• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
you dragged your own name through the mud with that pr disaster of a campaign
I completely agree with this, which is what I was trying to get at. Liverpool's handling of the case was shambolic. The club didn't know its head from its arse. To say that they are somehow pulling some puppet strings in the media is laughable. They couldn't even do the most basic PR right. My daughter's school has a better PR team.

Sorry for going down the racism tangent. It was just for illustration. Most Liverpool fans with half a brain complain that our PR has been [Poor language removed]. This has somewhat improved recently.

I completely agree with this, which is what I was trying to get at. Liverpool's handling of the case was shambolic. The club didn't know its head from its arse. To say that they are somehow pulling some puppet strings in the media is laughable. They couldn't even do the most basic PR right. My daughter's school has a better PR team.

Sorry for going down the racism tangent. It was just for illustration. Most Liverpool fans with half a brain complain that our PR has been [Poor language removed]. This has somewhat improved recently.

The media will get it wrong again when they have to support Suarez again when he blows up.

That's a completely different issue.

What's being discussed is Liverpool's representation in the media as a result of fans high up in the food chain in those circles, you're talking about how crap the Club's actual PR is.

I was trying to have an intelligent exchange. I don't know if I can respond to the sheer wit of of a bunch of gifs, but here goes.

It was stated that the purpose of this thread was to address the monopoly that Liverpool enjoy in the media. So I ask, why is it that the most hysterical, vitriolic reporting of recent memory occurred during the Suarez/Evra affair? It was in literally every paper in the country for months. Let me make it clear that I am not defending Suarez. Let's assume that he is racist. He probably did say those things. But, it came down to one man's word vs another's. Compare this to the Terry/Anton Ferdinand case which occurred at about the same time, which caught Terry speaking on camera and after the first few showings, his mouth would be blurred out when the clip was shown, and eventually it wouldn't be shown at all. Or compare it to the recent Anelka case. In another thread, there were debates about whether or not it is an offensive gesture (seriously!). There are many examples. Bosnich doing a Hitler type salute at White Hart Lane etc. None of these incidents attracted the same media scrutiny as the Suarez affair.

I am not saying it's a conspiracy. I'm not an idiot. There are actual conspiracies, and overusing the term cheapens it. But, you state that the purpose of this thread is to discuss Liverpool's monopolisation of the media. I say that is complete bullshit and the Suarez/Evra case is an example that renders such a position untenable.

shock.gif

Nobody is suggesting otherwise and in promise you are the only red I know who's ever admitted that much above.

What about your fans backing Suarez and slating Evra?

What about your players and manager wearing those shirts?

What about your fans backing Suarez and slating Evra?

What about your players and manager wearing those shirts?
Re: the fans, I don't really want to go down that path. It's been covered many times and usually ends up in name calling which I'm really not interested in. All I'll say is that some fans' actions cannot be defended.

The t-shirt thing, in my opinion, was an attempt at solidarity gone horribly wrong. To me, that's an example of not having someone PR savvy. To clarify, even if you think Evra pulled the accusation out of his arse, you don't do that. You apologise, take it on the chin and get it out of the papers as soon as possible. Basically the complete opposite of what happened.

Re: the fans, I don't really want to go down that path. It's been covered many times and usually ends up in name calling which I'm really not interested in. All I'll say is that some fans' actions cannot be defended.

The t-shirt thing, in my opinion, was an attempt at solidarity gone horribly wrong. To me, that's an example of not having someone PR savvy. To clarify, even if you think Evra pulled the accusation out of his arse, you don't do that. You apologise, take it on the chin and get it out of the papers as soon as possible. Basically the complete opposite of what happened.

Aye fair points.

Hahahahahahaha!

I know its only March, but that must be our "Post of the Year" award winner right there.

Hahahaha they're a different breed. He came across as one of the more normal ones as well, in fact he probably is one of the more normal ones; but he's still capable of that sort of comment.

God, I love them sometimes.

And you reward daglish for wrecking your reputation by making him a director?

The RS have probably 50% of all the pundits on TV and radio,

Hansen
Micky Quinn
Lawrenson
Murphy
Didier Hamann
McManaman
Owen
Rednapp
Souness
Thompson
James
Beglin
Barnes
Carragher
Green
Aldridge
Houghton
Keagan
Fowler
Gerrard
Murray
Mellor

It is highly amusing when they ask the likes of Murphy, Carragher, McManaman etc., 'What will it take for Liverpool to win the league'? How would they know when they've never won the title.

If anything Suarez got off lightly from the press for racially abusing Evra. As did LFC as a club when a supporter was shown, and found guilty of doing monkey gestures in the Kop. The self same Kopites in the media were all for banning, and taking points off East European teams that racially abused England players, and making monkey noises and gestures, but no mention of banning, or taking points off, LFC.

And Suarez has got off lightly from the press for the long list of offences done against opposition players. Amazingly he has never been banned. Suarez's actions include,

raked the ankle of Mirallas

raked the achilles heel of Distin - same game

over the top tackle on Jones (Wigan)

raked the achilles heel of 'Chico Flores'

over the top on Kompany

arm in the face of Parker as he runs past

trips Dawson as he runs past - same match

kicked Parker in the stomach

pulled Rafael's hair

studded Ivanovic's ankle

forearm smash on Ivanovic - same game

eye gouge on Parker

stamp on a Zenith St. Petersberg player

bites Ivanovic

If that was any player from any other team, the RS in the media would not let it drop and demand that the FA take action. I think we could safely say that there is a conspiracy of silence in the media concerning Suarez and his antics on the pitch, including constantly diving and faking injury.

A comment with no discernible irony on RAWK tonight...

Oh shut up with your 20 times its boooring

Nobody saw any problem with it either. I loves them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back