Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone keeps going on about how it will be if they're crowned champions.

People don't realize quite how bad it will be if they're NOT crowned champions of England in a few weeks time. Scroll forums, listen to your mates, work mates, media etc.... they've already tied the red and white ribbons to the trophy. If they don't go on and win it from here, these bellends are going to cause murder, absolute murder. Online forums will be bombarded with polls and conspiracy theories, death threats to any ref, goalscorer or person who got in their way of the title.

Christ i will even bet my house that these morons will cause mayhem in the streets. I personally think it will be chaos if they don't win it from here, all things considered.

It is far from "in the bag".

A draw for Manchester City at Mordor, and that's the very least I would be expecting anyway, takes it out their hands again.

I am vacillating again....I am now not sure if a place in the CL is worth the dreadful reality of seeing these twits with an "a" becoming champions again :(

If City, Chelsea and Liverpool all get over their next league games intact;

Liverpool PL 33 - 74pts
Chelsea PL 33 - 72pts
City PL 31 - 70pts

If City then held Liverpool the following game, even if Chelsea won their game that weekend they'd stay second due to GD.

Personally, I think they have to be beaten at Anfield by either Chelsea or City...or held to a draw by both. If Liverpool get four points from those two games they'll win the league.

It is all ifs and buts though. Far, far from over by a long chalk.

Still, they're feted as champions already and some of them are celebrating like they are. That'll do me. Nice little incentive for the two in pursuit.

If City, Chelsea and Liverpool all get over their next league games intact;

Liverpool PL 33 - 74pts
Chelsea PL 33 - 72pts
City PL 31 - 70pts

If City then held Liverpool the following game, even if Chelsea won their game that weekend they'd stay second due to GD.

Personally, I think they have to be beaten at Anfield by either Chelsea or City...or held to a draw by both. If Liverpool get four points from those two games they'll win the league.

It is all ifs and buts though. Far, far from over by a long chalk.

Still, they're feted as champions already and some of them are celebrating like they are. That'll do me. Nice little incentive for the two in pursuit.

I don't think it'll pan out that straightforward mate.

Chelsea getting done at Palace showed that the unexpected happens and it's usually exacerbated during the pressure filled games of a title run in, combined with sides fighting for their lives at the other end of the table.

They've got to visit WHU, Norwich and Palace, all of whom will be scrapping for their lives and will be far from pushovers.

Up until now the kopites have been playing without any real pressure, as they'd as good as exceeded their aim - which was CL football for next season. Now it's very different, they've now got win games to keep hold of 'their title'......it'll go pear, probably starting at the Boleyn on Sunday and I'd piss myself if Carroll came back to haunt them :)

BkIrMnMIIAAxPWj.jpg
"Get your teeth as white as possible son, then get yourself down to Garlands. You'll have a ball"

They're winning it.

Come to terms with it soon otherwise it will be even worse when happens. They are going to be absolutely unbareable.

I don't think it'll pan out that straightforward mate.

Chelsea getting done at Palace showed that the unexpected happens and it's usually exacerbated during the pressure filled games of a title run in, combined with sides fighting for their lives at the other end of the table.

They've got to visit WHU, Norwich and Palace, all of whom will be scrapping for their lives and will be far from pushovers.

Up until now the kopites have been playing without any real pressure, as they'd as good as exceeded their aim - which was CL football for next season. Now it's very different, they've now got win games to keep hold of 'their title'......it'll go pear, probably starting at the Boleyn on Sunday and I'd piss myself if Carroll came back to haunt them :)

Probably. Mind you, those teams are down there because they're pretty hopeless.

If Liverpool suffer a reversal in the next couple of games I'd like to see how they deal with it. Out of the three still in it they are untested in the white hot heat of run in battles.

As has been said: they've won it already in the minds and statements of many. I'd be very edgy with 6 games to go if that was my team being hosed down as the winner...especially with the calibre of the chasing pair behind.

If Liverpool suffer a reversal in the next couple of games I'd like to see how they deal with it. Out of the three still in it they are untested in the white hot heat of run in battles.

As has been said: they've won it already in the minds and statements of many. I'd be very edgy with 6 games to go if that was my team being hosed down as the winner...especially with the calibre of the chasing pair behind.

They won't win the league mate, I'm certain of it, all the crap about the twelfth man etc, fact is spurs removed all pressure by committing suicide inside 2 minutes, a truer example of how they handle the pressure was shown against Sunderland when they looked edgy as hell and scraped over the line in the end, that type of nerves against chelsea and city and they'll get put away, fancy West ham to get something from them if they show up as well

I have accepted that if they do win it, I am not that bothered now. Was a few days ago, but much more bothered about us.

So if they do balls it up, it will be delicious.

They're winning it.

Come to terms with it soon otherwise it will be even worse when happens. They are going to be absolutely unbareable.

Absolutely. I still can't believe they're 2-1 with the bookies. Cittee don't look capable of winning their games and Chelski are the biggest culprits. You couldn't of asked for a much better run in and they blew it. Liberpewl are just blowing teams away and having them beat before they even step on the pitch, Spurs being the prime example. I really can't see any other outcome.

April 6: West Ham (A)
April 13: Manchester City (H)
April 20: Norwich (A)
April 27: Chelsea (H)
May 3: Crystal Palace (A)
May 11: Newcastle (H)

West Ham - won 5 of the last 6 at home and have a fit Carroll back with a point to prove
City Home - tough tough game, one they have to win, City can play against them on the counter, forcing Liverpool out their normal game, do they have a plan B if a top team comes out playing them at their own game?
Norwich away - should be a deffo 3 points for them given the way Norwich give Suarez 7 goals a game vs them
Chelsea - Rarely does Mourinho lose these type of pressure games, will come out with a gameplan designed to nullify Liverpool
Palace - Vattling for their lives and will give them a hard game under a hostile atmosphere
Newcastle - will fold and gift the rs 3 points and probably about a 6-0 win

Absolutely. I still can't believe they're 2-1 with the bookies. Cittee don't look capable of winning their games and Chelski are the biggest culprits. You couldn't of asked for a much better run in and they blew it. Liberpewl are just blowing teams away and having them beat before they even step on the pitch, Spurs being the prime example. I really can't see any other outcome.
didnt city just take 4 points from old trafford and the emirates inside 4 days, if chelsea win all theyre games the finish above em never mind city

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back