• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Spurs thread on RAWK is extremely amusing. The total incredulity that one of the worst teams in the League (no decent midfielders or defenders apparently), ie Spurs, are only three points behind the best team 'in der wurld' is really quite fabulous & appears to be sending them into meltdown. But we are going to 'quote, unquote' collapse soon & they will 'teach us another lesson at Anfield'.

If ever i need a good laugh, RAWK is my first port of call.

Gave the only kopite i talk too and thats only coz he is a gardener at a house where I look after the lawns 3/1 at the start of the season (when it looked like Suarez was off) to finish top 4 he had 50quid on it. GUTTED, can ill afford that. Tough lesson learned as it is a double or even treble (with Suarez likely to stay on now) whammy.

The Spurs thread on RAWK is extremely amusing. The total incredulity that one of the worst teams in the League (no decent midfielders or defenders apparently), ie Spurs, are only three points behind the best team 'in der wurld' is really quite fabulous & appears to be sending them into meltdown. But we are going to 'quote, unquote' collapse soon & they will 'teach us another lesson at Anfield'.

If ever i need a good laugh, RAWK is my first port of call.

this is why we get soo infuriated with them! adebayor is in form comparable to sturridge and your midfield has alot more quality

Liverpool to win the league ? They've only just been held to a draw by west brom and villa ffs !

Top 4 a cert basically, but come on lads.

Chelsea drew with West Brom

City drew with Norwich

aaah ffs, every time one poster makes me feel betterer another post makes me feel much worserer

GOT is an emotional minefield, leading from a pit of despair to a rainbow of hope and glee(then back again)

In reality looking at the squads of the top 4 I don't think Liverpool have a chance of winning the title, BUT as Mourinho said they have no Europe where as Chelsea, City and Arsenal will all be looking to progress and lets be honest league form will come second to CL form for all of them.

They've had their injuries and their suspensions and without Europe ahead of them they are regrettably in the mix for the title.

As Kurt said all we can do is win our games.

Suarez opening up old wounds

Luiz Suarez has reopened his row with Manchester United’s Patrice Evra by claiming he has no regrets over the incident, which he described as ‘all false’.

Suarez was disgraced when found guilty of racially abusing Evra in 2011, but he now claims that he only regrets two incidents in his career, both involving biting an opponent.

The Uruguayan told radio station Sport890 AM: ‘Let me tell you, I’ve made only two mistakes in my career. My first was when I was playing for Ajax and I bit an opponent. My second was when I bit [Branislav] Ivanovic [against Chelsea].

‘The case with Evra was all false. I was accused without proof. But that’s in the past. I was sad at that moment, but I’m happy today. I have grown up. I have thought more about things before doing them.

‘Now people in England can’t talk about me because I’m not doing anything wrong. They have to talk about me only as a footballer. I said I’m sorry [after the Ivanovic bite] and that was all, end of story.

‘I’ve nothing else to regret. All the other things were like a movie that people in England believed in.’

"For example, Mr Suarez said that he pinched Mr Evra's skin in an attempt to defuse the situation. He also said that his use of the word 'negro' to address Mr Evra was conciliatory and friendly. We rejected that evidence.

"To describe his own behaviour in that way was unsustainable and simply incredible given that the players were engaged in an acrimonious argument.

"That this was put forward by Mr Suarez was surprising and seriously undermined the reliability of his evidence on other matters.

"There were also inconsistencies between his accounts given at different times as to what happened."

He [Suarez] said that he used the word 'negro' at this point in the way that he did when he was growing up in Uruguay, that is as a friendly form of address to people seen as black or brown-skinned or even just black-haired.

"He [Suarez] said that he used it in the same way that he did when he spoke to Glen Johnson, the Liverpool player.

"He [Suarez] said in no way was the use of the word 'negro' intended to be offensive or to be racially offensive. It was intended as an attempt at conciliation."

HE DIDNT SAY NOFING LADS ITS DER FA AND DER MEDJA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back