Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are miles off a breakthrough into the elite.

Anyone who thinks hard work, ingenuity and a bit of luck gets you there whilst millions are disappearing behind the manager's back need their heads feeling.

One thing only will get us back to where we need to be

CASH....tens and probably hundreds of millions of pounds of it.

I think its more than hard work. This argument is getting boring now

optimistic vs pessimistic

Glass is always half empty dave.

enjoy the rest of your night, you can watch motd2 tonight to some moan more, good to know that you enjoy watching the rs even though you say you hate them so much

Liverpool are big spenders but I think the point is that the two mega-rich clubs are on a different planet to everybody else. Comparatively speaking, Liverpool are the poor relation to those two.

On a broader scale, of course Liverpool aren't church mice. It's relative, I guess.

They've spent enough over the pl era to expect at least 1 title

We've proven nothing of the sort. We're in a fight for 4th place. If that's 'proof' we're back then Moyes had us 'back' 9 years ago. I must have missed us being back.

Klopp and Wenger have done it, in a fashion! You need a great manager though. We might have one!

We are miles off a breakthrough into the elite.

Anyone who thinks hard work, ingenuity and a bit of luck gets you there whilst millions are disappearing behind the manager's back need their heads feeling.

One thing only will get us back to where we need to be

CASH....tens and probably hundreds of millions of pounds of it.

Dave I have a lot of time for ya mate, yanno that, but we are not 100's of millions of pounds off breaking into the elite mate, 50-60m well spent would be enough, just that most teams don't buy well

Spurs spent over 100m and made no blind difference to them - look worse than they have in the past few years easily, the rs for years have spent and spent and spent and if you look at their starting team right now for most games its not an expensively assembled one, due to the fact they spunked heir spent money up the walls on gash players for the most part
United invested 80m and pretty much wasted it on positions and players who just don't suit them - utter utter waste

we spent 13m on McCarthy who has improved us more than 80m has united or 100m has spurs

It's down to how money is spent and who on, not just picking a list of shiny names that are good on fifa like a lot of managers seem to do lately.

You are right though about if money isn't made available regardless of which eufa tournament we are in then we will stagnate eternally

People saying they want Liverpool to win because they haven't "bought" the league. Where is this delusion that Liverpool have spent virtually zero money coming from?

Its baffling

Since 2010 City have spent 330m, Chelsea 387m and Liverpool 240m

How does this get thrown around in the media ffs

The fact of the matter is they should be challenging for the league every season

Its baffling

Since 2010 City have spent 330m, Chelsea 387m and Liverpool 240m

The fact of the matter is they should be challenging for the league every season
Again transfer fees only tell half the story.....City, Chelsea and Utd also pay massive wages which further helps in attracting better quality players.

Again transfer fees only tell half the story.....City, Chelsea and Utd also pay massive wages which further helps in attracting better quality players.

I can agree with that to a point, I think you have the 5th highest wage bill behind the "Big four"

There is no denying that Liverpool have spent spent spent since the Prem begin in 92, Rodgers in two seasons alone has spent 100m

Its baffling

Since 2010 City havcompent 330m, Chelsea 387m and Liverpool 240m

I'd like see their wage bill as well, It's probably not as ridiculous as Chelsea or City's but I'd estimate it's comfortably more than the majority of teams in Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back