• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sat here pissing myself.

Seriously mate, I know you're trying to be amicable and nice one for that but read back what you just wrote. It's a horrendous load of apologist claptrap, and that's me being kind. And you wonder why you get labelled as loving the victim status?

He is one detestable little snide as the various videos show and from what I've seen in the Premiership so far it hasn't changed. As has been said it's a shame as there is absolutely no need for it, he's a gifted footballer so it taints him.

Suarez has confessed to calling him negrito. As Suarez isn't friendly with Suarez and since it was done in the middle of an argument then it is a racial offensive slur. Simple as. If this happened one off then it would be bad enough but eventually be gone if he got his head down and apologised as a moment of madness. As illustrated above though he's got a lot of previous so it compounds the type of person he is.

The problem for you now is that you've all thrown yourself behind him far too quickly, along with your manager, like you do. Collective resolve is admirable when in the face of adversity but that's not the case here, he's a prick and should be condemned. Like I said to the other lad, where's your moral compass on this?

I agree on the hatred between the clubs getting worse and that it wasn't always that way. However it suits you now to play this card as it's literally Liverpool v everyone else condemning Suarez. You won't find an ally here for him. He's an idiot and the rest of the country would give you some of that respect you all so crave if you done the right thing and condemned him for his actions. Anything other than that makes you look very deluded apologists. Which is a shame.

This is the way they are. Even the one's who consider themselves non-rabid and considered in their judgement - they're soaked in this belief that if something happens then it's not Liverpool's fault.

They're like North Koreans.

I've got plenty of family who a reds and far too many close mates. Some of my uncles are the usual blinkered tits (I still love them like) but there's a few of my mates who are on the ball and support them. A couple of them hope that they throw the book at Suarez, it was them who come to me asking about the context of using negrito when he did.

Unfortunately it's like some weird quasi religion following them, where they set the rule book out early and they can't go against it. Thou is innocent at all times and that. As I said before, it's creepy.

They spend a lot of time trying to be loved in the eyes of the world, they're unashamed PR monkeys when it comes to it. Then something like this comes along and they think that their contrary position to the rest of the civilised footballing world is correct and everyone else is wrong. Weird, really weird.

@Chico

Where is my moral compass? For a start I won't be a hypocrite and put weight behind a notion that might not be true, however in response to your question I'll talk about possible outcomes. IF he is found guilty of intentionally racially abusing Evra, i.e with intent on causing personal offence through racial abuse and there is definitive proof of it then he should be banned for as long as they legally can. There is no place for racism in any walk of life.

Without tainting you with the same brush as everyone else you've got your mind made up that he racially abused him intentionally and that is that. You won't think about any other outcome. What if it comes out that it was a cultural misunderstanding? It's quite possible. Negrito in Uruguay means pal, or little friend. In Spain it's similar, my girlfriend studies the language so I've quizzed her on it. It seems possible he's said something like ' calm down negrito ' , which basically means calm down mate or pal. Or something similiar to that anyway.

If you watch the game Evra was in a mood all day. Kicking out, kissing his badge at us, throwing himself everywhere. It's possible he's heard the word ' negrito ' and thought of it in another way. Javier Hernandez in an interview has called Evra a negrito, meaning mate. Why is it completely beyond the realms of possibility to you that it might not be intentional racial abuse? Because Suarez has previous bad behaviour? Thats just stupid. You can't just assume someone has done something wrong because he has done other things wrong in the past. Each case is unique.

I've got plenty of family who a reds and far too many close mates. Some of my uncles are the usual blinkered tits (I still love them like) but there's a few of my mates who are on the ball and support them. A couple of them hope that they throw the book at Suarez, it was them who come to me asking about the context of using negrito when he did.

Unfortunately it's like some weird quasi religion following them, where they set the rule book out early and they can't go against it. Thou is innocent at all times and that. As I said before, it's creepy.

They spend a lot of time trying to be loved in the eyes of the world, they're unashamed PR monkeys when it comes to it. Then something like this comes along and they think that their contrary position to the rest of the civilised footballing world is correct and everyone else is wrong. Weird, really weird.

If they were honest about it you just know that if you asked them point blank whether they want Suarez to get a hefty ban they'd say 'yes, we do'. They'd be like pigs in shit. That's the way they're wired.

My theory is it's an attitude that's grown up with them since they've been unsuccessful (relatively speaking like...I'd take their lack of success in a heartbeat). They comfort themselveas with being hard done by from 'the authorities/dem Yanks/the meeja.

Long may it continue.

@Chico

Where is my moral compass? For a start I won't be a hypocrite and put weight behind a notion that might not be true, however in response to your question I'll talk about possible outcomes. IF he is found guilty of intentionally racially abusing Evra, i.e with intent on causing personal offence through racial abuse and there is definitive proof of it then he should be banned for as long as they legally can. There is no place for racism in any walk of life.

Without tainting you with the same brush as everyone else you've got your mind made up that he racially abused him intentionally and that is that. You won't think about any other outcome. What if it comes out that it was a cultural misunderstanding? It's quite possible. Negrito in Uruguay means pal, or little friend. In Spain it's similar, my girlfriend studies the language so I've quizzed her on it. It seems possible he's said something like ' calm down negrito ' , which basically means calm down mate or pal. Or something similiar to that anyway.

If you watch the game Evra was in a mood all day. Kicking out, kissing his badge at us, throwing himself everywhere. It's possible he's heard the word ' negrito ' and thought of it in another way. Javier Hernandez in an interview has called Evra a negrito, meaning mate. Why is it completely beyond the realms of possibility to you that it might not be intentional racial abuse? Because Suarez has previous bad behaviour? Thats just stupid. You can't just assume someone has done something wrong because he has done other things wrong in the past. Each case is unique.

As stated in the thread earlier mate, that's all well and good except I've lived in various places in Latin America. Also Spain too. I heard it used in Latin America but only in a derogatory term so I checked back with a couple of my mates. If Suarez is mates with Evra then it can be used, no bother. Close mates.

In the situation where they were in a debate, coupled with Suarez not knowing Evra, it's actually highly offensive.

While every kopite is claiming to be a linguistic expert on it, that there is the truth. Hence my kopite mates getting right onto me about it as soon as it happened.

Was it ten times? I doubt it personally and Evra has got previous for that but Suarez himself has come out and admitted he used the word negrito. Open and shut case mate, your new hero is a dirty racist.

What if it comes out that it was a cultural misunderstanding? It's quite possible. Negrito in Uruguay means pal, or little friend. In Spain it's similar, my girlfriend studies the language so I've quizzed her on it. It seems possible he's said something like ' calm down negrito ' , which basically means calm down mate or pal. Or something similiar to that anyway.

Look, it seems like he said the equivalent of 'calm down black man'. You and your club's interpretation of this as being not offensive is laughable. It may not be a derogatory term in the strictest sense of the word, but it implies that the colour of Evra's skin is an issue. That is racist, simple as.

Rooney banned for 2 games for swearing into a TV camera last season.

That isn't relevant at all. He threw a v sign into the direction of fans and didn't get as much as warning, never mind a charge.

And chico if it was an open and shut case, why they still deliberating it? If it was as simple as you think it is he would be serving a lengthy ban right now.

And Equaliser, what punishment should Evra recieve for saying to Suarez ' don't touch me you South American ', if it turns out to be true of course? Why does he have to mention that he's South American, can that not be considered racist? I guess you'll think not.

And chico if it was an open and shut case, why they still deliberating it? If it was as simple as you think it is he would be serving a lengthy ban right now.

For the reasons I stated mate, he's admitted to using racial derogatory language which in the context it was used was offensive. If they fail to charge him then he's one lucky boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back