• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

Was that the game conte parked the bus and klopp was winging how he set up,somehow the current spurs manager doesn’t do that the rs win that game unfortunately
Yes it was and, alas, I agree with the rest of your post. I think that game was the last time they were able to go full tilt against anyone whilst on that cycle. They then struggled with the last few games that season, unable to win in Paris at the end of it all. The start of the following season was completely at odds with the second half of the season before where they won 17 and drew 2 in the league. After a two-month break, they drew with Fulham, drew with Palace and lost at United.

What infuriated me most about that situation, aside from the injury Eddie got and the pathetic response from Liverpool fans, was the response from the media. The next time we played them Mane scored against Ederson. The sheer glee in Martin Tyler's voice as he screamed "REVENGE" down the mic was genuinely shocking. Revenge for what exactly? I've hated Tyler ever since, and was happy when he was finally put out the grass.

You can’t trust them Tyler’s

Yes it was and, alas, I agree with the rest of your post. I think that game was the last time they were able to go full tilt against anyone whilst on that cycle. They then struggled with the last few games that season, unable to win in Paris at the end of it all. The start of the following season was completely at odds with the second half of the season before where they won 17 and drew 2 in the league. After a two-month break, they drew with Fulham, drew with Palace and lost at United.

The doping cycles are so obvious with this team yet it’s never called out. One season they’re pushing for quads and going for 90 plus points and everyone is the best player in the world in their position.

Then some seasons they’re getting mid 60 points, literally everyone is beating them, they lost 6 at home in a row, embarrassed in Europe, and there’s questions whether their players will even make international squads. They then go on a mad tear at the end of the season suddenly winning 10 in a row to try and get 4th place and all their players are great again.

Like does anyone actually believe all this, they were literally able to convince the entire football media that a few 29 year old midfielders were ‘finished’ and needed to be refreshed and that’s the reason they finished 5th in a season between challenging for 2 quadruples.

Milner is just fitter at 35 than he was at 21
Van Dijk just took an entire two years to get back to his pre-injury levels
Gomez just lost his confidence otherwise he’d be back to being the best in the league
Jones and Elliot have just developed loads
The academy lads all had really good loans

I mean does anyone actually believe this complete and utter bull?

Doping cheats.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back