• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

Did anyone clock this bit of revisionism worthy of Stalin in the article about that mural...

Also on the mural are the words, ’For the first time, we are being seen the world over as we should be seen’.

That sentence came from the mouth of Martin Luther King Jr when he was convincing Nichelle Nichols, an African American actor, to stay on Star Trek in the 1960s.

Her role in Star Trek was the first time an African American actor had appeared so prominently on mainstream television, and in some ways could be compared to Gayle’s role as a footballer who inspired marginalised youngsters.

Where do you even start with that: Leaving aside the breathtaking hubris of taking a quote from Martin Luther King (though no doubt he used to be in the Boys Pen at the pit as a lad), but comparing Nichelle Nichols and the famous first mixed race kiss on TV in the 60s with a guy who played a massive FIVE TIMES for der Redmen, in SIX YEARS! I mean, forget West Brom with the great trio of Regis, Cunningham and Batson three years before his first appearance. Forget Clyde Best, who I saw play for West Ham at Goodison in the Catterick championship season. Oh, and let's not even cast a thought to Albert Johanneson, who played in the FA Cup Final for Leeds in 1865 - against Liverpool! They were all paving the way for the true groundbreaking, barrier-smashing Boys Own Paper story of Howard 'Five Games' Gayle...

Astonishing, even for them... :coffee:

Grates on me does Barnes… always on tv highlighting racism, which is good, but conveniently sweeping his time there under the carpet
Agree with some things he says disagree on others. Also what's the point of the mural? Rangers had loads of Hispanic Catholic players, yet it didn't stop Rangers fans singing no pope of Rome. Most NBA players are black, same with NFL, doesnt mean people in America are any less racist. As Suarez affair showed, it doesn't take much for racist RS to come out of woodwork. Personally unless your dealing with St Pauli, Celtic, Rangers, Lazio, Barcelona, or certain other clubs that have a political affiliation, clubs should avoid making political statements. Particularly when your greatest ever player condoned what Suarez did and treated him like Nelson Mandela and thousands of RS booed Evra at the time. It just comes across as another example of corporate virtue signalling. Hendo was all about gay rights until, he was offered money. Haven't heard many players having a go at Dogleash.

Arne gets off to his first win as Liverpool manager.

tumblr_o1j5n5f5oz1umn0yeo1_400.gif

Also Nick Hornsby "Fever Pitch"
I remember that. Hornby wrote about a barrage of bananas being thrown onto the pitch by Liverpool fans, describing it as nauseating and disgusting as I recall, and called out why Barnes never mentioned it. If you search it you'll find plenty of kopites in denial about it one one of their forums. I hated barnes for always pointing the finger at us in stuff like Sky magazine and other articles elsewhere. He comes across as an intelligent and decent bloke, and I respect him for the adversity he faced from the terraces from fans everywhere, but he never ever mentions this on his debut for the shower. Red mates used to tell me the abuse he would get if he made a mistake too.

I remember that. Hornby wrote about a barrage of bananas being thrown onto the pitch by Liverpool fans, describing it as nauseating and disgusting as I recall, and called out why Barnes never mentioned it. If you search it you'll find plenty of kopites in denial about it one one of their forums. I hated barnes for always pointing the finger at us in stuff like Sky magazine and other articles elsewhere. He comes across as an intelligent and decent bloke, and I respect him for the adversity he faced from the terraces from fans everywhere, but he never ever mentions this on his debut for the shower. Red mates used to tell me the abuse he would get if he made a mistake too.
I read the Liverpool scaly hooligan book written by cilla black sorry I meant Nicky try hard scouser alt . No word of a lie he saying in the book he was at Highbury for John barnes debut and he saying it wasent bananas getting thrown at barnes but yellow vibrators yes that’s right yellow vibrators that they robbed from a sex shop in soho on the morning of the the match . This is one of the many reasons I despise these gobshites they will never admit to anything and will always try and spin it .yellow vibrators FFS have a day off cilla you daft [Poor language removed]

Do you remember the sewer collapsing in the middle of the Kop just before the season started which meant they couldn't play any games at home for the first few weeks?
All very convient as it gave Barnes time to bed in and the fans time to cool down and accept the situation.

Arne gets off to his first win as Liverpool manager.

tumblr_o1j5n5f5oz1umn0yeo1_400.gif

Headlines around Slot telling fans not to moan about transfers and Curtis Jones being better off now Klopp has gone? Would never have happened under Klopp’s propaganda police.

One wrong move from this Dutch bloke and the kopite establishment will be fuelling the Klopp return calls and will have Slot out quicker than anyone can imagine. The best thing Slot can hope for is Klopp gets a job soon or that ego maniac will be back hanging around Anfield as much as possible lapping up the cult’s adoration for him.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back