Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
£15m for Allen is steep but he's doing a good job this season (when fit). He has a big role to play at the moment with no Henderson and I thought him and Sterling were easily Liverpool's best players at the weekend.

If he continues to improve the price becomes less of a concern. If he wins trophies at Anfield then the price is pretty irrelevant - bit like with Henderson.
He's [Poor language removed].

He wasn't "plop" after the first 20, however, the team retreated a bit and became sloppy so Allen's influence was lessened. The likes of Lucas and Johnson were not showing well and that affected the balance and flow

I think it's obvious Rodgers rates him and if he stays fit he will get a lot of game time, especially with CL football next year. £15m is a reflection of how it's almost impossible to get value with British players if they are even semi-established.

We shall beg to differ on the plop business after 20 minutes but your right the whole team retreated so there was an inevitability that a midfield containing Allen and Lucas would look quite ploppish. Agreed its tough to get English, Welsh value for money but when it comes to Ireland you won't see a better 60k spent than on Seamus Coleman so it can be found, just not very often.

There's a story behind that- go look in the forum feedback section. Now to actually answer my question?
Dont be a bell mate.

Have they decided which plate Clattenberg will present the EPL trophy to them on yet........
10171764_10154076749000066_7385542434942665770_n.webp

He wasn't "plop" after the first 20, however, the team retreated a bit and became sloppy so Allen's influence was lessened. The likes of Lucas and Johnson were not showing well and that affected the balance and flow.

I think it's obvious Rodgers rates him and if he stays fit he will get a lot of game time, especially with CL football next year. £15m is a reflection of how it's almost impossible to get value with British players if they are even semi-established.

He rates Borini as well

He wasn't "plop" after the first 20, however, the team retreated a bit and became sloppy so Allen's influence was lessened. The likes of Lucas and Johnson were not showing well and that affected the balance and flow.

Can't disagree.

He's always one of those players, who seemingly goes by and does a very steady job. Is he worth £15m? Definitely not, but he's a good player, who in the case of the Derby, was the worst possible player to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
All of a sudden, everyone reckons Hendersonn is a World beater all of a sudden, when in reality, he's just improved from being Turbo-Gash (yes, i said it).
I don't mind Allen, the same fans who slated Lucas, and then Henderson, so we'll see what they're like in 12 months time.

If you're going to pick holes in Liverpool's team, you've got to look at their defence, as Johnson is extremely overrated, and Flanagan is Flanagan, and i just don't think he's that good defensively, or attackingly, infact, I just don't rate him, and with news of Enrique being off in the summer, well that's a lot of pressure on the lad.

As for Agger, Toure, Sakho and Skrtel, well the least dodgy of them is Agger, and i think in Europe there will be numerous times where Liverpool get penalised for Skrtel's tugging in the box. Sakho, how is he a pro-footballer? Toure is Toure, i.e. a donkey too. Mignolet isn't the best either for me.

100% attacking football is brilliant and thoroughly entertaining, but end of the day, with a proper defensive backline, you'd prevent a lot more goals, and if teams find a way to prevent you scoring, well then you'll need to fix that.

Don't even thin Sterling's played that great in the last two games, two good goals but he hardly set the pitch alight in either game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back