• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny whilst all this has been kicking off in this thread, the usual suspect Kopite posters have stopped or limited their posting on these forums.

Funny that.

The other thing i have noticed about RAWk (and i hope they are reading) is the fact they are finally having a good season and so their talk about us away from commenting on this site is of boasting. If they were underneath us and we were 4th, there would be a lot less of their tone of response to each other.

It is almost like they are finally doing better than us after 3 years and its back to the small time everton comments all the time. Now i don't mean the not winning a trophy or we are more succesful or anyhting like that. Simply they seem to have the mind set on that site that in the space of a couple of months they are title contenders and are suddenly the ebst team in the league.

I even read one poster who talked about themselves along side city and chelsea as the only genuine title contenders next season and beyond!

Rivalry - all about putting one over your nearest (and sometimes not so dearest). It does seem they will finish above us and boy don't they let us know - but, since they've thrown plenty at it who should be surprised. Let's aggregrate the last few seasons (since we've finished above them 2 in a row) and see just how much better they are supposed to be!

09-10 to 12-13 - dead level on points (-4, -2, +4, +2) - doesn't seem to me that gives them much right to crow.

Rivalry - all about putting one over your nearest (and sometimes not so dearest). It does seem they will finish above us and boy don't they let us know - but, since they've thrown plenty at it who should be surprised. Let's aggregrate the last few seasons (since we've finished above them 2 in a row) and see just how much better they are supposed to be!

09-10 to 12-13 - dead level on points (-4, -2, +4, +2) - doesn't seem to me that gives them much right to crow.
My point was that it is amongst themselves rather than a big football forum if that makes sense? you can slag each other off in our own company all we want, banter between us together, but to be like 'we are title contenders now so therefore Everton don't matter' when on their own site?

We mattered for the past 4 seasons depsite what they say. After all their rivals are city now United aren't in the title race. Why? Because they need to tell somebody about the past.

Have an Irish mate who just got the Liver Bird tattoo'ed on his wrist, fair enough. But its just the Liver Bird on its own, no Liverpool crest with it and its actually navy!!

Has he basically just put a blue-ish tattoo resembling the city of Liverpool and no more? Or do people just let the bird just be a kopite thing?

They do not hold copyright over the Liver bird - that's for the whole city, blues and reds. There is early Everton memorabilia in the David France collection with blue Liver birds on.

I think they tried to copyright it about 10 years ago but were (quite rightly) told to do one.

They do not hold copyright over the Liver bird - that's for the whole city, blues and reds. There is early Everton memorabilia in the David France collection with blue Liver birds on.

I think they tried to copyright it about 10 years ago but were (quite rightly) told to do one.

If the club had any sense - and anyone else not invested with a sense of one team or another - we'd have a Blue Liver Bird (no insignia etc) and a Red Liver Bird.. people outside the city might have their curiosity aroused by these 2 different-but-the-same Birds and we could only gain from the exposure. We could go on to embellish the Blue Liver Bird with our own insignia for our own purposes.. or maybe, at the very least, we could debate it or vote on it. I might be left field on this so maybe a debate is in order.

If the club had any sense - and anyone else not invested with a sense of one team or another - we'd have a Blue Liver Bird (no insignia etc) and a Red Liver Bird.. people outside the city might have their curiosity aroused by these 2 different-but-the-same Birds and we could only gain from the exposure. We could go on to embellish the Blue Liver Bird with our own insignia for our own purposes.. or maybe, at the very least, we could debate it or vote on it. I might be left field on this so maybe a debate is in order.
Personally i think it is too far down the road to even bother with the liver bird.

We do anyhting like that and after no trophy for........ we would get, copying our badge out of jealousy.

Unfortunatley Dan until we win a trophy they will always have that against us. Thats why i was so gutted about the Arsenal game. The trophy was there for the taking. Wouldnt be arsed in the slightest about them finishing above us if we won a trophy and they didnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back