• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

the song that came into being immediately after the Evra incident. Indeed. it's easy to change the narrative when the bulk of the media are either fans or terrified of upsetting the cult.

I'm rather looking forward to seeing breakfast tele for once tomorrow. Might even record it
Personally I hate the song, it’s grim and the whole fallout after every Derby and every game they play against manc teams is horrible.

But there can be no doubt the song came about after the Suarez Evra incident. You can do a custom google search before that date and there is not a single mention of it on the internet.

People might want it to refer to other incidents before that I don’t know but it came about because of that incident.

State of them 2. They're not normal. They simply can't cope when it doesn't go their way.

Do you remember them 2 doing a music video of "happy" (was that Pharrell Williams?) when they didn't win the league under Rodgers and the milky bar kid was saying "even though we didn't win the league, it was still an amazing season that made us happy". Bet the 2 dangers to society got it deleted off YT the bellends

Hahahaha my god I’d forgot about that. Also when they signed Balotelli in the summer the Milkybar tit made a video celebrating it, said he wanted to suck off the director of football and compared Balotelli to R9. They deleted that one too.

A whole fan base that genuinely can’t compute that they lost a game and there was no VAR error to blame for it. They’ve become so used to just every single thing going their way every week that they’re almost on the verge of civil unrest because they’ve lost a game. If the title looks like it’s going to slip away at any point this lot will be on a rampage.

I’d love Pep to do a double treble whilst Jurgen slinks off with his ‘yeah but it means more to our fans’ nonsense. Best team of all time? Not even the best in your own era or own league.

A whole fan base that genuinely can’t compute that they lost a game and there was no VAR error to blame for it. They’ve become so used to just every single thing going their way every week that they’re almost on the verge of civil unrest because they’ve lost a game. If the title looks like it’s going to slip away at any point this lot will be on a rampage.

I’d love Pep to do a double treble whilst Jurgen slinks off with his ‘yeah but it means more to our fans’ nonsense. Best team of all time? Not even the best in your own era or own league.

Its a shame City have been off the ball this season by their own high standards otherwise the title would already be sewn up. Hope I am wrong but can see the PL doing everything in its power to ensure City dont monopolise the league and they give Jurgen the Brute his farewell gift.

Whilst I think Alonso will develop into a future solid manager, it would be funny if he joined them and it went south. Seeing the RS "turn" on one of their own would be rather humorous.

Personally I hate the song, it’s grim and the whole fallout after every Derby and every game they play against manc teams is horrible.

But there can be no doubt the song came about after the Suarez Evra incident. You can do a custom google search before that date and there is not a single mention of it on the internet.

People might want it to refer to other incidents before that I don’t know but it came about because of that incident.
I think your point is indicative not really of the that chant and how it is deployed but rather how supporting football teams has moved from light hearted bantz with no one really meaning it to people taking it far too seriously, to the point of attacking team buses before a game to gain a sporting advantage and the RS are foremost in this escalation. It is getting quite bitter and nasty and someone is going to get seriously hurt soon. Its only a game FFS

Its a shame City have been off the ball this season by their own high standards otherwise the title would already be sewn up. Hope I am wrong but can see the PL doing everything in its power to ensure City dont monopolise the league and they give Jurgen the Brute his farewell gift.

Whilst I think Alonso will develop into a future solid manager, it would be funny if he joined them and it went south. Seeing the RS "turn" on one of their own would be rather humorous.

Title would have been over months ago for Liverpool without matchfixing. Some of the decisions they’ve been getting in games they would have dropped points in like Palace Sheffield United Nottingham Forest City has been a disgrace. They shouldn’t be anywhere near the top of the league and would have a scrap for fourth on their hands now.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back