Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think RED was just looking for an opportunity to post that Martin Samuels article for a laugh, hence dangling the £50m figure there, which I bit on. Made me chuckle anyway.

Nobody other than Martin Samuels thinks Barry, Lukaku and Deulofeu are worth a combined £50m, do they?

Reactions: RED
Since 2010/2011

City have spent 387m

Chelsea 388m

Liverpool 233m

Utd 209m

Everton 50m (lol)

No doubt they have spent a lot but compared to what City/Chelsea have spent plus you add wages into the mix I think @RED has a point

The amount they spend should almost guarantee that they challenge every year, Poor management and signings have put a stop to that most seasons

In the last decade United have spent much less than Liverpool and won 5 titles.

In reality though both of them, plus City and Chelsea, have been backed to the hilt financially over all other teams in the PL, but only Liverpool failed to produce out of that financial elite..

During the PL era, the kopites have spent more than any other club in the World that hasn't won their domestic league in that timeframe.

....but dem yanks tho....

They're struggling to keep up with the "nothing's won yet" mantra now, they're sliding into full blown triumphalism, which would make them failing now absolutely sublime to watch

What is it about LFC that turns usually sensible people into morons... This guy is my best mate, and the soundest lad you could possibly meet, until it comes to talking about LFC.

Unless I'm missing something here, this is absolute nonsense, right?

Me: saw an article online yesterday “Why all Man Utd and Everton fans should now be supporting Liverpool in the title race” People actually get paid to write this stuff :D

Him: Everton fans should, but they won't. For the city and not to let the likes of Chelsea and City get richer. Can't understand the united one, but their city rivals getting richer and more successful not good for them either

Me: sorry, why should we be supporting you? Don’t be daft mate. The entirety of football is built on rivalries. Without rivalries there’s absolutely no point in any of it.

Him: Economical status of our city that you live in for one.

Me: ok, don’t see how you winning the league would have anything more than a negligible impact on Liverpool city’s finances... you’d pay a bit more in tax i guess, but that’s about it. you already sell out every game so i’m told, and bring in a load of overseas fans for each game... so that won’t change - people aren’t gonna come in from overseas etc if they can’t get a ticket...

Him: Ok mate, no more tourism, people coming to the city, investment, advertising etc. Do some research about it

Me: more advertising yes, but that just lines your pockets more

Him: Ok mate, we'll agree to disagree.

I mean, am I missing something really obvious here?

What is it about LFC that turns usually sensible people into morons... This guy is my best mate, and the soundest lad you could possibly meet, until it comes to talking about LFC.

Unless I'm missing something here, this is absolute nonsense, right?

Me: saw an article online yesterday “Why all Man Utd and Everton fans should now be supporting Liverpool in the title race” People actually get paid to write this stuff :D

Him: Everton fans should, but they won't. For the city and not to let the likes of Chelsea and City get richer. Can't understand the united one, but their city rivals getting richer and more successful not good for them either

Me: sorry, why should we be supporting you? Don’t be daft mate. The entirety of football is built on rivalries. Without rivalries there’s absolutely no point in any of it.

Him: Economical status of our city that you live in for one.

Me: ok, don’t see how you winning the league would have anything more than a negligible impact on Liverpool city’s finances... you’d pay a bit more in tax i guess, but that’s about it. you already sell out every game so i’m told, and bring in a load of overseas fans for each game... so that won’t change - people aren’t gonna come in from overseas etc if they can’t get a ticket...

Him: Ok mate, no more tourism, people coming to the city, investment, advertising etc. Do some research about it

Me: more advertising yes, but that just lines your pockets more

Him: Ok mate, we'll agree to disagree.

I mean, am I missing something really obvious here?

Liverpool winning the title is good only for Kopites. That's not enough though. They have to be seen to be winning it as part of some noble, all embracing cause that 'does it for humanity lad'.

Football as a driver for a local economy? FFS. Has your mate seen Anfield and Walton?

Liverpool winning the title is good only for Kopites. That's not enough though. They have to be seen to be winning it as part of some noble, all embracing cause that 'does it for humanity lad'.

Football as a driver for a local economy? FFS. Has your mate seen Anfield and Walton?
Amazingly, he actually grew up in Anfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back