 40 mill
Keita - 53 mill
Ox- 35 mill
Thiago - 29 mill
Henderson - 20 mill
Salah - 37 mill
Gakpo - 45 mill
Nunez - 85 mill
Jota - 40 million
Diaz - 49 mill
Firmino - 29 mill

This isn’t even counting all the money they had under Rodgers when they wasted it on Carrol Downing Can Balotelli

Three players with fees over 70 mill. 8 players with fees higher than Everton’s record transfer fee.

Yet they’ve had no money and Everton have spent loads.
But there's still about 40 million of the coutinho money left after all that so doesn't count.

But there's still about 40 million of the coutinho money left after all that so doesn't count.

The way they go on you’d think Coutinho was from their academy or something.

Paying a massive fee for a player, selling them on, then reinvesting the money in another good player and only counting the net spend of the second deal is a trick they always use to make out they’ve not had any money.

They spent money they didn’t have under Hicks and Gillette to buy Torres Alonso Mascherano Agger etc. almost went into administration. Then were able to wipe all their debts and sell these players for huge fees. What a neat trick.

So Torres paid for Suarez, who then paid for Salah etc. it’s like City saying now they don’t spend any money because they have such a low net spend, it’s because they’ve already hoarded a load of top class assets they’re able to sell to keep a low net spend but there’s no getting away from the fact that Liverpool had loads of cash injected into the club for the entirety of their existence pretty much since Shankly brought them back into the top flight.

No other team has spent so much money for so long to stay at the top as them. The ultimate cheque book team and financial dopers.

Be interesting to see who they get then, as Klopp suits them, i mean his horrible personality, who ever the get next will be a much different manager and wont buy into the off field bellendary
Seems to be a trait with them, I remember how much of a bellend Rodger’s became when he went there, since being at Leicester he doesn’t seem to as vocal in the media anymore

Seems to be a trait with them, I remember how much of a bellend Rodger’s became when he went there, since being at Leicester he doesn’t seem to as vocal in the media anymore
Yeah they ruin people, they turn into what that club is, away from the club before and after they won't be the same

No defender of that shower but I think that may be from last season mate.
Yes... I think that picture is now you mention it... but then I did find this which appears they've done it again.

I was born in summer 1984, and in my lifetime there's only been one truly great rs team and that was the 1987/1988 one. I don't consider 1985/1986, 1989/1990 or 2019/2020 as truly great rs teams.

They've had relative success in drifts and drabs since 1990, but that Klopp era rs side at it's best was only a good team not a great team.

Of course they've had more recent success than us, but still though the rs have only won one league title in the past thirty three years. That suggests to me that they aren't as high and mighty, as some of their supporters like to think they are.

Yes... I think that picture is now you mention it... but then I did find this which appears they've done it again.

Yeah saw that today mate,a leopard doesn’t change its spots eh??

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back