• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take your point. I was referring to that moment in time - those few seasons - where we had a real chance to solidify a true European presence. Mismanagement is one of several reasons why this didn't happen. The wind was certainly knocked out of our sails - enough for Steven and Stevens to jump ship to Rangers (of all places) because of what can only be described as 'desperation' to play in the EC.

The squad was depleted somewhat, but not decimated.

Sadly, the damage had been done and I think we're only now recovering. I reckon we'd have recovered sooner had the board backed both Kendal (v2) when he wanted Dion Dublin and Joe Royle when he wanted Flo.

This is another argument though mate :)

4 points off top after tonight, no Europe either all games against teams above at home, we would be giddy and excited by our chances if it were us they have every right to be hopeful the way things are panning out

They won't win the league. I'm pretty confident of that.

I really hope Spurs pip them to 4th if it's not going to be us. If they get back in the CL then I think they'll stay there. They've got the revenue streams and a huge worldwide fan base to help sustain it.

They won't win the league. I'm pretty confident of that.

I really hope Spurs pip them to 4th if it's not going to be us. If they get back in the CL then I think they'll stay there. They've got the revenue streams and a huge worldwide fan base to help sustain it.

No chance, Spurs are poor

No chance, Spurs are poor

I know. I'd much rather them than Liverpool though.

You know the Kopites wouldn't be gracious at all if they got 4th.

AHAHAHA ALL YOU BITTERZ THOUGHT YOU WERE GONNA GET IT WELL WEEV GORRIT YOU BITTERZ AHAHAA YHOORPEAN TORR IN YOUR FACE YOU BITTER LEMMONZ AHAHAHA.

5 TIMES

5 TIMES

5 TIMES

AHAHAHA ALL YOU BITTERZ THOUGHT YOU WERE GONNA GET IT WELL WEEV GORRIT YOU BITTERZ AHAHAA YHOORPEAN TORR IN YOUR FACE YOU BITTER LEMMONZ AHAHAHA.

5 TIMES

5 TIMES

5 TIMES
The biggest carrot for them getting in the CL is keeping Suarez, he goes they go, he is irreplaceable, any team in the world loses a player of that quality you cant replace them, so much of the good stuff they do comes from him, whether it be the attention defenders give him freeing up other players to score, setting up goals or scoring a load of goals himself.

5 TIMES

5 TIMES

5 TIMES

The money they have blown in the last 2-3 seasons 4th would be the least I would expect

The biggest carrot for them getting in the CL is keeping Suarez, he goes they go, he is irreplaceable, any team in the world loses a player of that quality you cant replace them, so much of the good stuff they do comes from him, whether it be the attention defenders give him freeing up other players to score, setting up goals or scoring a load of goals himself.

Agreed on all points. I still think he might go even if they do get CL.

The money they have blown in the last 2-3 seasons 4th would be the least I would expect

What you on about mate? They're skint you know.

4th is the least of our worries we've gone from being 2 behind them to potentially being 11 by next weekend. If we take points off Chelsea we're practically handing the title to Liverpool. People keep going on about an implosion but they were top after a quarter of the season, top at half way and are 4 points off at 3/4. Their brand of counter attacking, penalty inducing, set piece reliant long ball football works against those sides in the league like us who reckon we're Barcelona and have our centrebacks on their halfway line. All we can do is hope for a spurs like collapse from them, or hope that someone like chelsea wins out.

4th is the least of our worries we've gone from being 2 behind them to potentially being 11 by next weekend. If we take points off Chelsea we're practically handing the title to Liverpool. People keep going on about an implosion but they were top after a quarter of the season, top at half way and are 4 points off at 3/4. Their brand of counter attacking, penalty inducing, set piece reliant long ball football works against those sides in the league like us who reckon we're Barcelona and have our centrebacks on their halfway line. All we can do is hope for a spurs like collapse from them, or hope that someone like chelsea wins out.

or it might not be. Chill out brother Bobby has got this covered

There is still time for them to implode yet .

Their team is their front two. Their front two combined are world class. The kind of quality that you can always rely on. They score literally every single game. Often in twos and threes. They surely won't implode.

They could both get injured and Liverpool could become a lower midtable side for the rest of the year, but I wouldn't call that an implosion. More like hard luck.

Their team is their front two. Their front two combined are world class. The kind of quality that you can always rely on. They score literally every single game. Often in twos and threes. They surely won't implode.

They could both get injured and Liverpool could become a lower midtable side for the rest of the year, but I wouldn't call that an implosion. More like hard luck.

Your right about their front 2 they can create goals or make players panic like Reither last night or that goal against Stoke when a hoof down the middle caused mayhem in their defence and Suarez scored. How far LFC go this season will probable be down to how they do at Manu and Southampton and at home to City, Chelsea and Spurs.

Your right about their front 2 they can create goals or make players panic like Reither last night or that goal against Stoke when a hoof down the middle caused mayhem in their defence and Suarez scored. How far LFC go this season will probable be down to how they do at Manu and Southampton and at home to City, Chelsea and Spurs.

hopefully they will lose all of them, at least the possibility of it all coming crashing down is something to look forward too, surely they cant keep up this form..especially gerrard, id have thought age would catch up with him..i am worried tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back