• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

Really liking that every kopite I’ve seen or spoken to are now defending the laughable on field decisions by the ref that they booed off at half and full time, and the decisions by the VAR team last night, when all season long they have been sticking the knives into refs/VAR all - knowledgable fan base my asre. You can’t have it both ways you morons.

Liverpool battered the zebra kopites last night, I’ve not seen anyone say otherwise, but the two penalites given and the geordie penalty not given were scandalous calls exacerbated by VAR.

If they are called correctly ( by the ref or more importantly by VAR, as that’s what the fecking thing was designed for) would the result have been any different - probably not, but you just never know.

The corruption and bias sorted that uncertainty out.

Also, carragher should be sacked for his ludicrous performance justifying the first penalty - he made a complete tit of himself and his bias shone brightly. Didn’t see him talking about the second Liverpool pen, did he even bother? Would have loved to have seen his explanation for that one, other than the Anfield sniper at it again.
Exact same principle with the derby - it’s 0-0 10v11. They should undoubtedly also go down to 10. Then you’d say it’s reduced from 95% Liverpool win to 50% at most.

They will dine out on the Spurs decision for years (even though they could have still very realistically lost had the first half goal been given 10 v 11). But they have more than made up for it already in terms of points gifted.

They are a blot on English football, a stain on its history, who are propped up continuously by the media. We live in an age of pantomime football - and until they all sod off to the Super League, it’s not changing.

ive just rewatched the Niasse incident online, whilst he knew what he was doing, it was a standard pro footballer falling under the impending touch. Defo no worse than many many subsequent incidents and certainly not worse that the one from the weekend.
It may be purely incidental but wasn't Niasse scoring some goals for us at that particular time, a time when we really needed goals.

ive just rewatched the Niasse incident online, whilst he knew what he was doing, it was a standard pro footballer falling under the impending touch. Defo no worse than many many subsequent incidents and certainly not worse that the one from the weekend.
It may be purely incidental but wasn't Niasse scoring some goals for us at that particular time, a time when we really needed goals.

Danny Murphy unilaterally decided to suspend Everton’s only fit decent striker at that point for 2 games. Imagine an ex Everton player doing that to Salah now, there’d be absolute murder.

They used to just get flukey in cups when poor teams with a handful of class players like Owen Gerrard Suarez etc. would benefit from some good fortune in finals and penalty shoot outs but it played out in the league all the time that they weren’t good enough.

Now Liverpool with arguably poorer players are in title challenges with much better opposition every season. It’s gone from being flukey to just full on matchfixing and doping.

The team with a midfield of Mascherano Alonso and Gerrard couldn’t win a title but one with Curtis Jones Harvey Elliot and Wataru Endo are currently favourites to do so. Make that make sense.

I mean personally I agree it was a pen but it was just ridiculous he went down so late instead of just scoring himself.
Like many others the first I saw was the angle showing him going to ground nowhere near the keeper. I was a bit angry.
Since then I've seen where the keeper makes contact with his ankle and on that basis then it was a penalty. But as you say why didn't he keep his balance and score himself?
Whilst on this thread can I comment on how smart the home bench looked in their black tops and those puke luminous club crest.
And finally Herr Shipman staring at the stand while Salah to that penalty. What a feckihg tit.

I mean personally I agree it was a pen but it was just ridiculous he went down so late instead of just scoring himself.
Yeah, looks like a minute touch by the keepers elbow. Probably not enough to bring him down, hence how far he traveled before giving up and diving.

He dives. But there is a small touch. If it was us there is no way on earth we'd get it. I doubt they'd spend more than a couple of seconds looking at the footage before waving it away. But since it's them they'll go over and over it.

Not until they bugger off to their scab pantomime league

I think that’s the only way football in this country gets saved now. Domestic leagues are just eating themselves because they cannot resist the urge to fix for their biggest teams that bring in tv revenue. If all the scab teams just went and played each other there’d be no need to fix those games as there wouldn’t be any cannon fodder teams, and the remaining teams could actually have a decent competition in their domestic leagues.

Football as it currently is is utterly broken and turning more and more fans off with each passing game they have to watch their own team get shafted against a top 6 side or watch the rules of the game get suspended weekly for Liverpool.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back