• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

no point in even starting the league this season. Just give them the title.

So, if I was tactically analysing this to defend it. The keeper is not stopped in coming right to the edge of the 6 yard box, as a starting position. Makes it unbelievably easier to come out and effectively collect or punch well clear. The defenders can also easily facilitate this by leaving enough space as they have no players to mark.

The attackers are coming at an angle where it is not easy to get a head on target, even if they get to the ball, with the keeper more than likely coming to the ball. We know that any touch on the keeper is a foul and this increases this happening, as we saw there.

I can also see what they may be trying to do, taking the defenders to look in an unnatural way and put them off, but the freeness the keeper has and they will have most, if not all areas, of the box covered.

In conclusion, after one or two goes any half decent set piece coach/manager will have it sussed out.

Wouldn't be giving them the title just yet :lol:

Offff, the Yak going off like a bull in a china shop here:
View attachment 266606

Bullets in the post for the Yak? 🤯
Disagree with regards to Mane, Adebayor, Toure and Kanu, but Yak has a point Salah rarely looks in control of ball. Would Myko have kept Messi quiet in multiple derbies in a row? No. Like I always said Liverpool's success under Klopp was built on running around like headless chickens.

no point in even starting the league this season. Just give them the title.

Well, Arne was ecstatic over the win.
CiOHO5544doY.webp

He could hardly control his emotions!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back