• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wow, this is the kind of scrutiny you get when you don't give decisions to Liverpool. It says that they've taken their que for this 'study' from major league baseball, which is a hint at who might have prompted this article. No wonder they have the most Pens this season and indeed the most penalties in the history of the Premier League. Referee's know that what Mourinho says about LFC media bias is bang on and consequently that it doesn’t pay to mess with them.

Have never seen this happen to any official after any of our games.

Que soft early pen in front of the Kop next weekend.

If Webb bottles the decisions, it should even out for everyone over time. Totally different to him being an evil South Yorkshire Policeman hellbent on vengeance.

Read that online yesterday, it really is a pis$ poor article. Agree with what you said, the whole theme of it is:
"look at the decisions he's given against liverpool, there's something not right is there?? But he's a stand up ref. DEFINITELY NOT A CHEAT *wink wink*"

Oh and the Echo is such a bad paper, about 3 pages of news and sport either side of about 80 pages of classifieds

Et tu Mark Antony!

Didn't Brenda whinge about not getting a penalty around X-mas time and then they've had one in every match since?

Their crying makes me laugh but at the same time the thought that they actually believe they're hard done by makes me doubt there of this world yet again.

It just boggles my mind how they (and other teams for that matter) can get away with blatant referee manipulation. At the same time, the way that legitimate refereeing mistakes are just glossed over doesn't make sense to me either. Over here in the states in the NBA, NFL, MLB (everywhere but the MLS ironically), etc. is ANYTHING that sounds like questioning the integrity of the refs is said by a player or coach they get slapped with a pretty hefty fine. At the same time, referees are under a pretty stringent review/assessment program. If they start screwing up, they get demoted down from heading a team or even to the minor leagues. It just seems so damned avoidable and fixable, and yet no one in the FA, UEFA, or FIFA seems to give a crap.

The comments on the Telegraph blog are
It just boggles my mind how they (and other teams for that matter) can get away with blatant referee manipulation. At the same time, the way that legitimate refereeing mistakes are just glossed over doesn't make sense to me either. Over here in the states in the NBA, NFL, MLB (everywhere but the MLS ironically), etc. is ANYTHING that sounds like questioning the integrity of the refs is said by a player or coach they get slapped with a pretty hefty fine. At the same time, referees are under a pretty stringent review/assessment program. If they start screwing up, they get demoted down from heading a team or even to the minor leagues. It just seems so damned avoidable and fixable, and yet no one in the FA, UEFA, or FIFA seems to give a crap.

hilarious, my fave being "unjustified hatred of Suarez".

Deluded morons at best - lying vermin at worst.

just testing how to multi quote tbh

Some shockers there, especially that Brisbane vs Perth one. I think even kopites would question their team getting a decision like that.

Classic quote from a Red talking to Man U fan in the comments thread from that link

"Yes it's true that Lpool have had more in total - but that SO isn't the point.

It isn't the total number of penalites that makes the difference, Rupe - it's having crucial, game-deciding penalties awarded (or not awarded) in key, pivotal games.

You only have to cheat your way to a relatively small number of penalties - as long as they are the important ones."

:eek::Blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back