Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Presumably he grew up with the feeling of being 'rich and successful' being within spitting distance of a football club then.
you would think so, wouldn't you?

This is what I mean though - what is it about that club that turns people from sound individuals into babbling nonsensical idiots?

This is what I mean though - what is it about that club that turns people from sound individuals into babbling nonsensical idiots?

The same thing that makes normally sane people give all their money to a weird cult and think David Icke has hit on something.

Years and years of patronage by the media feeding and stoking their obsession of positioning themselves as both 'special' and 'persecuted'.

They're weird as [Poor language removed].

If they were 7th and we were pushing for fourth there is not a chance in hell they'd be wanting us to qualify for the CL; it'd kill them.

The fact they've had a good season (granted things have gone there way and not being Europe was defo one) and are challenging for the league, all of a sudden they think its one city combined and we should be happy for them..

Do one. I'll admit that they are playing some attacking stuff, regardless of they go about it on the field, but be supportive of you winning the league. Please, have a word.

The perfect ending to my season would be seeing Stevie ME score an own goal in 95th minute of the final game that prevents his beloved team lifting the league. Then there'd be real tears on show

What is it about LFC that turns usually sensible people into morons... This guy is my best mate, and the soundest lad you could possibly meet, until it comes to talking about LFC.

Unless I'm missing something here, this is absolute nonsense, right?

Me: saw an article online yesterday “Why all Man Utd and Everton fans should now be supporting Liverpool in the title race” People actually get paid to write this stuff :D

Him: Everton fans should, but they won't. For the city and not to let the likes of Chelsea and City get richer. Can't understand the united one, but their city rivals getting richer and more successful not good for them either

Me: sorry, why should we be supporting you? Don’t be daft mate. The entirety of football is built on rivalries. Without rivalries there’s absolutely no point in any of it.

Him: Economical status of our city that you live in for one.

Me: ok, don’t see how you winning the league would have anything more than a negligible impact on Liverpool city’s finances... you’d pay a bit more in tax i guess, but that’s about it. you already sell out every game so i’m told, and bring in a load of overseas fans for each game... so that won’t change - people aren’t gonna come in from overseas etc if they can’t get a ticket...

Him: Ok mate, no more tourism, people coming to the city, investment, advertising etc. Do some research about it

Me: more advertising yes, but that just lines your pockets more

Him: Ok mate, we'll agree to disagree.

I mean, am I missing something really obvious here?

It would be much better for the City for us to win the league.

Why the hell would we want them to win it?

Aside from the horrendous gloating and rubbing it in our faces for the next decade or so unless we do something spectacular it means another generation of kids potentially lost to us, the city becomes more "red" and we get left further behind.

Why the hell would we want them to win it?

Aside from the horrendous gloating and rubbing it in our faces for the next decade or so unless we do something spectacular it means another generation of kids potentially lost to us, the city becomes more "red" and we get left further behind.

I'm sure most of the kids will be forced into being blues by their mar and dar's anyway mate. I wouldn't worry

I'm sure most of the kids will be forced into being blues by their mar and dar's anyway mate. I wouldn't worry

Hoping that works for me like but peer pressure is a greater force than parental pressure.

One of my cousins is a lifelong Derby County supporter and he'd managed to bring his little lad up to school age supporting the Rams, they moved to Newton-Le-Willows and he switched to the 5hite. You could see his heart break.

Its all down a basic religion theory. Those of a particularly religious nature, have a deep belief that God exists. they find it difficult to believe that others do not all believe the same. They try to spread that theory around to all they come into contact with, preaching, through as many mediums as possible. They believe that discovering God will make you happier and more fulfilled person. It is only the people they are preaching to, the 'non-believers' who can look at things in a balanced view. You see, the belief of these people, is that there is 'maybe' not a God, as it cannot be 'proved' either way. If there is, we would adapt, if there isn't we wouldn't be affected. The religious people though would be destroyed. They see that their comfort in this destruction is that the people around them need to have empathy with them, so that they could be accepted back into society if the day comes that their beliefs lie in tatters.

Its all down a basic religion theory. Those of a particularly religious nature, have a deep belief that God exists. they find it difficult to believe that others do not all believe the same. They try to spread that theory around to all they come into contact with, preaching, through as many mediums as possible. They believe that discovering God will make you happier and more fulfilled person. It is only the people they are preaching to, the 'non-believers' who can look at things in a balanced view. You see, the belief of these people, is that there is 'maybe' not a God, as it cannot be 'proved' either way. If there is, we would adapt, if there isn't we wouldn't be affected. The religious people though would be destroyed. They see that their comfort in this destruction is that the people around them need to have empathy with them, so that they could be accepted back into society if the day comes that their beliefs lie in tatters.

There was sommat posted on a Chelsea board a couple of years ago along those lines.

Pointing out the similiariies between Kopitism and Cultism.

I will try and dig it it out later on.

Here we go.

http://www.chelseasupportersgroup.net/2011/02/the-liverpool-myth/

As an aside, an interesting comparison can be made between Liverpool and Everton and one that a football anthropologist would do well to study and report on in detail. The followers / supporters of these clubs display very different traits even though they may come from the same families, live in the same streets, go to the same schools. Everton play the theme tune from Z Cars when the team runs out and talk about the School of Science. They support their club and leave it at that. I would love to see some genetic research on those who choose to be a Blue and those who opt for the Reds in Liverpool. If, as neuroscientists are attempting to locate at the moment, there is a “god gene”, I would imagine it is more prevalent in Liverpool followers than Everton supporters. (This doesn’t mean they are closer to god but more disposed to believing in one)

That whole article is a very interesting read.

Here we go.

http://www.chelseasupportersgroup.net/2011/02/the-liverpool-myth/

As an aside, an interesting comparison can be made between Liverpool and Everton and one that a football anthropologist would do well to study and report on in detail. The followers / supporters of these clubs display very different traits even though they may come from the same families, live in the same streets, go to the same schools. Everton play the theme tune from Z Cars when the team runs out and talk about the School of Science. They support their club and leave it at that. I would love to see some genetic research on those who choose to be a Blue and those who opt for the Reds in Liverpool. If, as neuroscientists are attempting to locate at the moment, there is a “god gene”, I would imagine it is more prevalent in Liverpool followers than Everton supporters. (This doesn’t mean they are closer to god but more disposed to believing in one)

That whole article is a very interesting read.
Excellent read...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back