• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
You sound incredibly sensitive. It's just banter at the end of the day, isn't it? I hope Liverpool get dumped out of every competition. I dream that one freak season they might get relegated. I hope Yewtree swoops down on Brendan Rodgers' home. I wish nothing but dark times on LFC and make that very clear to any of my mates who happen to support them, including my sister and her boyfriend, my uncle etc. They give as good as they get and we move on. Our precarious position this season has been exacerbated by their recent resurgence, but lashing out at Liverpool fans who wander on here is (a)lunatic behaviour and (b)giving them exactly what they want. Take the rough with the smooth, it will swing back around and we'll have our day in the sun.

I see your point, personally i would love to see them stay in the league and stay in the bottom 10. A league without Liverpool, United, Arsenal and some of the other well known established teams such as Villa and Spurs would just take abit of the shine from the league. I like 17-18 established teams thrown in with two new teams, Swansea City and their rise form the lower leagues for example. I would much rather not care about Liverpool but they have developed a pure hatred for us especially amongst the younger fanbase.

I see your point, personally i would love to see them stay in the league and stay in the bottom 10. A league without Liverpool, United, Arsenal and some of the other well known established teams such as Villa and Spurs would just take abit of the shine from the league. I like 17-18 established teams thrown in with two new teams, Swansea City and their rise form the lower leagues for example. I would much rather not care about Liverpool but they have developed a pure hatred for us especially amongst the younger fanbase.

Yeah, but they would say the same about our younger fanbase. It's just words though. We call them wall-pushers and murderers and have a good old laugh about it. They call us bitter and say Where's the _______ money, Bill?" and that's about the best they have on us. We pretty much win each time on that count. If we could play football matches as well as Chico and Davek could wind up RAWK, we'd be in the Champions League spots. As soon as we start getting results and relegation stops looking likely and we start to tenuously feel our way to the Europa League final, they'll get quieter and you'll feel less aggrieved, just have a bit of faith. Jesus, this place.

My mates absoloutly despise EFC, my brother hates us, old school friends hate us, its beyond banter now, they wish nothing but dark times upon EFC. Then when they are doing well they say they dont care about us - [Poor language removed] on their shoe and all that.

Don't give them the time of day...use the stiletto in the velvet glove approach - theyre generally not very intelligent so you can beat them with
wit and intellect. Failing that, just show these to the gobsh......

prem pic.webp heavy.webp kopites are.webp

Yes it was real. On sale a few years ago...great mileage was had too out of it. I kept the image of course.....:D
5118322957094930_b6d42a19cf552569973cdd76be16b3a33cb2194b4056db451a811787082c6d61_large

Lest we forget.

If you listen to some of the people on here, relegation will never happen - so maybe your 'better than you are' bit may have some substance, no team is too big to go down if your not good enough. The whole champions league part was because most years under Moyes we finished strongly. Much Like the media are currently hyping Rodgers for his current run of form.

Maybe if you lived In Liverpool you would know why there is alot of venom from red to blue and bitterness from blue to red. Most of my mates are LFC through and through and they hate us, especially when we are doing well, that is the reason why i struggle to like LFC, they make out as though we should just sit in the shadows and accept LFC as the holy grail - it wont happen.

The age of the team isnt actually that bad if Martinez starts to play with the fans 11 and not his stubborn 11. We only have Howard, Barry and Baines, who are considered older members of the team. If he listened to the fans and dropped howard for Robles, Barry for Besic, that would leave only baines who is 'old'.

Joel, coleman, jagielka, stones, baines, Lennon, besic, mccarthy, barkley, mirallas, lukaku. Good team with the majority at a young age.

However after them 11 we do struggle age wise. Hopefully Garbutt, Galloway and other young prospects can start pushing the older lads out of the door.
Jags is a couple of years older than Baines.

Yeah, but they would say the same about our younger fanbase. It's just words though. We call them wall-pushers and murderers and have a good old laugh about it. They call us bitter and say Where's the _______ money, Bill?" and that's about the best they have on us. We pretty much win each time on that count. If we could play football matches as well as Chico and Davek could wind up RAWK, we'd be in the Champions League spots. As soon as we start getting results and relegation stops looking likely and we start to tenuously feel our way to the Europa League final, they'll get quieter and you'll feel less aggrieved, just have a bit of faith. Jesus, this place.

Can you PM me their names on RAWK so i can watch with popcorn at the ready ?

wait what, run your pearls was a kopite? but they'd only just shown up on the forum after liverpool's upturn in form. why do they always pick the good times to come on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back