Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenal pay their players 143 million to our 62 million.

Obviously if you can pay 3 times the wages that we can, you have more options in terms of buying and keeping world class players.

Of course. But don't forget I was replying to Davek who was saying us qualifying for the CL doesn't mean we're moving towards becoming an elite club again. The very fact that the money we'd get from qualifying would enable us to pay better wages, attract better players, open new sponsorships and business relationships and improve the brand etc all mean that it'd be a big step in the right direction.

And once there we can continue to use the model we've had to stay there.

We are miles off a breakthrough into the elite.

Anyone who thinks hard work, ingenuity and a bit of luck gets you there whilst millions are disappearing behind the manager's back need their heads feeling.

One thing only will get us back to where we need to be

CASH....tens and probably hundreds of millions of pounds of it.
We are two derby wins away from the RS. That's it - the season has been as close as that.

I can agree with that to a point, I think you have the 5th highest wage bill behind the "Big four"

There is no denying that Liverpool have spent spent spent since the Prem begin in 92, Rodgers in two seasons alone has spent 100m

Last year they'd paid the 5th largest wages and finished 7th, year before the 5th largest wages and finished 8th, before that 4th highest and came 6th, then 4th highest and came 7th, etc, etc.

Since 2000 they've either paid the 3rd, 4th or 5th biggest wages. And about the 3rd most on transfer fees and about the 3rd most on agent fees.

They're huge spenders any way you look at it.

For the last 4 years, arsenal have been paying from 110-140, Liverpool always about 120, the big 3 about 150-180 and us 50-60 million in wages.

The gap in wages between them and the supposed mega rich is nout compared to the gap between them and us.

The wage poor argument is not one you want to use on an everton forum.

Last year they'd paid the 5th largest wages and finished 7th, year before the 5th largest wages and finished 8th, before that 4th highest and came 6th, then 4th highest and came 7th, etc, etc.

Since 2000 they've either paid the 3rd, 4th or 5th biggest wages. And about the 3rd most on transfer fees and about the 3rd most on agent fees.

They're huge spenders any way you look at it.

For the last 4 years, arsenal have been paying about 110-140, Liverpool always about 120, the big 3 about 150-180 and us 50-60 million in wages.

The wage poor argument is not one you want to use on an everton forum.

Don't forget the money siphoned off to Mr M Clatternburg, Mr P Dowd and Mr L Mason

The way the media blurts are carrying on is shameful, especially the 'impartial' BBC.

Having watched that circus today, I can only resign myself to the fact they're going to win the league. The appointment of Clattenburg and his behaviour during the match confirm it. The deck has been heavily stacked in their favour.

The worst aspect is the idea that they're the most deserving champions of all time, which is a myth built on the fact they didn't make a marquee signing in the summer. Sky have already declared this the greatest season in the history of football, and will spend hundreds of hours reminding us of how it went for years to come.

I envy those Blues who aren't bothered, but I think a lot of them don't realise how bad it's going to be.

Edited - (final sentence removed)

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course. But don't forget I was replying to Davek who was saying us qualifying for the CL doesn't mean we're moving towards becoming an elite club again. The very fact that the money we'd get from qualifying would enable us to pay better wages, attract better players, open new sponsorships and business relationships and improve the brand etc all mean that it'd be a big step in the right direction.

And once there we can continue to use the model we've had to stay there.
with kenwright in charge i don't think one season of champs league would see us change our wage structure or transfer policy

Do you not remember last time and the marquee signings of John Ruddy and Simon Davies, mate?
that summer still lives in the memory, we very nearly let arteta slip through our fingers as well, then moyes handling of the bellemy transfer, at least that wont be repeated with bobby, but if anyone thinks kenwright is going to open the coffers based on a champs league qualifier they are kidding themselves, even if it does represent a glorious opportunity. This board has been presented with a few and never ever taken them

Again transfer fees only tell half the story.....City, Chelsea and Utd also pay massive wages which further helps in attracting better quality players.

Oh hello! You again. :)

I see your hero (Suarez) got let off ANOTHER clear red card today - seeing as you accused me of being 'random' the other day and asked for specifics. :D

From what I see, a yellow card for one of your lot = 'golden ticket' to do whatever they like for the rest of the game unpunished.

Take your 'class and dignity' and shove it. Actually, that sounds like a good title for a song. :) x

that summer still lives in the memory, we very nearly let arteta slip through our fingers as well, then moyes handling of the bellemy transfer, at least that wont be repeated with bobby, but if anyone thinks kenwright is going to open the coffers based on a champs league qualifier they are kidding themselves, even if it does represent a glorious opportunity. This board has been presented with a few and never ever taken them

If anything it'll be a vindication that spending next to nothing is a recipe for success. We'll stand still as always, needing miracles from Martinez if we're ever going to consolidate our position as a top 4 team.

Dave I have a lot of time for ya mate, yanno that, but we are not 100's of millions of pounds off breaking into the elite mate, 50-60m well spent would be enough, just that most teams don't buy well

Spurs spent over 100m and made no blind difference to them - look worse than they have in the past few years easily, the rs for years have spent and spent and spent and if you look at their starting team right now for most games its not an expensively assembled one, due to the fact they spunked heir spent money up the walls on gash players for the most part
United invested 80m and pretty much wasted it on positions and players who just don't suit them - utter utter waste

we spent 13m on McCarthy who has improved us more than 80m has united or 100m has spurs

It's down to how money is spent and who on, not just picking a list of shiny names that are good on fifa like a lot of managers seem to do lately.

You are right though about if money isn't made available regardless of which eufa tournament we are in then we will stagnate eternally

It really isn't happening. I'd go as far as to say, regardless of how good Martinez could be, it's near impossible for a club like Everton - controlled by parasites - to progress beyond where we are right now.

The first act in moving forward isn't to get a net spend of sorts to Martinez for one or two windows (and it'll be paltry in comparison to the teams we have to compete with this summer, btw). The first act is to have new owners. We can forget any idea of moving forward on the pitch and into the elite with a sprinkling of seed corn. It's a fantasy that last happened circa Forest smashing their way through in the late 70s with minimal outlay and good scouting.

And look at how Martinez has to operate: close season we have a major doubt over Deulofeu and Lukaku (and Barry for that matter) being still here next season. That's before we try and kick on and persuade better players to come in. And we'll ALWAYS need to player-trade to pay off the interest on the debts the parasites have run up - run up to maintain their existence here without having to invest.

The whole things a non-starter. Cash, cash and more cash....and a stadium to attract players.

When that's sorted we can step up.

Those Norwich and Palace games shouldn't be easy for them. Newcastle is definitely 3 points though.

Not a clue about the Chelsea game. It doesn't help that they're still in the Champions League and Hazard's looking doubtful.

Haven't you got to make it past the qualifiers before you get the CL Money?

Speculate to accumalate and all that.

We don't spend in the summer cos we're not past the qualifiers yet, then we don't have the squad to finish top 4 again while fighting in europe cos we didn't spend.

So no need to spend the next summer, either as we're not the Cl next year. (Cos there's no value in january so we won't spend then).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back