• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably contriversial, who knows, but what orks me about the JFT96 / YNWA stuff is that it has become a tagline for liverpool fans since it happened.

I am all for remembering and all that stuff but its a catchphrase for everyhting. Its always YNWA on the end of comments, JFT96 just randomly thrown about like its emant to mean something to them but really i think its gotten to the point where they are being a little disrespectful to the memory of the the fans because they use the reference so liberally these days.

The campaign should be fought in courts and we all should support that fight until the families win.

But surely i am not the only person who thinks the terms JFT96 and YNWA thrown about is a little disrespectful these days?

Probably contriversial, who knows, but what orks me about the JFT96 / YNWA stuff is that it has become a tagline for liverpool fans since it happened.

I am all for remembering and all that stuff but its a catchphrase for everyhting. Its always YNWA on the end of comments, JFT96 just randomly thrown about like its emant to mean something to them but really i think its gotten to the point where they are being a little disrespectful to the memory of the the fans because they use the reference so liberally these days.

The campaign should be fought in courts and we all should support that fight until the families win.

But surely i am not the only person who thinks the terms JFT96 and YNWA thrown about is a little disrespectful these days?

possibly, it's hard to know everybody's mentality when doing it though. i guarantee that there are a load of kopites who put it on the end who have little to no knowledge of the whole stuff and well basically put it on the end to make them feel part of the cult.

but i don't want to be controversial or disrespectful myself, so i won't go into tbh, of course i also don't know.

the thing that intruiges me is how black players like glenn johnson actually play for that club after the whole suarez affair. i mean the support t-shirt thing for an open racist was utterly appalling from the club, i mean put me in that situation and you would have to have little respect for your own race to accept that as fine.

just my opinion anyway. we've never had any answers from their black players, they wore the t-shirts, so maybe money is the only important thing to them. wouldn't be surprised to see someone come out in 15-20 years when they've retired and said they felt utterly awkward about it and disagreed, but just went along with it.

tumblr_inline_mqv3j6fr6U1qz4rgp.gif

To be fair mate, as someone living in the city, I know plenty of local reds who are a little uneasy with how it's portrayed, and become a hook for the part timers to hang their mock outrage at, football can be used in the right way to support those in grief, the playing of 'z cars' at anfield after rhys jones death, but like the local reds I've spoken to, I have my doubts over the sincerity of the media, politicians and certain members of the FA and prem league in their 'support' of the hillsborough campaign

Truth of the matter is a lot of the FA,politicians and media are trying to make up for the ignorance thy have shown in the matter even now theres people who spout the drunken hooligans line
Hopefully justice is not far off and the families can find some solace after25 years of grieving and fighting to clear the names of the innocent

To be fair mate, as someone living in the city, I know plenty of local reds who are a little uneasy with how it's portrayed, and become a hook for the part timers to hang their mock outrage at, football can be used in the right way to support those in grief, the playing of 'z cars' at anfield after rhys jones death, but like the local reds I've spoken to, I have my doubts over the sincerity of the media, politicians and certain members of the FA and prem league in their 'support' of the hillsborough campaign

That is why as a city we should keep going with the campaign and certainly not stop until the end.

All i am saying is that the terms have become tag lines for some liverpool fans who, despite their feelings for the whole thing, are simply using the terms as if they are simply part of being a liverpool fan. The terms are thrown about everywhere and stuck on the end of everything like they carry some sort of meaning for the club, which to be fair it does. But not to people who just associate the terms as throw away terms that make them a liverpool fan.

Actually trying to type my meaning is a little difficult, hopefully you get my drift. Not a case of people putting the term, its the use of the terms everywhere and on everything which is what i find a little disrespectful these days.

Norman Catlin – played for Southampton (1935–1937). He lost his life in the controversial sinking of HMS Gloucester off the coast of Crete in May 1941.[1]
Jo Coen - played for Luton Town (1934–1939). Died on 15 October 1941, in a training accident while serving with the Royal Air Force.[2]
Tom Cooper - played for Port Vale (1924–1926), Derby County (1926–1934) and Liverpool (1934–1940), as well as 15 appearances for England. Died serving the Royal Military Police in England on 25 June 1940 after his motorcycle struck a lorry.[3]
Haydn Dackins - played for Swansea Town (1934–1935) and Port Vale (1935–1936). He was killed in action on 2 August 1943, serving in the Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers.[4]
Bobby Daniel – played for Arsenal. Served in the RAF, disappeared in action on a bombing raid over Berlin on 23 December 1943.[2]
Alan Fowler – played for Swindon Town. Killed in action with the Dorsetshire Regiment shortly after D-day on 10 July 1944.[2]
Harry Goslin – played for Bolton Wanderers (1930–1939). Served with the Bolton Artillery, mortally wounded in action in Italy and died 18 December 1943.[2]
Sid Gueran – played for Southampton (1936–1938). He was killed in action 18 September 1944 in the Battle of Arnhem.[5]
Sam Jennings - played for several clubs, including Reading (1921–1924), Brighton & Hove Albion (1925–1928) and Port Vale (1929–1931), and was manager at Rochdale (1937–1938). Died in battle on 26 August 1944, at the age of 45.[6]
Leslie Lack – played for Arsenal. Served in the RAF, killed by friendly fire while returning from a mission in his Spitfire.[2]
Herbie Roberts – played for Arsenal (1926–1937). He died of erysipelas on 17 June 1944, while on active duty with the Royal Fusiliers.[2]
Charlie Sillett – played for Southampton (1931–1938). He was killed in a U-boat attack on an allied convoy while serving with the Royal Navy in 1945.[7]

When does it end........who decides who should be remembered......WW1 footballers.........Bradford supporters.......Rangers.......if we must have gestures to remember deaths within football at least make it fully inclusive.......

For me: none of them should be 'honoured'. It should all remain private. Their friends and families remember them and that should be enough. I detest how football has been used for these occasions by the plunderers controlling the 'industry' as a means to coat it in a veneer of respectability (an industry full of cheats, of players and agents chasing cash, of supporters having the piss ripped out of them, and of gangsters from near and far laundering their ill gotten gains).

Minutes of respect which include stupid friggin' club mascots with their big heads bowed...the whole things a sick joke.

For me: none of them should be 'honoured'. It should all remain private. Their friends and families remember them and that should be enough. I detest how football has been used for these occasions by the plunderers controlling the 'industry' as a means to coat it in a veneer of respectability (an industry full of cheats, of players and agents chasing cash, of supporters having the piss ripped out of them, and of gangsters from near and far laundering their ill gotten gains).

Minutes of respect which include stupid friggin' club mascots with their big heads bowed...the whole things a sick joke.

Its all part of the Americanization of British sport tbh mate, cheerleaders, singing sections etc etc etc

Its all part of the Americanization of British sport tbh mate, cheerleaders, singing sections etc etc etc

Minutes silences for The Queen Mum, Nelson Mandela and the Pope.

A football game is the appropriate vehicle for that apparently.

World's gone mad.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/glen-johnson-says-liverpool-peoples-3276307

Deluded nitwit - or liar.

Everyone outside of their sick fan base hates them.

And with good reason.

Racist cheats.

The whole country wants 'the People's Champions'.

No soft lad, the whole country haven't begun forgetting the fact that your club was mired in racist controversy from top to bottom 12 months back...something you stood by and refrained from commenting upon.

Last edited:
Minutes silences for The Queen Mum, Nelson Mandela and the Pope.

A football game is the appropriate vehicle for that apparently.

World's gone mad.

Same with all the armbands etc mate, i remember when it was a massive deal to have a minutes silence, or to wear a black armband etc, nowadays it seems like its happening every game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back