• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, just found this on the Guardian site:

Before we start, some applause for the late Tom Finney. And then silence. And then more applause. No one’s quite sure what to do. Eventually the crowd settles for a chant of “There’s only one Tom Finney.”

HaHa Aldo. Best known for his sweary attack on a fourth official in a World Cup match. A real class act. No wonder he can take the moral high ground against "rat" Evertonians yanking his chain on a social media platform he's pathetically ill equipped to use.

Garston's finest making a tool of himself again.

hqdefault.jpg

reinvented as.....
johnaldridge_20070422.jpg

yer missed a bit lad

Aldo Speaks Out..."We Wuz Webbed"

I was still angry about Howard Webb’s woeful decisions from the Chelsea game in December. I was still furious that he didn’t award a penalty when Luis Suarez was brought down in the area – and seething that he failed to send Samuel Eto’o off for a career-threatening tackle on Jordan Henderson. So the events of Sunday afternoon at the Emirates Stadium left me raging. I called it before the Chelsea game and I called it ahead of the Arsenal match at the weekend: Webb gets too many big decisions wrong...
How many of these wrong decisions does Webb have to make before action is taken?
For a start, he should never referee a Liverpool game ever again. The Reds can go back in the archives and use a long list of games to help state their case. When he refs us, we do not get the big, big decisions and with Liverpool chasing at least the top four, we must hope he does not officiate our games between now and the end of the season.

Howard Webb costs us. Plain and simple.

I’ve been watching football for 50 years and have seen many refs make mistakes. You can live with that.
It is the hardest job in football and it is very easy to jump on referees’ backs. That is perhaps why the club have not taken it any further. But everyone is today questioning Howard Webb. Many had forgotten about the two Eto’o incidents but this can’t be pushed to the sides. I was actually astonished when he awarded the first penalty at Arsenal on Sunday. I was sat there wondering: ‘Maybe he’s had a change of heart and we’ve turned the corner with Webb.’ But that proved wishful thinking on my part.....

Liverpool have officially been ‘Webbed’ yet again.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/sport-opinion/aldo-howard-webb-cost-again-6720164

Aldo Speaks Out..."We Wuz Webbed"

I was still angry about Howard Webb’s woeful decisions from the Chelsea game in December. I was still furious that he didn’t award a penalty when Luis Suarez was brought down in the area – and seething that he failed to send Samuel Eto’o off for a career-threatening tackle on Jordan Henderson. So the events of Sunday afternoon at the Emirates Stadium left me raging. I called it before the Chelsea game and I called it ahead of the Arsenal match at the weekend: Webb gets too many big decisions wrong...
How many of these wrong decisions does Webb have to make before action is taken?
For a start, he should never referee a Liverpool game ever again. The Reds can go back in the archives and use a long list of games to help state their case. When he refs us, we do not get the big, big decisions and with Liverpool chasing at least the top four, we must hope he does not officiate our games between now and the end of the season.

Howard Webb costs us. Plain and simple.

I’ve been watching football for 50 years and have seen many refs make mistakes. You can live with that.
It is the hardest job in football and it is very easy to jump on referees’ backs. That is perhaps why the club have not taken it any further. But everyone is today questioning Howard Webb. Many had forgotten about the two Eto’o incidents but this can’t be pushed to the sides. I was actually astonished when he awarded the first penalty at Arsenal on Sunday. I was sat there wondering: ‘Maybe he’s had a change of heart and we’ve turned the corner with Webb.’ But that proved wishful thinking on my part.....

Liverpool have officially been ‘Webbed’ yet again.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/sport-opinion/aldo-

howard-webb-cost-again-6720164

If anyone got webbed it was arsenal, sterling and Gerrard should have been sent off and they could have had a couple of penalties

If anyone got webbed it was arsenal, sterling and Gerrard should have been sent off and they could have had a couple of penalties

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-howard-webb-not-6718882

Elsewhere, the Echo provides clear statistical proof Howard Webb is 'detrimental to Liverpool FC'.

...not that they're accusing him of being a cheat like. That's "not what they're saying". But you only have to read their fachts to realise he is definitely a 'cheat'.

Hilarious. You can always rely on the Echo to lead the pitchfork attack of the Merseyside zombies.

I see so when they get ridiculously soft pens against Stoke, us, Villa, thats absolutely fine. When they have one decision that goes against them then its a conspiracy and Webb should never ref them again. Webb just sides with whichever is the biggest team. So he's screwed them in some big games but theres countless league games he's probably gifted them.

Take away some of their recent soft pens and their points tally would be a lot lower. Ours would be a lot higher had we been given more than one this season compared to their almost double figure number. Dont think any of them would swap those ill gained points though for a place in the quarters.

It is ironic that the one team in the league who would be disadvantaged the most by truly umbiased refereeing is the one side that wail and scream for it after every big game they dont win. The deluded mob like Aldo only see 'fair' refereeing as refs who give every drcision to Liverpool every game on a consisyent basis. Its wat dey deserve, cos of der history.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-howard-webb-not-6718882

Elsewhere, the Echo provides clear statistical proof Howard Webb is 'detrimental to Liverpool FC'.

...not that they're accusing him of being a cheat like. That's "not what they're saying". But you only have to read their fachts to realise he is definitely a 'cheat'.

Hilarious. You can always rely on the Echo to lead the pitchfork attack of the Merseyside zombies.

Read that online yesterday, it really is a pis$ poor article. Agree with what you said, the whole theme of it is:
"look at the decisions he's given against liverpool, there's something not right is there?? But he's a stand up ref. DEFINITELY NOT A CHEAT *wink wink*"

Oh and the Echo is such a bad paper, about 3 pages of news and sport either side of about 80 pages of classifieds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back