• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

The problem with this is that if you say all the high earning clubs should bugger off and start their own league, everyone one else automatically gets relegated by default. The remaining league will always be looked upon as the second tier league.

It would be seen as a second tier league by modern fans, but there is a high chance that us fans that just enjoy football and its competitive nature would make it work, financially.

I think it helps that I support a lower league side and have watched a vast amount of games at non league and now a few seasons at League 2 level. Yes, the individual quality is not as high as higher up leagues but that really does not take away the enjoyment of watching a competitive game of football.

I have the strong belief that over time, if a completely new league is created and they are gone then, people would get bored of the same clubs playing each other. Hopefully they go and set up a non relegation league type, like the first incarnation. I would give it 5 years max before the novelty wears off and they are all bored. Leaving the stadiums 100% full of day trippers all with their cameras out, taking pictures of Klopp pretending to rage at the opposition manager.

I have the strong belief that over time, if a completely new league is created and they are gone then, people would get bored of the same clubs playing each other. Hopefully they go and set up a non relegation league type, like the first incarnation. I would give it 5 years max before the novelty wears off and they are all bored. Leaving the stadiums 100% full of day trippers all with their cameras out, taking pictures of Klopp pretending to rage at the opposition manager.
That's the dream.

Cue klopp moaning machine kicking in full pelt. And the outraged media toeing the line for them too....
Spring break anyone???
They know what they’re signing up to when putting pen to multi million pound contracts.

Having a Christmas break just means a congested spring or lengthening the season which means players have less time off in the summer!

You either reduce the teams in the league or scrap one of the cups.

How about scrap international football mid season??

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back