• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
der Kaiser never had a column in the pink Echo though

He couldn't aspire to Tommy's penmanship that's for sure.

Bounce ball; over the top; fair tackle.

Stick to being global ambassador for football, Kaiser; Tommy's speaking the language of Shakespeare here lad.

Their comparisons with Arsenal are ridiculous. One team built a world class stadium do were shackled for years in the transfer market. Despite that they still managed to finish in the top 4 every season. The other team had one lot of US money, overspent what they didnt have to the point of going to administration, got a second lot of american money and have now proceeded to waste all that as well. They get back into the champions league though and suddenly its all 'why would anyone want to play for Arsenal?'

All the money in the world, two sets of owners investing in the team, and what do they have to show for it? All their best players sold, 5 years outside of Europe, two title cock ups and a carling cup penalty win.

Arsenal on the other hand have developed a young squad, now have the spending power to get almost any player, are always in Europe and have a boss stadium.

Hmmm tough one....(thats before you even get into the quality of the respective managers)

in addition, play for one of the most respected managers of all time or a David Brent imposter?

They actually think they have any chance of signing Reus. lol
If Sanchez turned them down what chance do the mongs think Reus would want to sign, the lad turned down Bayern FFS.

lol they could bid 60mil hhave a bid accepted and offer him 200k they still wouldn't get him the moment a bid is accepted man utd city psg and the likes will match the bid

Waking up to reports that Kroos has signed for Real Madrid for ~20m.

Hmmm, seems the RS overspent by about 20m on lallana then

Nice one, Brenda

Looks like Rodgers has been doing a Stanley Unwin again. Vintage verbal diarrhoea in today's Anfield Bugle.......

LPOOL ECHO 17/7/14
Rodgers : Liverpool can cope without Luis Suarez.

“There is certainly no dwelling on it, we have loved working with a fantastic player, but a player who obviously benefited from our work at Liverpool.
“We have every confidence in the current group we have - plus the group we will bring in with more signings – that we can improve them and hopefully they can improve to the levels Luis Suarez improved to in the last few years.
“It’s one where in my short career as a manager I have lost people who I thought would be key players for us but then you go away, reflect and ensure you bring in the right kind.
“And always after that my teams have been better teams. Luis is a fantastic player but he’s gone, we won’t dwell on it.
“This is Liverpool Football Club - not a small club but one of the great ones in world football. I think we will be stronger again this year in terms of depth.”Rodgers dismissed suggestions that Liverpool had been happy to off-load last season's 31-goal top scorer after he was hit with a four-month ban for biting Giorgio Chiellini at the World Cup.
The manager insists the club did everything they could to convince him to stay but the 27-year-old was determined to trigger the release clause in the contract he penned last December.
“We did everything we could as a club to keep Luis,” he said.
“He wanted to go and play in Spain, and unfortunately when a player no longer wants to play for you, we need as a club to look at it.
“It was his decision for him to go, he's gone to Barcelona, a club he wanted to play for and now we'll move on.
“I'm not sure if he would have gone regardless of the World Cup. But I never felt that towards the end of the season, and likewise he never said he would give us another year either. He had obviously signed a new deal so we had that. But I think we have had great service out of Luis and it's one that we can't worry too much about now, it's done, it's gone and our focus is here.
“There is a lot of work going on with the recruitment team in terms of getting in the right player and I am sure we can identify that.
“This club and many other clubs have shown over a period of time you move on, and believe me, it will be a really exciting season for us.”
Asked if he was relieved that he no longer had to deal with all the controversy which dogged Suarez's Reds career, Rodgers added: “No. I have great respect for Luis as a person and player - I know him deeper than most.
“He was a good man, a great performer for Liverpool and hopefully I have played a part in him and his progress.
“I will continue to do what I have always done which is improve players and add value to them, which ultimately benefits the club.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back