• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not many Liverpool fans take notice of him because he chats nonsense. And if you read that colum he says he goes down very easily, not dives. I've said it myself mate, I hate the way he goes down sometimes and I hope he cuts it out of his game.

Here's an easy question I have a feeling you may struggle with - can you be an "absolute credit to the game/gentleman/King" at the same time as associating with top London gangsters/drug runners ?

They aren't. Going down easy is when there is contact, however you probably can stay on your feet but you go down instead. A dive is when you throw yourself to the ground without there being any contact at all. How are they the same thing mate? Difference of opinion maybe and I've already said I hate the way he does it, I'm not backing him on that either way.

Lolling at this latest Kopite stating that no one knows what happened in the Suarez-Evra incident...then goes on to say this and that have happened because its in the Guardian and so must be true.

It's like a sickness with them. They have to try and convert everyone to their mindset. They're the football Moonies.

Here's an easy question I have a feeling you may struggle with - can you be an "absolute credit to the game/gentleman/King" at the same time as associating with top London gangsters/drug runners ?

No need to be patronising is there? And I'm guessing you're talking about Dalglish and the Rooney meeting thing?

They aren't. Going down easy is when there is contact, however you probably can stay on your feet but you go down instead. A dive is when you throw yourself to the ground without there being any contact at all. How are they the same thing mate? Difference of opinion maybe and I've already said I hate the way he does it, I'm not backing him on that either way.

If you feel a slight brush and go down, that is a dive in most people's book, even though there was minimal contact. You are splitting hairs here when you admit that he goes down too easily but claim that he doesn't dive.

Lolling at this latest Kopite stating that no one knows what happened in the Suarez-Evra incident...then goes on to say this and that have happened because its in the Guardian and so must be true.

It's like a sickness with them. They have to try and convert everyone to their mindset. They're the football Moonies.

You clearly can't read. I said nobody knows what happened because they don't, however people have assumed the outcome and are taking Evras word as gospel without hearing the Suarez argument. I THEN said that what is said in the Guardian is uncorroborated and I'm not taking no conclusions from the article, however if it was in a tabloid/rumous on the internet it would have no substance at all, compared to the Guardian who have a decent track record and aren't some ****ty tabloid looking for headlines.

I was merely putting an arguement for Suarez the same way everyone has put an argument for Evra, with also saying I'm not taking it as 100% and I won't until the hearing is over and it all comes out.

If you feel a slight brush and go down, that is a dive in most people's book, even though there was minimal contact. You are splitting hairs here when you admit that he goes down too easily but claim that he doesn't dive.

We'll agree to disagree on what a dive is then, thats all I can say I suppose.

We'll agree to disagree on what a dive is then, thats all I can say I suppose.

Remember Gerrards dive against Sheffield United? Where he was excused by everyone because the intent in the tackle from the defender? No contact at all, but he went down and it was said there was intent in the tackle?

No need to be patronising is there? And I'm guessing you're talking about Dalglish and the Rooney meeting thing?

Try taking it in steps......admit that Dalglish knows/calls in favours from London gangsters/drug runners......follow that through and admit King Kenny is maybe not a "King"....then you'll be almost cured of this cult brainwashing

You clearly can't read. I said nobody knows what happened because they don't, however people have assumed the outcome and are taking Evras word as gospel without hearing the Suarez argument. I THEN said that what is said in the Guardian is uncorroborated and I'm not taking no conclusions from the article, however if it was in a tabloid/rumous on the internet it would have no substance at all, compared to the Guardian who have a decent track record and aren't some ****ty tabloid looking for headlines.

I was merely putting an arguement for Suarez the same way everyone has put an argument for Evra, with also saying I'm not taking it as 100% and I won't until the hearing is over and it all comes out.

You give the Guardian creedence because it slants its coverage in your player's direction.

If they went the other way you wouldn't even mention it. Very selective.

You give the Guardian creedence because it slants its coverage in your player's direction.

If they went the other way you wouldn't even mention it. Very selective.

I wasn't being selective, I was putting his argument out there as the media are all talking negatively, I'm just putting a different view that might true because people are ignorant. Not exactly being selective.

The thing I find most disturbing about all this between our clubs is the sheer hatred involved these days. One of the most noteable traits in people from this city is the notion that we stick by one another, we are one and all and everything but when it comes to football it just isn't the case. There isn't a dislike for one another, there is a pure sickening hatred that goes deeper than on the football pitch. For me personally I don't think that way, rivalry between clubs is great but there is a line and far too often in recent years it's been crossed, from both sides unfortunately.

There isn't a witch-hunt against us, but without the self-pity card being played there has been some things that have gone against us. I'll give you a couple of examples of what I mean, ones that can't be debated because they are fact:

- Luis Suarez charged with a finger gesture against Fulham. Gary Neville, Ashley Cole, Wayne Rooney and others have all done the same or something similar in the past couple of seasons and none of them even got a warning, never mind being charged with it. Why should Suarez have? The F.A just suddenly deciding to clamp down on it? I don't think so.

- The club being charged with failing to control our players after the Spearing sending off. Did we crowd the referee? Yeah we did. But every other side does when they don't agree with a decision but very rarely get charged. A couple have this year to be fair, but given you see it every weekend and hardly ever punished means I think we can be a little annoyed about that one.

- In the Fulham game, Bellamy got headbutted by Dempsey and Bellamy got booked. For laughing. He laughed it off when Demspey was forcing his head against him and got booked. How does that work? Considering in the same game they should of had a man sent off themselves, and we did also for a tackle simliar to Rodwells in the derby, which I think was a stupid decison from the ref in all fairness.

- Decisons from the refs in general this season have been bad, however the standard of refereeing this season has been poor right across the board. It's bothered us more because we haven't been very clinical in front of goal, therefore a couple of bad decisions against us have more of an effect than they should do because we should be scoring more goals. I won't list them all, but there is about 8-10 decisions this season that could of cost us points, however as I say I doubt we are the only ones to suffer because the refereeing is at it's lowest level that I've ever seen it.

- Luis Suarez. You know, the diving, cheating pesky little foreigner. Does he dive? No. He doesn't. I know you're laughing at this point but if you show me a clip of him diving I'll give you a tenner. He goes down way too easily sometimes, and I admit it pisses me off. But he's never dived. Now are you seriously telling me he's the only foreign player in the league to go down easily? He isn't. Alot of them do it. In fact it's the British players who tend to ' dive ', it's the foreign players who go down too easily. Gerrard, Rooney, Lampard, Young, Jones, I've seen them all go down without being touched. But nothing is ever said of it because they are English. Our own captain has dived for us in the past, again in the mainstream media it's not mentioned because they want you to believe English players don't do that.

Onto the whole racism issue with Patrice Evra. Nobody knows anything, as fans we don't. We've heard reports and supposed theories, but again we don't know. What we do know as facts from the outside is that Evra claimed that Suarez racially abused him ' at least ten times '. Now, it's a bold claim and if it is true Suarez should get what he deserves. However, the odds of it being true and then even more being proven are slim to none, so that won't happen. SKY had 43 cameras at that game, not one of them picked anything up. There are 22 players excluding officials on the pitch at any one time, nobody else heard a thing. Now, that doesn't mean he didn't say it, but it makes it a little less likely. It's almost like robbing something from ASDA but nobody in the shop seeing you do it or the CCTV not picking it up. SKY have probably had lip-reading experts come in and look for something but have found nothing. Again as I say it doesn't mean he hasn't, it's just a bit odd that from the outside there isn't any evidence.

The past couple of days we've heard the reports from the evidence given by Andre Marriner, the referee that day. Suarez apparently patted Evra on the head, to which Evra told him ' don't touch me, you South American ', Suarez SUPPOSEDLY replied with ' why negrito? '. Later on in the game Evra told Marriner when he was booking him ' you are only booking me because I'm black '. I must say this is all uncorroborated but the Guardian ran with it who are respected in the media so I'm willing to take notice of it. I won't draw my conclusions from it as it's not 100%, and the only reason I'm mentioning it is because people don't want to hear the other side of the story. We've heard Uniteds side alot, it's only reasonable for us and Suarez to have a defence.

In the media and by other fans he's already guilty no matter what.

So yeah, the aforementioned points are why we feel a little pissed off at the minute. Some of it doesn't make sense, some of it stupid and some of it we're simply the victim of circumstance. I'm putting our claims on here for you lot to read as blues as without causing an arguement, you're all happy to think Suarez is a horrible so and so without seeing our side of the story.

And I seen you all mention to that other red on here a list of things we've done in the past that you don't like, and I could retaliate with other claims for you lot. But I don't want to do that, it's not a nice thing to do. You aren't innocent, we're not and not many clubs are.

As a matter of fact, in an ideal world I'd like our two clubs to be like the couple from down the road. Both fighting for domestic and continental honours like we did 20 odd years ago. It would be great for the city, great for both clubs and also for the neutral. Unfortunately, that doesn't look like happening soon. One thing I also hope for is that this tit-for-tat, bitter nonsense from both side stops. Lets enjoy the football and rivalry without reverting to personal attacks, physical attacks and all the other **** that comes with it.

It's not because he plays for Liverpool tho, it's because he's a tit. He was a tit at Ajax e.g.

luis_suarez_bite_biting_1290508806.jpg

di-RK6A.gif

and he's still a tit now. There aren't that many players who do stuff like that, you signed one of em, well done.

If you can show me a video of him diving I'll give you a tenner. A dive being him throwing himself to ground with NO contact being made. I bet you don't find one.

[video=youtube;EAHRHT4A9TE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAHRHT4A9TE[/video]

[video=youtube;CFdll3IP_nA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFdll3IP_nA[/video]

You can give the £10 to the Hillsborough Memorial Fund.

Have you seen that tackle from the other angle? Of course not. On another angle you can see that Knights leg catches him clearly. But you'll choose to ignore that obviously.

Sat here pissing myself.

Seriously mate, I know you're trying to be amicable and nice one for that but read back what you just wrote. It's a horrendous load of apologist claptrap, and that's me being kind. And you wonder why you get labelled as loving the victim status?

He is one detestable little snide as the various videos show and from what I've seen in the Premiership so far it hasn't changed. As has been said it's a shame as there is absolutely no need for it, he's a gifted footballer so it taints him.

Suarez has confessed to calling him negrito. As Suarez isn't friendly with Suarez and since it was done in the middle of an argument then it is a racial offensive slur. Simple as. If this happened one off then it would be bad enough but eventually be gone if he got his head down and apologised as a moment of madness. As illustrated above though he's got a lot of previous so it compounds the type of person he is.

The problem for you now is that you've all thrown yourself behind him far too quickly, along with your manager, like you do. Collective resolve is admirable when in the face of adversity but that's not the case here, he's a prick and should be condemned. Like I said to the other lad, where's your moral compass on this?

I agree on the hatred between the clubs getting worse and that it wasn't always that way. However it suits you now to play this card as it's literally Liverpool v everyone else condemning Suarez. You won't find an ally here for him. He's an idiot and the rest of the country would give you some of that respect you all so crave if you done the right thing and condemned him for his actions. Anything other than that makes you look very deluded apologists. Which is a shame.

I wasn't being selective, I was putting his argument out there as the media are all talking negatively, I'm just putting a different view that might true because people are ignorant. Not exactly being selective.

You said nobody knew what had happened. You should have left it there. To go on and produce some hack's commentary thereafter was just a way of you saying 'no one knows, but here's our story'...which makes you trying to take up the objective ground pretty ridiculous really doesn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back