• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Rodgers has been doing a Stanley Unwin again. Vintage verbal diarrhoea in today's Anfield Bugle.......

LPOOL ECHO 17/7/14
Rodgers : Liverpool can cope without Luis Suarez.

“There is certainly no dwelling on it, we have loved working with a fantastic player, but a player who obviously benefited from our work at Liverpool.
“We have every confidence in the current group we have - plus the group we will bring in with more signings – that we can improve them and hopefully they can improve to the levels Luis Suarez improved to in the last few years.
“It’s one where in my short career as a manager I have lost people who I thought would be key players for us but then you go away, reflect and ensure you bring in the right kind.
“And always after that my teams have been better teams. Luis is a fantastic player but he’s gone, we won’t dwell on it.
“This is Liverpool Football Club - not a small club but one of the great ones in world football. I think we will be stronger again this year in terms of depth.”Rodgers dismissed suggestions that Liverpool had been happy to off-load last season's 31-goal top scorer after he was hit with a four-month ban for biting Giorgio Chiellini at the World Cup.
The manager insists the club did everything they could to convince him to stay but the 27-year-old was determined to trigger the release clause in the contract he penned last December.
“We did everything we could as a club to keep Luis,” he said.
“He wanted to go and play in Spain, and unfortunately when a player no longer wants to play for you, we need as a club to look at it.
“It was his decision for him to go, he's gone to Barcelona, a club he wanted to play for and now we'll move on.
“I'm not sure if he would have gone regardless of the World Cup. But I never felt that towards the end of the season, and likewise he never said he would give us another year either. He had obviously signed a new deal so we had that. But I think we have had great service out of Luis and it's one that we can't worry too much about now, it's done, it's gone and our focus is here.
“There is a lot of work going on with the recruitment team in terms of getting in the right player and I am sure we can identify that.
“This club and many other clubs have shown over a period of time you move on, and believe me, it will be a really exciting season for us.”
Asked if he was relieved that he no longer had to deal with all the controversy which dogged Suarez's Reds career, Rodgers added: “No. I have great respect for Luis as a person and player - I know him deeper than most.
“He was a good man, a great performer for Liverpool and hopefully I have played a part in him and his progress.
“I will continue to do what I have always done which is improve players and add value to them, which ultimately benefits the club.”

' We did everything as a club to keep Luis '

' AS A CLUB '

Yet the club installed a release clause in his contract that would allow him to leave if triggered.

I'm loving the quotes from RAWK Meltdown regarding Lois van Gaal,

"Van Gaal is an evil looking [Poor language removed]. He'll suit them down to the ground. I already hate his face."

"So. f*cking. Utterly. Punchable. Lose an Evra, gain Butthead/Admiral Akbar. fecking ugly tw*t."

"We have Brendan Rodgers, he sh*ts on Van Gaal."

"Van Gaal is an evil looking [Poor language removed]. He'll suit them down to the ground. I already hate his face."

"So. f*cking. Utterly. Punchable. Lose an Evra, gain Butthead/Admiral Akbar. fecking ugly tw*t."

If that's the case, he must have had a Wimbledon umpire's chair to do it from.

Refreshing the way hes obviously eating away at them even before a ball has been kicked.

Ha Ha Ha

Quite honestly i don't know where to even begin with this

Rodgers, a manager who has won absolutely nothing in the game and has been booted out of clubs like Reading. His only accolade in football is being named manager of the year.

Van Gaal, a manager who has won domestic league titles in 3 different countries and with 4 different teams, many times over. A manager who has won domestic cups in 3 different countries, many times over. A manager who has won every European club trophy there is to win. A manager who has won many individual management titles, including World football manager of the year. I could go on but you get the picture

Yes, Rodgers is head and shoulders above Van Gaal.

Looks like Rodgers has been doing a Stanley Unwin again. Vintage verbal diarrhoea in today's Anfield Bugle.......

“I'm not sure if he would have gone regardless of the World Cup. But I never felt that towards the end of the season, and likewise he never said he would give us another year either. He had obviously signed a new deal so we had that. But I think we have had great service out of Luis and it's one that we can't worry too much about now, it's done, it's gone and our focus is here.
Wow, where do you start with that nonsense? I'm sure all Liverpool fans will be noting for future reference the fact that their manager wasn't confident of keeping a player he'd just re-signed. How pathetically weak does that make him sound?

This is all going to end in tears.

Wow, where do you start with that nonsense? I'm sure all Liverpool fans will be noting for future reference the fact that their manager wasn't confident of keeping a player he'd just re-signed. How pathetically weak does that make him sound?

In spite of his snake's belly low profile when the Suarez thing was headlining, I always knew Rodgers wouldn't be able to resist bandstanding and showboating turning the spotlight on him and hows hes dealt with it. Yet he still succeeds in to coming across as inarticulate - who talks a lot...but actually says very little. Hes self contradictory too but they don't realise it. The RS absorb it like The Sermon on the Mount without noticing that embarrassment is on a loop recorder over there.

In spite of his snake's belly low profile when the Suarez thing was headlining, I always knew Rodgers wouldn't be able to resist bandstanding and showboating turning the spotlight on him and hows hes dealt with it. Yet he still succeeds in to coming across as inarticulate - who talks a lot...but actually says very little. Hes self contradictory too but they don't realise it. The RS absorb it like The Sermon on the Mount without noticing that embarrassment is on a loop recorder over there.
Everything Rodgers says is designed to promote himself. When he praises others it's merely to place himself in the position of being responsible for it. When he talks about the club he works for, even though he's been there all of 5 minutes, he insinuates himself into the success of their history. A laughable, no mark chancer. It really does underline how thick they are over there that they fall for a such a painfully obvious fraud.

Dont forget that it's 100% his fault they bottled the title. All they needed was a point from Chelsea at home and the league was in the bag. Yet in all his arrogance he set them out to batter Chelsea's doors down instead of playing it cool, when Jose clearly would have been happy with a draw. When they needed him to be a leader the most, he was found wanting.

hahahahaha oh Brenda. Has he any facts to back this up? How much value has he added to Glenn Johnson or Aspas? If Martinez came out with such egotistical rubbish I'd be embarrassed.
Probably based on improving Henderson from a complete disaster of a signing to merely shockingly overpriced.

Dont forget that it's 100% his fault they bottled the title. All they needed was a point from Chelsea at home and the league was in the bag. Yet in all his arrogance he set them out to batter Chelsea's doors down instead of playing it cool, when Jose clearly would have been happy with a draw. When they needed him to be a leader the most, he was found wanting.
Spot on. Brent threw the players under the bus though "we fell into Roy of the Rovers football."

No flies on Brent. Everyone else's fault.

Even those chumps will tire of him and see through him in the end...not for a while yet though, I hope.

Brenda gained from a Utd team in turmoil, Chelsea regrouping under Jose, Arsenal self-capitulating and Spurs spazzing the Bale money, Next season they will be found out.

Not since Roy Evans / Houllier have they spazzed so much money on such underwhelming signings

Brenda gained from a Utd team in turmoil, Chelsea regrouping under Jose, Arsenal self-capitulating and Spurs spazzing the Bale money, Next season they will be found out.

Not since Roy Evans / Houllier have they spazzed so much money on such underwhelming signings

...and he still bollocksed it up.

He's not called no mark for f.a.

This is Brendan Rodgers we are talking about.

Yes. Really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back