• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beaut of a brother just put this on his facebook. Bellends all of them.
BjiObf9IcAAyOvP.jpg

Why does he look like someone's just done a particularly odious fart in front of hin?

No danger of the Echo not getting behind their team... tonight they feature the "get behind the team march" with flags and banners to "cheer the team to the Premier League title"(yeah, ok, we all know where they are in the table, a touch of hubris anyone?)

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-fans-plan-something-6874970

and here's the Liver Bird on my Desk doodle picture feature.. just can't quite remember when they did that with Prince Rupert's Tower however..

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/a-liver-bird-upon-desk-6880576

What the absolute feckin' crap is this ?? - not needed - the Mackems will lie down for them anyway Sigh

Flanagan looks like he's had his grid rebuilt with plasticine by a plastic surgeon with a drink problem and a warped sense of humour

Its started.... coming out from under their stones and from the woodwork part time rs fans who wouldn't give us a thought if we were in their position ......koff the lot of you !!

What @#$/ s me off the most is when Brodge goes on about 'bringing pride to the people of the city' and other such BS. Those people he sees with smiles on their faces day to day are thinking about brown brogues bobby and the evolution at Everton. Now get back to that massive self portrait of yours you egotistical biff.

Their Hypocrisy is there for all to see in the way their defenders & forwards behave. No other teams defensive line grabs and pulls like theirs, yet the merest of touches and often less and the forwards hit the deck. Defence go crazy if a foul given, forwards go crazy if a foul isn't given for a tackle.

That was an absolute masterclass in diving from Sturridge and Suarez. Would be amazed if they won the league after that, mediocre doesn't even cover it.

I read that the deluded beauts genuinely think they'll be in Pot 2 for the Champions League draw - based I can only assume on their co-efficient compared to other certain Group qualifiers. This is true UNTIL you account for the teams coming through from the Qualifiers.

In a nutshell they would likely be around 15th of those already in the Group Stage (we're assuming they are finishing in the top 3) - i.e bottom end of the 2nd group of 8. The teams ranked higher (and we assume these teams are qualifying, many are certain to and the rest highly likely) are:

FC Barcelona
Real Madrid
Bayern München
Chelsea
Benfica
Atlético Madrid
Schalke 04
Borussia Dortmund
Paris Saint-Germain
Shakhtar Donetsk
Juventus
Manchester City
Olympiakos Piraeus
Ajax

This does indeed place them 15th (and, theoretically in Pot 2).

What they carelessly have overlooked is the high probability of most of the following reaching the Group Stages via qualifying. They are all ranked higher than Liverpool:

Arsenal
FC Porto
Zenit St. Petersburg
FC Basel
Bayer Leverkusen
PSV Eindhoven
Napoli

At present all of the teams named are on course to reach the Champions League (Group or Qualifying) - Spurs (if they sneaked in) would also outrank them.

For the record Everton would be seeded to the Group Stage of the Europa and then drop into either Pot 2 - or 3 at worst. As far as our CL prospects go - looks like unseeded against the best of the non-champions (those being the lower finishing qualifiers from the likes of France, Portugal, Spain, Germany, Italy etc) in the final qualifying round and then, if qualifying, barring some sort of miracle, Pot 4.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back