• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

Think they would need 14 to 15 wins. If liverpool stay in all cups there will come a period of burn out later on.

Wont be easy for City but doable. The game at Anfield may be key.

There is no scenario where the PL will allow Liverpool to lose to City at Anfield, none. Not whilst the majority of their customer base is tuned in watching. They dont even countenance their prime cash cow losing a single game at home let alone one that would crush their online following of glory hunters.

Laughable, if it wasn’t so blatantly sad.

Villa are this season's story so far in terms of actual football. They've done very well so far and look like they are setting up a real foundation to build the squad over the next few seasons. My only complaint is that we gave them a walkover in our first game against them but that's on us.

Remind me of how an old fashioned big 5 club sorts itself out. Time will tell but I prefer them over the money clubs like the rs pretending they are some bastion of sporting excellence.

Villa are this season's story so far in terms of actual football. They've done very well so far and look like they are setting up a real foundation to build the squad over the next few seasons. My only complaint is that we gave them a walkover in our first game against them but that's on us.

Remind me of how an old fashioned big 5 club sorts itself out. Time will tell but I prefer them over the money clubs like the rs pretending they are some bastion of sporting excellence.

There is a lot of integrity in what VIlla have done compared to others - its an example of incremental building.

What really upsets me about Villa, is they tanked, got relegated spent a couple of seasons in the championship, came up, stayed up and absolutely overtook us all in the time frame we were trying to progress - a real example of how poorly we've done.

If you look at the two clubs they have a fairly similar turnover.

Last edited:
There is a lot of integrity in what they do compared to others - its an example of incremental building.

What really upsets me about Villa, is they tanked, got relegated spent a couple of seasons in the championship, came up, stayed up and absolutely overtook us all in the time frame we were trying to progress - a real example of how poorly we've done.

If you look at the two clubs they have a fairly similar turnover.

A lot has to do with the club structure, we've been badly run for decades, it's come home to roost for us tge last 3 seasons and with ffp/ prs baring its teeth, its the perfect storm.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back