Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
April 6: West Ham (A)
April 13: Manchester City (H)
April 20: Norwich (A)
April 27: Chelsea (H)
May 3: Crystal Palace (A)
May 11: Newcastle (H)

West Ham - won 5 of the last 6 at home and have a fit Carroll back with a point to prove
City Home - tough tough game, one they have to win, City can play against them on the counter, forcing Liverpool out their normal game, do they have a plan B if a top team comes out playing them at their own game?
Norwich away - should be a deffo 3 points for them given the way Norwich give Suarez 7 goals a game vs them
Chelsea - Rarely does Mourinho lose these type of pressure games, will come out with a gameplan designed to nullify Liverpool
Palace - Vattling for their lives and will give them a hard game under a hostile atmosphere
Newcastle - will fold and gift the rs 3 points and probably about a 6-0 win

Drop points at west ham and they are [Poor language removed] as they will have to beat city and chelsea

(How has that got through the swear filter)

Absolutely. I still can't believe they're 2-1 with the bookies. Cittee don't look capable of winning their games and Chelski are the biggest culprits. You couldn't of asked for a much better run in and they blew it. Liberpewl are just blowing teams away and having them beat before they even step on the pitch, Spurs being the prime example. I really can't see any other outcome.

lol

They drew at the Emirates and now they dont look capable of winning games ? It's hardly like they lost at West Brom or something.

4 of their last 7 games are at home, that's basically a guaranteed 12 points already. If they don't lose at Anfield and then win another one of their two away games the title is theirs.

Liverpool won't win all of their remaining games, it would equal the longest streak in Premier League History (Arsenal), and they're simply not as good as that team was.

If you believe the papers then Liverpool have already won the league, everyone in the press is forgetting that City have 2 games in hand. This is far from over, pity the press can't see it that way.
Also all the knobs in the papers proclaiming this would be great for the English game are as you've probably guessed all kopites.
38 games in a season not 32.

They won't win the league mate, I'm certain of it, all the crap about the twelfth man etc, fact is spurs removed all pressure by committing suicide inside 2 minutes, a truer example of how they handle the pressure was shown against Sunderland when they looked edgy as hell and scraped over the line in the end, that type of nerves against chelsea and city and they'll get put away, fancy West ham to get something from them if they show up as well

They've got a battle royal on their hands, no question. That's why I've been delighted to see and hear the triumphalism from their media patrons and a lot of their support.

Liverpool have benefitted in this run in by not having the champions to deal with though, especially when that champion is Man Utd - their daddy for a couple of decades. Psychologically it was important for their challenge that obstacle wasn't there to negotiate.

They've got a battle royal on their hands, no question. That's why I've been delighted to see and hear the triumphalism from their media patrons and a lot of their support.

Liverpool have benefitted in this run in by not having the champions to deal with though, especially when that champion is Man Utd - their daddy for a couple of decades. Psychologically it was important for their challenge that obstacle wasn't there to negotiate.

If Ferguson was still at United they would have [Poor language removed] themselves and be way out the run in by now

If Ferguson was still at United they would have [Poor language removed] themselves and be way out the run in by now

Ferguson owned them. The mere presence of United in the top 4 shake up (which they would have been 100%) would have unnerved Liverpool.

It's been a historical turning point at Man Utd that's given Liverpool their chance.

Walked into the local after the football on Sunday, a few rednecks hanging about. One in particular said you had better stuff city in Goodison for us. I know we need to win our games to stay in the hunt for 4th but the trepidation of that lot winning the league is making me contemplate some crazy [Poor language removed]

Walked into the local after the football on Sunday, a few rednecks hanging about. One in particular said you had better stuff city in Goodison for us. I know we need to win our games to stay in the hunt for 4th but the trepidation of that lot winning the league is making me contemplate some crazy [Poor language removed]

I seriously hope we stuff city, and they drop points at Palace, be amusing as hell knowing that they lost it after we did them a huge favour, especially so if it means we get 4th and they finish 2nd or 3rd

I seriously hope we stuff city, and they drop points at Palace, be amusing as hell knowing that they lost it after we did them a huge favour, especially so if it means we get 4th and they finish 2nd or 3rd
Wont be easy for them going to Palace, that is the away game I can see them slipping up in, Pulis has them playing well at home and they will be playing for the points just as much as them.

Well ive recently stumbled upon a little fumageddon with a couple of RS lads i know. I live in the states now so this was by txt obviously.

Going back and forth as you do..... I asked them how they would feel losing the title by 2 points and in retrospect, the draw at Goodison could be seen as the reason why. Just this very mention, put the mood between us at def con 2.

It was all plain sailing from there for me

Well ive recently stumbled upon a little fumageddon with a couple of RS lads i know. I live in the states now so this was by txt obviously.

Going back and forth as you do..... I asked them how they would feel losing the title by 2 points and in retrospect, the draw at Goodison could be seen as the reason why. Just this very mention, put the mood between us at def con 2.

It was all plain sailing from there for me
They were massively lucky to come away with a point there though tbh.

Could that penalty miss in the 4-0 Derby win come back to haunt them? Goal difference and all that jazz.
Not really mate.

Take away their 15 other pens and they're no where near it. They accept this. Top scorers in prem

Suarez 29
Sturridge 20
Gerrard 17 ( 15 pens )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back