• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
4th is the least of our worries we've gone from being 2 behind them to potentially being 11 by next weekend. If we take points off Chelsea we're practically handing the title to Liverpool. People keep going on about an implosion but they were top after a quarter of the season, top at half way and are 4 points off at 3/4. Their brand of counter attacking, penalty inducing, set piece reliant long ball football works against those sides in the league like us who reckon we're Barcelona and have our centrebacks on their halfway line. All we can do is hope for a spurs like collapse from them, or hope that someone like chelsea wins out.

With 4th place for us looking extremely remote now, the Chelsea game takes on a new perspective. The RS winning the league would be disastrous for our club. Getting the young generation to follow us rather than them is difficult enough as it is. They become champions and it's game over. I think City are the best bet to stop the nightmare happening but even so I won't be crying if Chelsea take all 3 points off us next weekend. Sad, but we (ie the Board) have only ourselves to blame by not strengthening in key positions in the January window.

hopefully they will lose all of them, at least the possibility of it all coming crashing down is something to look forward too, surely they cant keep up this form..especially gerrard, id have thought age would catch up with him..i am worried tho

I'm naturally pessimistic with that lot and if they beat Arsenal on Sunday, what chance the double? Damn those images of Gerrard on St.Georges balcony holding up the Prem title an d then the FA cup.

City will win the league, the **** will get fourth, we will make at least a decent cup run and have an eventful summer. Life will continue, and we will still know our name. NEA

Hardest games left

Chelsea - Spurs,Arsenal,Liverpool

City - Utd,Everton,Liverpool,Arsenal

Liverpool - City,Chelsea,Utd,Southampton,Spurs

Oh and Chelsea seem to have a very descent run in

Cardiff,Norwich,Swansea,Sunderland,Stoke,Palace,Villa,Fulham in the remaining 12 games

Hardest games left

Chelsea - Spurs,Arsenal,Liverpool

City - Utd,Everton,Liverpool,Arsenal

Liverpool - City,Chelsea,Utd,Southampton,Spurs

I think the fact they seem to very rarely lose at home makes that sequence of games easier than they look on paper.

Liverpool to win the league ? They've only just been held to a draw by west brom and villa ffs !

Top 4 a cert basically, but come on lads.

its just the thought of it tbh, rather than the actual reality, imagine stevie g holding that trophy, sends us all into a blind panic, the media storm doesnt help, even worse is people suggesting they would happy for us to lose to chelsea ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back