Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wouldn't get in Chelsea's team ahead of the two Brazilians who keep him out of the national squad.

I think Coutinho is a certainty to start for Brazil in the World Cup, as Scolari asked Rodgers to keep an eye on all the Brazilians in the Premier League.

And Rodgers said: “Philippe has been a snip. He’s an absolutely wonderful talent. There are very few players at this level now who can penetrate with a pass and play through teams like he does.

“The quality and weight of his passes is sensational.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...rendan-rodgers-coutinho-3149787#ixzz2ztVcestC
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Mind, I wonder if Rodgers has asked big Phil for a donation to the 'LFC are skint fund'. I'll be going around the pub later with my cap asking for cash only to help out the nations favourite second team.

This season we have suffered the 'flavour of the month' 'best player in his position' Gerrard, Suarez, Henderson, Sturridge, Flanaghan, Coutinho and this months Sterling.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...-to-fund-huge-bid-for-Liverpool-s-Luis-Suarez

Real ready to sell Karim Benzema to Arsenal to fund huge bid for Liverpool's Luis Suarez
REAL MADRID are preparing to offload Karim Benzema to Arsenal in a bid to raise funds to launch a sensational move for Liverpool's Luis Suarez

Reports in Italy suggest that Real remain optimistic that they can persuade Suarez to swap Merseyside for Madrid despite the Uruguayan signing a new contract at Anfield earlier this season.

Florentino Perez is said to be enamoured with the idea of having Suarez join Cristiano Ronaldo and Gareth Bale in one of the most fearsome forward lines ever assembled.

Real know that Suarez will not come cheap however, and appreciate that they will need to offer an enormous fee to even tempt Liverpool after Suarez fired them into title contention this season.

He wouldn't get in Chelsea's team ahead of the two Brazilians who keep him out of the national squad.
Is that Oscar who hasn't shown up since the autumn? Coutinho has been better than him since Christmas. When you consider value in the market, £8m is good business.

My point about Coutinho isn't that he'd start every game for the top sides but that he wouldn't be out of place playing for any of them. Look at his games against City, Arsenal and Everton this season - he was very effective in those games either scoring or assisting goals.

He's a talent unlike a lot of players out there. He's certainly helped Liverpool start games quickly this season which is the key to the wins. Kill games before the oppo have time to do up their laces.

Is that Oscar who hasn't shown up since the autumn? Coutinho has been better than him since Christmas. When you consider value in the market, £8m is good business.

My point about Coutinho isn't that he'd start every game for the top sides but that he wouldn't be out of place playing for any of them. Look at his games against City, Arsenal and Everton this season - he was very effective in those games either scoring or assisting goals.

He's a talent unlike a lot of players out there. He's certainly helped Liverpool start games quickly this season which is the key to the wins. Kill games before the oppo have time to do up their laces.

That's a fair assumption IMO. I'm not a massive fan but for 8m in today's market there's no doubting he's done a decent job, scored a few important goals and assists

Pickles nobody is denying he's a good £8m player, you're point was he'd not be out of place in any team well the point is he wouldn't even get in the Chelsea team ahead of the other two Brazilians who play for them and keep him out of the Brazilian squad.

He's a decent player but there's plenty out there like him he's not unique. He wouldn't get into the City team either come to think of it and if there all fit I doubt he'd get a game at Arsenal.

Last edited:
He'd get a game at any of those clubs. Firstly, these teams don't really have a "first XI" in the traditional sense. Secondly, it's against City and Arsenal where he's been at his best. He is a big game player. He's not the perfect footballer, far from it. He tends to dip out of games and his stamina is still in need of developing. However, I would actually say that he's not a ten-a-penny playmaker - not with those through balls and that dribbling.

It's easy to argue anything with a YouTube clip so I expect flack for doing so but this is really superb - 3m30sec

coutinho.gif

He'd get a game at any of those clubs. Firstly, these teams don't really have a "first XI" in the traditional sense. Secondly, it's against City and Arsenal where he's been at his best. He is a big game player. He's not the perfect footballer, far from it. He tends to dip out of games and his stamina is still in need of developing. However, I would actually say that he's not a ten-a-penny playmaker - not with those through balls and that dribbling.

It's easy to argue anything with a YouTube clip so I expect flack for doing so but this is really superb - 3m30sec

That's brilliant I've just watched the first 2 minutes and he's given the ball away to the opposition about 7/8 times and fouled about 3 players!

1395598473901.gif

Priceless Pickles!

That's brilliant I've just watched the first 2 minutes and he's given the ball away to the opposition about 7/8 times and fouled about 3 players!

Priceless Pickles!

No he didn't. In the words of Daniel Patrick Moynihan: “You’re entitled to your own opinions. You’re not entitled to your own facts.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back