• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go ahead lad, the thread's been off topic for a while.

This thread's about Liverpool FC's paranoia that the media are out to get them, when in fact they've orchestrated a monopoly in journalism and punditry ever since the Souness-era put paid to title challenges. This paranoia is faked to such an advanced extent that you've forgotten it's not real.

This is what this thread's about, and it's been admirably on-topic all the way through.

Next thought would be Liverpool flags / tops at the memorial just to show that Liverpool FC care about them.

Anyone seen Iron man 3? Product placement at its worst.

Oh that would have been nailed on only for the fact that none of the poor souls lost are British...and, therefore, the PL and FA wont be that arsed about leading the mourning for.

bet your life on that??

nobody ever lost money underestimating public good taste - Barnum.

This thread's about Liverpool FC's paranoia that the media are out to get them, when in fact they've orchestrated a monopoly in journalism and punditry ever since the Souness-era put paid to title challenges. This paranoia is faked to such an advanced extent that you've forgotten it's not real.

This is what this thread's about, and it's been admirably on-topic all the way through.
What planet have you been living on for the past 20 years?

What ya mean
I mean that if Liverpool have a monopoly in journalism/punditry, how do you explain Liverpool's press coverage? The most obvious example is the Suarez/Evra case. Was that some sort of brilliant Liverpool media plan? What an absurd thing to say.

I mean that if Liverpool have a monopoly in journalism/punditry, how do you explain Liverpool's press coverage? The most obvious example is the Suarez/Evra case. Was that some sort of brilliant Liverpool media plan? What an absurd thing to say.

You should have had the book thrown at you for those '' justice for luis'' t shirts though. But I'd say the Suarez affair was an exception to the general trend.

You've got loads of positive press, for example no one mentions your the 3rd biggest spenders in the league and have spent more over the last decade than the reigning champions

Last edited:
A minutes silence for everyone just devalues those who merit that respect over and above the entire gamut of potential recipients. They might as well have a hot line where you can ring up and put in a request. #LFCremembers

So your example is that Liverpool get bad treatment in the press when a player racially abuses another player with the club disgustingly publicly defending him, now that is an absurd thing to say. I would hope Evertonians in the media would have had a go at the club if we did something similar, I know I would have.

In general there is a massive pro-Liverpool media bias, every time there is a live Sky game Liverpool is mentioned. Carragher (who I don't actually mind that much as a pundit) might as well start every answer with 'at Liverpool'. Then you have Thompson saying 'Us' and 'We' all the time. Then you have Souness in the Man Utd game who was talking as if he was analysing the game on Liverpool TV.

All ex Liverpool pundits in the media are scared to say anything bad (apart from when it is indefensible) against Liverpool because they know how sensitive the general fan base is.

But suarez was guilty though mate so I can't see what your problem is ?

Hansen, Lawrenson, Redknapp, Carragher, Murphy, Collymore, Souness, Gerrard when he's injured, Beglin, Thompson, Fowler, McManaman, Owen, James, Barnes....

But there's no Liverpool bias in the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back