• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats so annoying is because they are always on tv and playing at a different time or day they constantly get a whole days news about their scrappy home win against Sunderland.

The media constantly use lines like 'theyve put a massive marker down on the title' 'a huge statement of intent' 'theyve ripped up this title race'. All of this after wins against cardiff and Sunderland. The league table for them hasnt changed since Chelsea lost at Villa. If anything with every game that passes without them reducing the points gap, their chances decrease.

Another mediaism is that Liverpool who are potentially 4 points behind City and have to overcome both City and Chelsea, two top teams are almost favourites for the title. Everton meanwhile who are (hopefully) 3 behind Arsenal, a far lesser team in a bit of a crisis have only the smallest outaide chance of getting top 4. Absolutely baffling.

If Fletcher was on the pitch he buries that simple last minute header that the hapless Altidore fluffed and today the media are talking about them blowing their title chances after surrendering a 2 goal lead at home to a crap side like Sunderland.

They're closer than I thought they'd get, but they're riding their luck and will get found out shortly, as defensively they're mince.

This nis the top and bottom of it lads.

Liverpool maintain their form and are title contenders then you have to hope for one of the above;

We finish guaranteed 5th or lower, losing to city at home and Arsenal at hope they drop points in the process to make them points count against them.

OR we wish for the best possible finish this season which will inevitebly lead to us HELPING them win the title. We beat City at goodison and they beat them at anfield then that is potentially their last hurdle to overcome now.

They need our help to win the league still, but how well we do will almost definetly reflect their title chance as well

This nis the top and bottom of it lads.

Liverpool maintain their form and are title contenders then you have to hope for one of the above;

We finish guaranteed 5th or lower, losing to city at home and Arsenal at hope they drop points in the process to make them points count against them.

OR we wish for the best possible finish this season which will inevitebly lead to us HELPING them win the title. We beat City at goodison and they beat them at anfield then that is potentially their last hurdle to overcome now.

They need our help to win the league still, but how well we do will almost definetly reflect their title chance as well

Not necessarily, as if they humped at home by Chelsea and City, it'll be largely irrelevant to them what we do against City.

If Fletcher was on the pitch he buries that simple last minute header that the hapless Altidore fluffed and today the media are talking about them blowing their title chances after surrendering a 2 goal lead at home to a crap side like Sunderland.

They're closer than I thought they'd get, but they're riding their luck and will get found out shortly, as defensively they're mince.

The thing is people have been saying that they will get found out from the start of the season. However, as it stands there are only 7 games left in the season and they are sitting 1 point from the top. If they end up beating Spurs and City draw/lose against Arsenal this weekend then they are essentially in a very strong position to win the title (because both Chelsea and City will still have to come to their ground). Having said that if Spurs nick a draw that will be their title challenge effectively over.

Sod it, let's just think of us

Champions League lads

If they win the title as a consequence, at least we'll have that to fall back on (Unless United then win the CL, meaning we finish 4th and don't get CL but then have to live with that lot celebrating a title win)

The thing is people have been saying that they will get found out from the start of the season. However, as it stands there are only 7 games left in the season and they are sitting 1 point from the top. If they end up beating Spurs and City draw/lose against Arsenal this weekend then they are essentially in a very strong position to win the title (because both Chelsea and City will still have to come to their ground). Having said that if Spurs nick a draw that will be their title challenge effectively over.
They won't win the title mate, rest easy.

Not necessarily, as if they humped at home by Chelsea and City, it'll be largely irrelevant to them what we do against City.

Yes, but that is on the basis they mess their own season up! Completely irelavent to anything. If they get beat at home by them then they arent winning the league which therefore means we aren't helping them win the league which means its a completely different scenario!

I expect Spurs to get a result against them on Sunday. They can talk down the expectations all they want, but the title jitters will hit them hard in the coming weeks and the two on either side of them in the table have been there and done it in the last few seasons. There's no substitute for experience in these situations. Liverpool also know it's now or never. The Europe-free run wont be there in the next few years. That has to make them press a little too much, I believe.

If both Chelsea and City get results on Saturday the pressure is ratcheted up on Liverpool for the following day and I think they'll buckle. It's a tough one for City, because Arsenal will be looking to stop the rot. A point wouldn't be a disaster. If they won at the Emirates I think the jigs up for this year's title race. Back to back wins in the Manchester Derby and at Arsenal will make them feel invincible.

I expect Spurs to get a result against them on Sunday. They can talk down the expectations all they want, but the title jitters will hit them hard in the coming weeks and the two on either side of them in the table have been there and done it in the last few seasons. There's no substitute for experience in these situations. Liverpool also know it's now or never. The Europe-free run wont be there in the next few years. That has to make them press a little too much, I believe.

If both Chelsea and City get results on Saturday the pressure is ratcheted up on Liverpool for the following day and I think they'll buckle. It's a tough one for City, because Arsenal will be looking to stop the rot. A point wouldn't be a disaster. If they won at the Emirates I think the jigs up for this year's title race. Back to back wins in the Manchester Derby and at Arsenal will make them feel invincible.

you know rs will destroy spuds defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back