• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
A disgrace of an 'article' written by a coward who cant even stand behind their own attack, prefering instead to make it an 'ironic' 'factual commentary'.

Typical of that rag. None of them want the bullets in the post that an honest assessment would provoke, so they become cheerleaders for the cult.

It is definitely pointing towards the south yorkshire police connection. They know everyone's heard it so are pushing that there IS an agenda against liverpool by that particular referee, they just aren't allowed to specifically say it.

Cant believe the local paper allowed that article on their website

This is what I don't get apologies as i'm not from Liverpool but have been lead to believe that there are more Blues than Reds yet whenever I read on here and other Blues forums they are always mentioning how biased the Echo is towards Liverpool. This doesn't make sense as a paper that is by and large sold in one area whereby not many people that aren't from that area will purchase it I would expect them to pander to the masses. Is it really that biased or is it the same attitude as with most other teams just a case of nobody likes us boo hoo?

The Echo has always been more closely aligned with Liverpool. As a local newspaper they aligned themselves with the more successful and well known team.
There are probably more Liverpool fans in Echo sales area than Everton.

It's all an attempt to exert future influence and send a message to other refs as to where the benefit of their doubt should lie.

There's a moments hesitation embedded in decisions for certain clubs whereas the consequences just aren't the same for everyone else. You can see that LFC don't encounter problems unless they are playing other clubs who can exert the same pressures (Arsenal, Chelsea, Utd, City). This is apparent where Aldridge gives examples of decisions against them.

It is definitely pointing towards the south yorkshire police connection. They know everyone's heard it so are pushing that there IS an agenda against liverpool by that particular referee, they just aren't allowed to specifically say it.

Cant believe the local paper allowed that article on their website

You're right. And it's a disgusting use of Hillsborough that they're prepared to exploit in order to squeeze out a few more points.

Imagine being that desperate to win. They've richly desrved that cult tag.

It's all an attempt to exert future influence and send a message to other refs as to where the benefit of their doubt should lie.

There's a moments hesitation embedded in decisions for certain clubs whereas the consequences just aren't the same for everyone else. You can see that LFC don't encounter problems unless they are playing other clubs who can exert the same pressures (Arsenal, Chelsea, Utd, City). This is apparent where Aldridge gives examples of decisions against them.

Spot on this. It's all about putting the frighteners on officials with future games in mind. There's nothing warm blooded about this response now. It's a calculated use of an incident to gain an advantage somewhere down the line.

Is anyone going to call these out on their tactics or are they petrified to touch that lot because of the psychotic behaviour they'd face? I think I know the answer like. When Mourinho went live and called them out for all the media pundits they have crawling out of the woodwork putting their case, the same media went for Mourinho as a response rather than look at themeslves.

The only 'stats' I have seen, about the split of each town / city, was recntly. It said over 65% of Liverpool is red, %10 other.....and the rest Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or similar!!

Spot on this. It's all about putting the frighteners on officials with future games in mind. There's nothing warm blooded about this response now. It's a calculated use of an incident to gain an advantage somewhere down the line.

Is anyone going to call these out on their tactics or are they petrified to touch that lot because of the psychotic behaviour they'd face? I think I know the answer like. When Mourinho went live and called them out for all the media pundits they have crawling out of the woodwork putting their case, the same media went for Mourinho as a response rather than look at themeslves.

They'll get a full week of propaganda out of this and you can expect a not too subtle reminder directly before their next game.

They've had more penalties than anyone else this season (and indeed the most penalties in the history of the Premier League) yet still manage to paint themselves as hard done by. You can bet the official for the game Vs Swansea will be expected to redress the perceived imbalance this weekend. Imagine his thought process as soon as anything remotely suspect happens.

I would say 40% of the city doesn't give a stuff about football anyway - which leaves 60% to be 'divvied up'.

Probably about even between us - but bear in mind the KKKult mentality which means they can't leave the house without wearing the colours, giving them greater 'visibility'.

Seriously, if football made me that miserable and angry, I would have packed it in long ago. We moan about decisions for an hour or so after the game, but then we get on with our lives.

For that lot it IS their life. They go on and on and on.

They are not well. Not well at all.

I would say 40% of the city doesn't give a stuff about football anyway - which leaves 60% to be 'divvied up'.

Probably about even between us - but bear in mind the KKKult mentality which means they can't leave the house without wearing the colours, giving them greater 'visibility'.

Seriously, if football made me that miserable and angry, I would have packed it in long ago. We moan about decisions for an hour or so after the game, but then we get on with our lives.

For that lot it IS their life. They go on and on and on.

They are not well. Not well at all.

Can't think of anyone on here who behaves like that at all...

The only 'stats' I have seen, about the split of each town / city, was recntly. It said over 65% of Liverpool is red, %10 other.....and the rest Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or similar!!

I can't be having that, nearly all of my family and friends (and their families) are blue! (and yes I'm aware that there'd be some bias on my behalf)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back