• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is, it is.

Although I don't think they will (and pray to god they don't), they beat Chelsea and City at home and ....well they'll be right in the mix of things

I think they'll win at least one of those games. They won't win the league but they'll run it close this year, and I don't think they'll have to qualify for the CL groups either as I think it'll be 3rd for them.

Lads, just to let you know, Rodgers was not having an affair ok. He has just left his wife and is now in a new relationship with a person who used to be a secretary at the club he manages and who's house he had been visiting late at night......but it wasn't an affair ok..... I just got told by a few kopites on Facebook..... Incidentally, the discussion soon turned to bitter evertonian, WE are always the victim, we blame Heysel for not winning European cup and we spread rumours about Liverpool because we are obsessed...... An these we're the nice replies off so called friends..... Wtf is wrong with them ?

Only 5 points off Chelsea with them and City having to play at Anfield

Chelsea/Arsenal/City all going back into CL games in the next week or so

I think they will be right up there

rodgers bigging up gerrard and henderson in the press again..

how long before a kopite suggest this england team? -

-----------hart
flanagan--not jags-- cahill-- johnson
----gerrard henderson
sterling---rooney----townsend
-----sturridge

Sometimes you just can't make things up. In today's Guardian this little gem from Rodgersballs, 'It is the easiest thing in the world to get your goalkeeper to smash the ball as far as he can up the pitch, away from danger, and when you haven't got the ball just drop back in'. Give him his due it is not just the goalkeeper but also Toure and Skrtl that smash the ball up the pitch for Suarez and Sturridge to chase and LFC get 7 players behind the ball. LFC play more hoofi hoofi than tiki taki.

WE are always the victim, we blame Heysel for not winning European cup

LOL! Where to begin?

We ARE amongst many victims of Heysel - and it WASN'T our fault.

Until Liverpool accept one iota of culpability for what they did, they will deserve all the slamming they get.

As for us winning the European Cup - we may have won it - we may not. The FACT that we weren't allowed to enter it is LFC's fault and they SHOULD be blamed for it.

Sometimes you just can't make things up. In today's Guardian this little gem from Rodgersballs, 'It is the easiest thing in the world to get your goalkeeper to smash the ball as far as he can up the pitch, away from danger, and when you haven't got the ball just drop back in'. Give him his due it is not just the goalkeeper but also Toure and Skrtl that smash the ball up the pitch for Suarez and Sturridge to chase and LFC get 7 players behind the ball. LFC play more hoofi hoofi than tiki taki.

What's the problem with him describing his sum total tactical nous to a tee

LOL! Where to begin?

We ARE amongst many victims of Heysel - and it WASN'T our fault.

Until Liverpool accept one iota of culpability for what they did, they will deserve all the slamming they get.

As for us winning the European Cup - we may have won it - we may not. The FACT that we weren't allowed to enter it is LFC's fault and they SHOULD be blamed for it.

I understand your point, but it also understand Kurt's. Yes we should've been allowed to enter the EC and suffered through no fault of our own, but how can we explain the fact that other clubs (Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, etc.) endured the same Euro ban as us and were able to go back into European competition once the ban was lifted?

The simple fact is, that we endured some off-field mis-management during the following seasons and that is easily as much to blame as Heysel. Heysel played a part in us suffering without a shadow of a doubt - but it's folly to think that it's the only reason the 80's glory didn't continue.

I understand your point, but it also understand Kurt's. Yes we should've been allowed to enter the EC and suffered through no fault of our own, but how can we explain the fact that other clubs (Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, etc.) endured the same Euro ban as us and were able to go back into European competition once the ban was lifted?

The simple fact is, that we endured some off-field mis-management during the following seasons and that is easily as much to blame as Heysel. Heysel played a part in us suffering without a shadow of a doubt - but it's folly to think that it's the only reason the 80's glory didn't continue.

I take your point. I was referring to that moment in time - those few seasons - where we had a real chance to solidify a true European presence. Mismanagement is one of several reasons why this didn't happen. The wind was certainly knocked out of our sails - enough for Steven and Stevens to jump ship to Rangers (of all places) because of what can only be described as 'desperation' to play in the EC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back