• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
abe-simpson-gif.gif

....apologies if mentioned/discussed, but hearing about very unsavoury behaviour at Cardiff yesterday. I know their fans kicked off here last week and apparently they were up to it again yesterday. Thought those days had gone.
They love it.

Mr Dyke, 66, who took over as FA chairman in 2013 after four years as Director-General at the BBC, says the sombre anniversary will be marked with a minute’s silence before kick-off at both FA Cup semi-finals between Arsenal and Wigan on April 12 and Hull City and Sheffield United on April 13.

Players on both sides will wear black armbands with the number 96 on them.

And in a poignant reminder of the 96 Liverpool supporters who died on April 15 1989, at the Sheffield Wednesday ground, 96 prominent seats at Wembley stadium will be left empty as a mark of respect.

As a further gesture the FA is also planning to present the city of Liverpool with the FA Cup trophy to be put on permanent display at a museum. Mr Dyke has also invited members of the victims’ families to join him in the royal box at the finals.

Is it just me who thinks this stuff goes to far?

see below, nuff said

Be nice to see what the F.A have planned to remember the fans that died in the Bradford City fire

Del theres a major difference between a horrible tragedy and a blatant cover up that ran from the leaders of this country to the press.

the name of this city was dragged though the mud for years after, I'm an avid support of the jft96 campaign and always will be until true justice is served, and that does not include a forced apology of the prime minister and other MPs. People need to be prosecuted, actions of certain people lead to peoples deaths. It's basically man slaughter.

As mentioned by others, I have no time for wannabe liverpool fans who use this as a badge of honour to ponce round there southern town pretending to be somehow attached to it, abd I know some if my rs mates have had certain run ins with people at away matches over the same issue

Del theres a major difference between a horrible tragedy and a blatant cover up that ran from the leaders of this country to the press.

the name of this city was dragged though the mud for years after, I'm an avid support of the jft96 campaign and always will be until true justice is served, and that does not include a forced apology of the prime minister and other MPs. People need to be prosecuted, actions of certain people lead to peoples deaths. It's basically man slaughter.

With all respect, what needs to be separated is the incident itself and the cover-up afterwards. The disaster was caused by one man making one decision to try and solve a problem outside the ground, though because he wasnt familiar with the ground, didnt identify what might the end result of that decision might be, didnt recognize how decrepit and fundamentally unsafe the ground as it then was, it is very questionable whether he should be held criminally responsible for the deaths that resulted from that decision.

Of course, the cover-up that followed immediately on from the disaster probably did take the form of some kind of criminal offence, and those responsible for that should face justice.

Presenting opinions as fact may be the way forward for some, but you can go there without me.

Anyway, the justice is NOT for Liverpool FC and their fans. It is NOT about THEM at all. It is for the victims and their families and friends. I don't think justice will ever be served, but we, the people of Liverpool, should never let it lie.

As mentioned by others, I have no time for wannabe liverpool fans who use this as a badge of honour to ponce round there southern town pretending to be somehow attached to it, abd I know some if my rs mates have had certain run ins with people at away matches over the same issue

Agreed, I hope the family's who have suffered for 25 years finally get the answers and justice they need and the people responsible are brought to justice

However what does the above have to do with having forced mins silences/arm band wearing etc at games not involving LFC

Remember the semi final involving Chelsea the day after the Derby? That went down well didn't it?

Hillsborough isn't the only tragedy to have befallen football. It's a shame for those clubs whose quiet dignity marks their actions that the FA choose not to treat them with the same level of respect.

Hillsborough isn't the only tragedy to have befallen football. It's a shame for those clubs whose quiet dignity marks their actions that the FA choose not to treat them with the same level of respect.

No Ste if Arsenal/Wigan don't wear black armbands the familys will never get justice

It almost feels like because no-one, ie the FA and the media, did anything to support the people who were affected for so long, they're making up for it now with empty gestures.

Let's also separate the cringeworthy idiots who frequent their forums and the families who deserve every respect and our support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back