• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
They seem to have a massive memory loss and a massive sense of entitlement after a single season.

Does anyone want to remind them that in the past 12 months they have

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2013/0...s-he-will-hand-in-transfer-request-this-week/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22278258

They love to call us deluded, but I take great pride in accepting some delusions in return for not supporting a convicted racist and spending my wages on supporting his £250k a week snide.

I give them credit, they are absolutely firing recently but to suggest it won't fall apart is ignoring the fact they are absolutely challenging too.

I hold dear the fact Liverpool always surmise to self destruct at any given time.

20 years and counting.

*wave

no other club in the world be desperate enough to still have him there, constantly defending him. we've said it all before, his racist, ankle raking, biting, cheating nature is a match for them. i pride myself in supporting a club who doesn't employ his kind, i'm sorry, if i was a liverpool fan with all their history of trouble and former players i wouldn't wake up every morning with the same pride.

they'll never change. but he'll probably be gone sooner rather than later and good riddance.

4 games for Stevie Me to avoid that 10th yellow
Sunderland, Spurs home
West Ham away
City home

2 match ban - hopefully - awaits.

Last 10 games - 7 yellows 6 goals and 5 private conversations with the ref..

Mr Dyke, 66, who took over as FA chairman in 2013 after four years as Director-General at the BBC, says the sombre anniversary will be marked with a minute’s silence before kick-off at both FA Cup semi-finals between Arsenal and Wigan on April 12 and Hull City and Sheffield United on April 13.

Players on both sides will wear black armbands with the number 96 on them.

And in a poignant reminder of the 96 Liverpool supporters who died on April 15 1989, at the Sheffield Wednesday ground, 96 prominent seats at Wembley stadium will be left empty as a mark of respect.

As a further gesture the FA is also planning to present the city of Liverpool with the FA Cup trophy to be put on permanent display at a museum. Mr Dyke has also invited members of the victims’ families to join him in the royal box at the finals.

Is it just me who thinks this stuff goes to far?

Mr Dyke, 66, who took over as FA chairman in 2013 after four years as Director-General at the BBC, says the sombre anniversary will be marked with a minute’s silence before kick-off at both FA Cup semi-finals between Arsenal and Wigan on April 12 and Hull City and Sheffield United on April 13.

Players on both sides will wear black armbands with the number 96 on them.

And in a poignant reminder of the 96 Liverpool supporters who died on April 15 1989, at the Sheffield Wednesday ground, 96 prominent seats at Wembley stadium will be left empty as a mark of respect.

As a further gesture the FA is also planning to present the city of Liverpool with the FA Cup trophy to be put on permanent display at a museum. Mr Dyke has also invited members of the victims’ families to join him in the royal box at the finals.

Is it just me who thinks this stuff goes to far?

Until justice is served, it will never 'go too far'.

Some Liverpool fans wear Hillsborough like a badge of honour and it makes me sick. You are unable to criticise any single aspect of their attitude towards it without a barrage of abuse. It was a horrible tragedy and they do deserve justice (which they seem to be getting hopefully) but some of them have an unhealthy obsession with the tragedy. Strangely, these tend to be out of towers who have no affiliation with the city. Just look at RAWK for instance. It's weird and unsettling.

That fa 'gesture' isn't about justice. It's about pandering to their absolute whoppers of fans. You can just imagine the non scousers all writing 'just goin out with ma m8s init ynwa jft96' all over Facebook.

The families will get hopefully justice without this media circus and everyone dragged into. A minutes silence is more than enough 25 years later. Like del said when they do the same for heysel and the Bradford fire then I'll take it more seriously.

....apologies if mentioned/discussed, but hearing about very unsavoury behaviour at Cardiff yesterday. I know their fans kicked off here last week and apparently they were up to it again yesterday. Thought those days had gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back