Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he knows unless they invest heavily the big boys in Europe will tear them apart and I don't think they have the pulling power anymore to get the quality needed.

Sadly , they are the 2nd biggest club in the country , they have massive pulling power. But if they let Brent spend the cash they won't be buying any good players

They've spent a lot over the years but this current squad didn't cost that much. I imagine Spurs squad cost quite a bit more and maybe arsenals too.

Both City and Chelsea's probably cost more than double. Embarrassing from them two, it really is.

Liverpool will not be torn apart in Europe

Look at Chelsea/Arsenal ffs
They have managers (and players) with years of European experience though....jury's still out on Brenda.

I for one can't wait to hear his feckwitted appraisal of their mad skillz, proud 'istree total humility and sheer class.... right before they get shown up by Grasshoppers FC hopefully.

FFS I've even read some of their deludeds suggesting they are the new Bayern - on the back of what exactly?

Delusional, there is no evidence to the contrary apart from a very popular fan base worldwide, players will be more pragmatic, again just my view.

There is evidence though. Liverpool were linked to several big players in the Summer/January and the only reason they didn't end up with one of Willian or Salah was because Mourinho decided to buy both to stop it from happening. Now that Liverpool are back in the CL and on the cusp of winning the title they'll have no trouble whatsoever attracting big players. They already pay fat wages.

Their current squad cost upwards of 200m

Few websites I've looked at put it around 170-180m. It's still probably only the 6th most expensive squad. Man City must have spend around 400 on their squad and nearly the same for Chelsea.

Just goes to show how badly City have underachieved since the oil money come in.

There is evidence though. Liverpool were linked to several big players in the Summer/January and the only reason they didn't end up with one of Willian or Salah was because Mourinho decided to buy both to stop it from happening. Now that Liverpool are back in the CL and on the cusp of winning the title they'll have no trouble whatsoever attracting big players. They already pay fat wages.

Willian and Salah are not big players though

They have managers (and players) with years of European experience though....jury's still out on Brenda.

I for one can't wait to hear his feckwitted appraisal of their mad skillz, proud 'istree total humility and sheer class.... right before they get shown up by Grasshoppers FC hopefully.

FFS I've even read some of their deludeds suggesting they are the new Bayern - on the back of what exactly?

Saying they'll get bummed in Europe is equally delusional. They've battered a number of top teams this season, no reason to suggest they'll struggle with other top teams in Europe.

They still won't be able to attract 'big' names and in demand players like Kroos. They'll have no problem with the likes of Mkhitaryan though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back