Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speculate to accumalate and all that.

We don't spend in the summer cos we're not past the qualifiers yet, then we don't have the squad to finish top 4 again while fighting in europe cos we didn't spend.

So no need to spend the next summer, either as we're not the Cl next year. (Cos there's no value in january so we won't spend then).

I don't know if I'm right about that.

But if so, the qualifiers are played in early August, so provided we have our targets lined up before hand then it would be feasible to spend in the coming summer.

Those Norwich and Palace games shouldn't be easy for them. Newcastle is definitely 3 points though.

Not a clue about the Chelsea game. It doesn't help that they're still in the Champions League and Hazard's looking doubtful.

Mourinho is a past master at such matches and i'm sure he can get a victory, he got one at the Etihad after all. Salah is looking like a proper player recently and their defence is playing like a Mourinho defence.

Even a draw will open it up as City should win 5 out of their last 6 with one tricky game at Goodison to navigate. Though seeing as we'll be without Barry I honestly can't see anything other than a Citeh victory, especially if they play like they did in the 2nd half.

I expect Arsenal to drop points in the run in so still think we'll get 4th.

Mourinho is a past master at such matches and i'm sure he can get a victory, he got one at the Etihad after all. Salah is looking like a proper player recently and their defence is playing like a Mourinho defence.

Even a draw will open it up as City should win 5 out of their last 6 with one tricky game at Goodison to navigate. Though seeing as we'll be without Barry I honestly can't see anything other than a Citeh victory, especially if they play like they did in the 2nd half.

Good point on Barry being out, hadn't factored that in looking at the game, dampens my optimism.

The main thing we pick up 4th place obviously, that in itself is still a huge ask I think. Arsenal are experts at seeing this kind of run in through and pipping us at the final hurdle.

depends how toure is as well, theres no way I can see martinez allowing silva to have the run of the pitch for so long like rodgers did, if toure is there that can nullify the option to man mark silva, if he isnt, we have a real chance in that game, I don't fancy pelegrini's team away from home anyway, at the emirates they looked dodgy

Oh hello! You again. :)

I see your hero (Suarez) got let off ANOTHER clear red card today - seeing as you accused me of being 'random' the other day and asked for specifics. :D

From what I see, a yellow card for one of your lot = 'golden ticket' to do whatever they like for the rest of the game unpunished.

Take your 'class and dignity' and shove it. Actually, that sounds like a good title for a song. :) x
Even Jim Beglin (He was commentating on our game last week and I liked him) was amazed that Suarez didn't get a second yellow.
He'll be getting bullets in the post for not following the creed.

depends how toure is as well, theres no way I can see martinez allowing silva to have the run of the pitch for so long like rodgers did, if toure is there that can nullify the option to man mark silva, if he isnt, we have a real chance in that game, I don't fancy pelegrini's team away from home anyway, at the emirates they looked dodgy

I really think we'll do City at Goodison. Fingers crossed Southampton will be on their holidays by the time we play them. Also helps that Hull have got an FA Cup Final to think about now.

Those Norwich and Palace games shouldn't be easy for them. Newcastle is definitely 3 points though.

Not a clue about the Chelsea game. It doesn't help that they're still in the Champions League and Hazard's looking doubtful.

Chelsea will be a tough one for them mate ( Hopefully)

A more resilient side with a better Manager ( Best performance I have seen from a team all season was Chelsea at City)

Plus there will be a more vocal hostile away support as well which all adds to the mix

A more resilient side with a better Manager ( Best performance I have seen from a team all season was Chelsea at City)

Plus there will be a more vocal hostile away support as well which all adds to the mix

Jose will do Vulcan mind tricks on them - no mistake

Missed us against Arsenal Nev?

Just seen on Twatter that they City team bus got bricked by the greatest fans in the world. After Man City took out a page in the Liverpool program. That's the Liverpool way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back