Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea, the team who won the Champions League and Europa League in the past three years and are in the Semis of the CL this time around ?

Defo not a top European team.

Who else came in for him? Nobody

Is Fellaini a big player? Cost nearly 30m and was signed by the biggest club in the country

Who else came in for him? Nobody

Is Fellaini a big player? Cost nearly 30m and was signed by the biggest club in the country

The only interest from Fellaini comes from his old manager who bottled it in the transfer market. Willian had three of the current top 6 teams in the Premier League after him.

Quite a silly comparison.

The only interest from Fellaini comes from his old manager who bottled it in the transfer market. Willian had three of the top 6 teams in the Premier League after him.

Quite a silly comparison.

Bit like you saying Salah is a BIG player when he's played 7 games and has failed to make much of an impact

Bit like you saying Salah is a BIG player when he's played 7 games and has failed to make much of an impact

I already said Salah wasn't a big player by that definition so not sure what your point is. I was originally responding to a post about attracting 'quality' players. Salah is very clearly a quality player. Anybody who's watched him for more than one match and knows anything about football can see that.

Sterling comes from QPR and cost the [Poor language removed] a fee of 600k rising to £6 mil depending on clauses he would of most certainly activated them and was rumoured to be given a 35k a week contract last year before he hit the heights of this season definitely not a free player
That is now looking like superb business. £6m for him. If Liverpool sold him tomorrow you could expect +£20m for him.

Saying they'll get bummed in Europe is equally delusional. They've battered a number of top teams this season, no reason to suggest they'll struggle with other top teams in Europe.
Games against top teams in Europe will usually be played in the knock out phases. Tue/Sat Wed/Sun....repeat for about 12 weeks of the season and they'll find it tough doing, for example, what Chelsea have done in the past two rounds against top opposition.

Liverpool do have European pedigree though, I always think they'll do well there. In fact, I reckon they'll go closer in Europe next season than the PL.

He's in a purple patch, the same way similar players like townsend or wright phillips have been, and then come back down, I'll wait and see on him, I'm not yet sold
Has Townsend even had a purple patch? Two decent games for England against mediocre opposition...

As for Sterling, he's actually Liverpool's most effective player at the moment in these high pressure games. His last two goals were extremely impressive and important. A 19 year old doing that is not usual. He's being well coached and displaying an intelligence to his game that doesn't usually befit a pacey young winger.

As I said, £6m is great business.

...and the other way around with the Welsh Xavi.
£15m for Allen is steep but he's doing a good job this season (when fit). He has a big role to play at the moment with no Henderson and I thought him and Sterling were easily Liverpool's best players at the weekend.

If he continues to improve the price becomes less of a concern. If he wins trophies at Anfield then the price is pretty irrelevant - bit like with Henderson.

£15m for Allen is steep but he's doing a good job this season (when fit). He has a big role to play at the moment with no Henderson and I thought him and Sterling were easily Liverpool's best players at the weekend.

If he continues to improve the price becomes less of a concern. If he wins trophies at Anfield then the price is pretty irrelevant - bit like with Henderson.
Allen was plop on Sunday mate except for the first 20 minutes. He's been plop pretty much since you signed him. But you are correct, people ignore price tags if your winning and doing well, people only notice it when results aren't going so well.

Allen was plop on Sunday mate except for the first 20 minutes. He's been plop pretty much since you signed him. But you are correct, people ignore price tags if your winning and doing well, people only notice it when results aren't going so well.
He wasn't "plop" after the first 20, however, the team retreated a bit and became sloppy so Allen's influence was lessened. The likes of Lucas and Johnson were not showing well and that affected the balance and flow.

I think it's obvious Rodgers rates him and if he stays fit he will get a lot of game time, especially with CL football next year. £15m is a reflection of how it's almost impossible to get value with British players if they are even semi-established.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back