• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure the idea that they "shouldn't be able to keep this run of form going" really stands with them. If you look at how they play, I don't think anyone's really playing out of their skin apart from Sterling and possibly Sturridge.

The defence is poor, but it's probably performing badly even by its standards. The midfield is average and has been performing as such. There's no form to speak of to keep up, there. Looking then to the forwards, Sterling is the only one I'd say is enjoying a purple patch. Coutinho hasn't been very consistent and Sturridge and Suarez perform at top levels every week because they are top players. A poor game from either of them is an anomaly rather than something to be expected.

Nice.

rodgers-tattoo.png

“I’ve always said that you can live without water for many days, but you can’t live for a second without hope.”

so i was thinking about just what it is i can't stand about liverpool fc... and i came to the conclusion its nothing to do with the actual club or even the players, its the disproportionately large amount of cringey whoppers who support them. Obviously the majority of their fanbase are perfectly sound people but whenever you read comments from their "internet fans" on articles on websites etc they always write the most unbelievably dumb and cringey stuff... so much worse than other fans, just an overload of mawkish nonsense.

Last edited:

HE DIDNT SAY NOFING LADS ITS DER FA AND DER MEDJA

i have black hair so i'm a negro?

hmm

The Spurs thread on RAWK is extremely amusing. The total incredulity that one of the worst teams in the League (no decent midfielders or defenders apparently), ie Spurs, are only three points behind the best team 'in der wurld' is really quite fabulous & appears to be sending them into meltdown. But we are going to 'quote, unquote' collapse soon & they will 'teach us another lesson at Anfield'.

If ever i need a good laugh, RAWK is my first port of call.

have a feeling you'll turn them over tbh. you're way better away, with a manager who knows nothing but attack, think you have a better midfield/attack force and will probs outscore them.

cue dull 0-0 draw.

i have black hair so i'm a negro?

hmm

have a feeling you'll turn them over tbh. you're way better away, with a manager who knows nothing but attack, think you have a better midfield/attack force and will probs outscore them.

cue dull 0-0 draw.

To be honest, that is how they keep winning. Park the bus then hoof it up to Suarez. Why has no manager thought of sitting deep themselves then counter quickly when their back 8 move out of the box?

Can I just check, what was the proof they charged Suarez on?

Another player heard it right?

Nobody heard it I don't think except for Evra (even the ref didn't and that's why they had to retrospectively take action). But Suarez did admit to calling him negrito although his stance was that because the conversation took place in Spanish it was not meant to be racist as that is a common term in everyday language in Uruguay.

I'm not sure the idea that they "shouldn't be able to keep this run of form going" really stands with them. If you look at how they play, I don't think anyone's really playing out of their skin apart from Sterling and possibly Sturridge.

The defence is poor, but it's probably performing badly even by its standards. The midfield is average and has been performing as such. There's no form to speak of to keep up, there. Looking then to the forwards, Sterling is the only one I'd say is enjoying a purple patch. Coutinho hasn't been very consistent and Sturridge and Suarez perform at top levels every week because they are top players. A poor game from either of them is an anomaly rather than something to be expected.

That is the worrying thing really. If anything their defence has been in poor form and with their players like Johnson, Enrique, Sakho and Agger returning you would think that they might actually improve that area in the coming weeks. However, Suarez seems to not be scoring goals as freely now that he is playing out wide so maybe they won't be scoring as often as before.

Fortunately all the snarking against Rodgers and his marital difficulties has simmered down. No one knows what goes on behind closed doors. Attacking him simply because he manages the RS is as bad as Suarez being defended by them just because he plays for them.

As for Gerrard's uncle - this is no reflection on the man himself. He can't choose his family.

As far as the RS title challenge is concerned - win or miss out - there's gonna be a whole lot of crying and shaking goin' on. :D

Nobody heard it I don't think except for Evra (even the ref didn't and that's why they had to retrospectively take action). But Suarez did admit to calling him negrito although his stance was that because the conversation took place in Spanish it was not meant to be racist as that is a common term in everyday language in Uruguay.

On 31 December 2011, the FA released the contents of their findings.[32] In a 115-page report,[33] the FA said that Suárez "damaged the image of English football around the world". The FA, while finding Evra to be a credible witness, declared that Suárez's evidence was unreliable and inconsistent with the video footage. According to Evra's testimony, Suárez said in Spanish that he had earlier kicked Evra "because you are black", said "I don't speak to blacks" and used the word "negro" five times in total as they argued. Suárez had claimed that he used the word 'negro' only once to address Evra and this was intended to be conciliatory and friendly, but the FA rejected this claim as being "unsustainable and simply incredible given that the players were engaged in an acrimonious argument." As the conversation between Suárez and Evra took place in Spanish, linguistic experts were called in to help the panel with the meaning of the phrases. The panel concluded that "Suárez's use of the term [negro] was not intended as an attempt at conciliation or to establish rapport; neither was it meant in a conciliatory and friendly way." Suárez was also warned that two similar offences in the future could lead to "a permanent suspension"

Apart from showing themselves up by wearing the Suarez is innocent T-shirts, LFC didn't appeal against the decision. If he was innocent then LFC had a duty to protect their employee from unfair treatment. But they never appealed. The latest out burst by Suarez, 'I'm innocent', is a massive slap in the face for LFC and he is questioning why they didn't appeal. You can tell that the lack of an appeal by LFC still rankles with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back