• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I have the basis of some sort of understanding about this Norway thing.. once upon a time Norway was extremely poor (and also a bloody harsh place to live in winter). So, once they got their oil money and the whole place was full of happy, healthy people with lots of money and secure jobs they looked for a way to spend it and have fun (they also love to drink even though it's about £10 for a shot of whisky). So I'm thinking, mid 1970s onwards, want to watch decent football (have you seen it over there!?) - why not support the biggest team in the whole of Europe.. and the rest is history.

Or maybe it was the leprosy that got to their heads!!

scuddamores comments about man utd worried me tbh... RS have big global support, and them winning the league - having come from 7th and with that support - is a massive advert for the prem

...i'm not being one of them and saying its gonna be a conspiracee lad! but i just worry that its going to creep into officials minds all this media hype and theyre gonna get some dodgy decisions in their favour. especially with big home games coming up.

1-0 87th min penno on sunday u heard it here first lads.

i work in town and the amount of irish and norwegian reds staggering round yesterday with their liverworld bags was off the scale, id love to see a survey done on how many locals are actually in Anfield on a matchday

i work in town and the amount of irish and norwegian reds staggering round yesterday with their liverworld bags was off the scale, id love to see a survey done on how many locals are actually in Anfield on a matchday

Glory Hunter
characteristics of glory hunters.....

1. will often choose a big club which is guaranteed of years at the top bracket of clubs (well sometimes)
2. have no connection to the club
ZA001117936.gif

3. foreign to the country and city of the club
ZA001117936.gif
ZA001117936.gif

4. will overuse club mottos (which makes it more evident)
ZA001117936.gif
YNWA - JFT96 etc
5. never been to many games (if not any)
ZA001117936.gif

6. will never go many games ever
ZA001117936.gif

7. will use the excuse of geography to not go to games
ZA001117936.gif

8. have limited merchandise before the successful years (most likely none)
ZA001117936.gif

9. does not know the history, chants or culture of the club
ZA001117936.gif

10. always in the armchair during matchdays
ZA001117936.gif

11. uses the talk of tactics and transfers to compensate for the lack of all round knowledge of the club (history and culture of the clubs, attendance of games, lack of knowledge or care factor about the direction of the club off field etc.)
ZA001117936.gif

12. will not be effected by football tragedies as much as locals
13. will often be the most biased towards to compensate for the glory hunter status
ZA001117936.gif

14. will show more hate for other clubs to compensate for their glory hunter status
ZA001117936.gif
ZA001117936.gif

15. have a club in their own country, don't have the guts to support them
ZA001117936.gif
ZA001117936.gif

16. will never talk about the years before the club started to become successful
ZA001117936.gif
pre -1965
17. at games (if attended) will be the quiet ones who never chant or make a noise
ZA001117936.gif

Last edited:
scuddamores comments about man utd worried me tbh... RS have big global support, and them winning the league - having come from 7th and with that support - is a massive advert for the prem

...i'm not being one of them and saying its gonna be a conspiracee lad! but i just worry that its going to creep into officials minds all this media hype and theyre gonna get some dodgy decisions in their favour. especially with big home games coming up.

1-0 87th min penno on sunday u heard it here first lads.
There is NO WAY...

...that we are only scoring 1 goal vs Spurs

The way Spurs defend with that high line, you'll score about 6 or 7.

I can't see you beating Chelsea or City though, as both are pretty solid defensively, whilst retaining a real threat going forward, where your defence is still suspect at best.

The way Spurs defend with that high line, you'll score about 6 or 7.

I can't see you beating Chelsea or City though, as both are pretty solid defensively, whilst retaining a real threat going forward, where your defence is still suspect at best.

If Sherwood doesnt just look at that Sland game and decide to play in the same way then he should be immediately fired, ideally out of a big cannon aimed at the sun.

Suarez was banned for the first 5 games, Sturridge has missed 8, and Gerrard has missed 4

Loost 3/8 without Sturridge, the wins included home games against Norwich, injury ravaged West Ham and Cardiff.

Lost 2/4 without Gerrard.

3 reasonably 1-0 victories a loss and a draw with Swansea without Suarez.

Make no mistake, this is the last chance you have for a very long time. If Suarez goes you will be lucky to make the Europa league spots. Especially when you consider Brent's transfer record.

Good grief just had a little gander at the general Everton discussion on rawk. Christ. If we spouted the language and hate on here d/d would have us on perma ban. They really are humourless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back