• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

I'll normally watch the league cup final regardless of who's involved, even them, but I'll be giving this one a very wide berth - the relentless sycophancy for him and the bias toward them degrades any notion of sport.

Will laugh my head off if they lose mind you, come on Chelsea, put them on their arse - you've got form for it.
I've lost count of the number of League Cup Finals they've spawned or the ref has given them. 84 Handball by Hansen. The Cardiff or Birmingham one I think where they had a blatant penalty not given in extra time with about 2 minutes to go. They've won it on penalties about 7 times. I fully expect the same thing to happen again.

Their manager hasn’t learned a thing, they went for a quadruple two seasons ago and got two minor trophies (when you consider the other two) and in doing so he ran his squad into the ground so badly they couldn’t achieve CL spots last season. Now he’s doing the same and it’s coming back to bite them again. They have a decent portion of the squad out as they’ve been playing to much football and all to feed his ego in his last season, one he had to announce months ahead instead of at the end, because again… ego!

They won’t win today with the same team as they had on Wednesday against Chelsea, they will fail to win the league and fitter less run down teams in the Europa will run rings around them. I could even see Southampton knocking them out of the FA Cup. Who knows how that will affect them next season when they are again running on empty and picking up silly injuries due to overplaying.

It’s just a shame the egomaniac is leaving them, a new manager might actually care about his players over his ego.

Their manager hasn’t learned a thing, they went for a quadruple two seasons ago and got two minor trophies (when you consider the other two) and in doing so he ran his squad into the ground so badly they couldn’t achieve CL spots last season. Now he’s doing the same and it’s coming back to bite them again. They have a decent portion of the squad out as they’ve been playing to much football and all to feed his ego in his last season, one he had to announce months ahead instead of at the end, because again… ego!

They won’t win today with the same team as they had on Wednesday against Chelsea, they will fail to win the league and fitter less run down teams in the Europa will run rings around them. I could even see Southampton knocking them out of the FA Cup. Who knows how that will affect them next season when they are again running on empty and picking up silly injuries due to overplaying.

It’s just a shame the egomaniac is leaving them, a new manager might actually care about his players over his ego.
Wont really matter, they beat Barcelona 4-0 with Divock Origi.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back