• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

I think it was definitely a pen on Sunday but no one talks about the ridiculous disallowed goal in the reverse fixture that robbed City.

Also, remember when Mane nearly decapitated the City keeper and got a red and they all were seething about that
I think the ref bottled it.
Unusual at the pit.
But the race is still open which his paymasters want.
Unfortunately I can't see the rs dropping points the other two will...

Gary Neville yesterday:

But Klopp is a massive personality, a giant of a character and someone who connects not just with his players - that's pretty obvious, and the staff within the club - but with the city, the language he uses, the tone, with the fans.

And I think to me that's what a great manager does. They do more than just play great football. They do more than just win football matches. They do more than win trophies. They impact people's lives on a sort of daily basis, weekly basis. And I think Klopp does that for Liverpool.

I think there are men and women and children in Liverpool, who go to school, who wake up in the morning, who go to work, and they think of the passion and the energy of Jurgen Klopp. I genuinely think that will happen.

Where do you begin?
I heard Neville had called Klopp a giant C, but didn't realise the C stood for character.

The ball was there to be challenged for
And there was no malice. Can’t see it as a penalty myself. One of those you see given at the pit and you shake your head.
Doesn’t help that the rs wasn’t even interested in challenging

Also, remember when Mane nearly decapitated the City keeper and got a red and they all were seething about that
What infuriated me most about that situation, aside from the injury Eddie got and the pathetic response from Liverpool fans, was the response from the media. The next time we played them Mane scored against Ederson. The sheer glee in Martin Tyler's voice as he screamed "REVENGE" down the mic was genuinely shocking. Revenge for what exactly? I've hated Tyler ever since, and was happy when he was finally put out the grass.

But the multi club model is killing the game

I saw inklings of this over the weekend that he was going to be involved at the multi-club level. Got me thinking as to why they've been leaking it consistently over the last few weeks that he was going to be returning rather than just announcing it at the end of the season. The timing is weird for me. Then the thought occurred to me that while the natural way to expand is one club at a time, if the footballing gods provided you with a chance to take over multiple financially troubled clubs at the same time and on the cheap, it would be something they'd be all over, especially if it allowed them to kick us in the goolies at the same time.

So yeah, wouldn't surprise me if they acquire some of the 777 clubs, providing them a financial boost to increase the chances of them getting approved to take us over, and allowing them to make themselves out as some sort of samaritan heroes that are ensuring our continued operation, while at the same time removing the only one benefit of 777 to us. Truly Machiavellian if its what they're up to.

I saw inklings of this over the weekend that he was going to be involved at the multi-club level. Got me thinking as to why they've been leaking it consistently over the last few weeks that he was going to be returning rather than just announcing it at the end of the season. The timing is weird for me. Then the thought occurred to me that while the natural way to expand is one club at a time, if the footballing gods provided you with a chance to take over multiple financially troubled clubs at the same time and on the cheap, it would be something they'd be all over, especially if it allowed them to kick us in the goolies at the same time.

So yeah, wouldn't surprise me if they acquire some of the 777 clubs, providing them a financial boost to increase the chances of them getting approved to take us over, and allowing them to make themselves out as some sort of samaritan heroes that are ensuring our continued operation, while at the same time removing the only one benefit of 777 to us. Truly Machiavellian if its what they're up to.
You cant own multiple teams in the same country never mind the same league.

True, but two years ago their 1-1 draw there late in the season was the difference between them winning the league/winning a glorious doubruple.
Was that the game conte parked the bus and klopp was winging how he set up,somehow the current spurs manager doesn’t do that the rs win that game unfortunately

The ball was there to be challenged for
And there was no malice. Can’t see it as a penalty myself. One of those you see given at the pit and you shake your head.
Doesn’t help that the rs wasn’t even interested in challenging

Said to my lad, Nunez, definitely was leaping in the air, before the " collision" for the pen, don't care what anyone says, if you get chance look at thd replays of it.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back