• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a thing got said/done.

Indeed...but -

Gary Neville shirt celebration against Liverpool - 2 game ban
Rooney swearing into the camera - 2 game ban
Adebayor celebration against Arsenal - 3 game ban

They might have gotten away with finger gestures....but they've been done for a lot less. And dont the club it was against have to raise it to the FA anyway?

Indeed...but -

Gary Neville shirt celebration against Liverpool - 2 game ban
Rooney swearing into the camera - 2 game ban
Adebayor celebration against Arsenal - 3 game ban

They might have gotten away with finger gestures....but they've been done for a lot less. And dont the club it was against have to raise it to the FA anyway?

bingo-logo1.jpg

That isn't relevant at all. He threw a v sign into the direction of fans and didn't get as much as warning, never mind a charge.

And chico if it was an open and shut case, why they still deliberating it? If it was as simple as you think it is he would be serving a lengthy ban right now.

And Equaliser, what punishment should Evra recieve for saying to Suarez ' don't touch me you South American ', if it turns out to be true of course? Why does he have to mention that he's South American, can that not be considered racist? I guess you'll think not.

Didnt Gary Neville, Ashley Cole and Wayne Rooney all get charged with doing stuff to the crowds/gestures/swearing etc?

How is Rooney's swearing not relevant ? You were asked about this and you replied that nothing was done, which is wrong.

If you are comparing calling someone a 'South American' with referring to the colour of someone's skin, then you really are as deluded as has been suggested by others.

It's not relevant because that is not what Suarez done, so how can you possibly compare both incidents? Rooney put up a v sign last season and didn't get charged. Suarez gave the finger and did get charged. That is a fact. No mention of Rooney swearing into the camera because Suarez didn't do that, so I don't know why you brought it up.

And I'm not comparing it in regards to the South American quote. What I asked is why would Evra tell him not to touch him and call him a South American in the same sentence? Why does he have to bring his ethnic origin into the discussion at all? You can clearly see why some might find that racist, or hinted at being at least.

It's not relevant because that is not what Suarez done, so how can you possibly compare both incidents? Rooney put up a v sign last season and didn't get charged. Suarez gave the finger and did get charged. That is a fact. No mention of Rooney swearing into the camera because Suarez didn't do that, so I don't know why you brought it up.

And I'm not comparing it in regards to the South American quote. What I asked is why would Evra tell him not to touch him and call him a South American in the same sentence? Why does he have to bring his ethnic origin into the discussion at all? You can clearly see why some might find that racist, or hinted at being at least.

South American isn't really an ethnicity, just like European or North American aren't. His ethnicity would (probably) be 'hispanic' or 'latino' as defined in Mirriam-Webster which could be offensive depending on Suarez' political views.

Castellano and Antonio Barragan.
They've made me stop and think anyway.

They're like Jesus and John the Baptist.

Cheers lads.

*takes up life of community work in barrios populated by poor negritos*

South American isn't really an ethnicity, just like European or North American aren't.

See above. Nice grasping at straws though mate, which is what this little exercise seems to be about from your fans.

Come on now, it's just looks more and more pathetic the lengths you're going to trying to defend him mate. Surely you can see that?

Didnt Gary Neville, Ashley Cole and Wayne Rooney all get charged with doing stuff to the crowds/gestures/swearing etc?

I brought it up BECAUSE YOU REPLIED TO THE ABOVE QUESTION! I've even bolded it out for you above.

South American is an ethnic origin......get a grip FFS.

The FA are a bunch of clowns who pick and choose who they charge for things whenever it suits them.

Sometimes it goes in your clubs favour, others it doesn't.

See above. Nice grasping at straws though mate, which is what this little exercise seems to be about from your fans.

Come on now, it's just looks more and more pathetic the lengths you're going to trying to defend him mate. Surely you can see that?

The words hole, shovel, and digging spring to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back