Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe how poorly paid they are......

28E67EC100000578-3089116-image-m-4_1432127725220.jpg

I like Barton also, think he is pretty funny...still dont think it's smart PR having one of the most universally hated PL players on the box talking about how big a blue he is.

You wha?

Hitler's brother was a Blue by all accounts and legend has it Adolf attended a few games at Goodison to cheer the old Blues on.

Joey Barton is in the halfpenny place when it comes to notorious fans ;)

And then there was Degsy.....:celebrate:

Whilst waiting for a haircut today I picked up the Daily Mail. John 'Biggus Dickus' Barnes was proclaiming that Benteke should sign for... LIVERPOOL!

Maybe Benteke hasn't won anything yet and should stay there?

Two-faced ratbag.

Ian Rush was in the Irish Independent saying that Bale should sign for Liverpool. They really are completely oblivious to their standing within the game.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...t-to-replace-departing-kop-icon-31227083.html

Laughably, Liverpool stand accused by Ward of ‘not doing enough to protect the player from negative headlines’ and leaking details of previous contract offers

Laughably? Sterling was a laughing stock earlier in the season when accused of being tired. Why don't these journalists print the truth rather than pandering to those idiots. Sterling does not want to waste his career playing for a no-mark who has never and will never win anything of note. It's not difficult to comprehend.

I see oul arse Aldo has woken up and smelt the Guinness....and criticising the club, whilst cracking on "its the fans that keep interrupting my drinking time to tell me"

Fans demand to know where to point the finger of blame.....

"What Liverpool needs this summer is a little bit of transparency with the transfer committee and then to go and get the players that are required. Fans are always coming up to me asking about it and I’m sick of it now. You try and stick up for the club and those within in it but I think they owe it to the fans to tell us exactly how it works.
Years ago we knew there was the manager, the chairman, the secretary and the chief scout.
Back in the day the manager and chief scout would physically go out and watch a target and say “I want him.” Then you’d go and get him but now nobody seems to understand how it works.
Maybe it’s the American way? But in football it doesn’t work like that.
The fans keep telling me it needs to be more transparent so if it does go wrong then fingers can be pointed in the right direction – and not the manager.
Who does what on this committee? They’re absolutely livid Liverpool fans – all over the country – they’re fuming after an awful season.
Whether it’s in Liverpool when I’m having a pint or elsewhere, people are coming up to me saying: “Aldo, what’s going on” and I just have to tell them that I don’t know.
They’re telling me that whoever is to blame needs to be made accountable and I can see their point.
We’ve brought a lot of players in for big money so if they don’t do the business then someone has to hold their hand up because Brendan Rodgers is taking the brunt for everything.
Is it his fault? We don’t know. Brendan should be living and dying by the sword with the players he wants
We need two really big signings that will get people off their seats – that’s what we deserve as one of the biggest clubs in the world.
I want outsiders to say “Wow, Liverpool mean business again, look at that.
We don’t want potential no more, we don’t want to become a feeder club for other teams because that’s what will happen if we keep buying them young........................"

Funny that....last week he was saying they needed at least four new players. And he moans about them buying too young....er... Lovren is 25, Lambert 33, Balotelli 24....? D'ya wanna chaser with that Aldo ?

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...ld-he-want-to-stay-at-liverpool-31239119.html

Raheem Sterling may be young but he is clearly not stupid. He's playing hardball now and Liverpool's owners have met their match. And I have to say, they deserve what they get. They have not behaved well in this saga.

When news of Sterling's contract problems first surfaced, I made the point that he was being bullied by Liverpool into signing a new deal.

He had the right to get the best for himself and his family and nobody should deny him that right. I thought Liverpool's behaviour at the time was dreadful but I was not surprised by it.

An attempt was made to paint Sterling as a money-grabbing, disloyal and agent dominated fool who didn't know what was best for himself by a whole slew of ex-players and Liverpool pundits. Jamie Carragher led the charge.

Even Brendan Rodgers was at it but all that did was to highlight how powerless he is in terms of Liverpool transfer policy

I see oul arse Aldo has woken up and smelt the Guinness....and criticising the club, whilst cracking on "its the fans that keep interrupting my drinking time to tell me"

Fans demand to know where to point the finger of blame.....

"What Liverpool needs this summer is a little bit of transparency with the transfer committee and then to go and get the players that are required. Fans are always coming up to me asking about it and I’m sick of it now. You try and stick up for the club and those within in it but I think they owe it to the fans to tell us exactly how it works.
Years ago we knew there was the manager, the chairman, the secretary and the chief scout.
Back in the day the manager and chief scout would physically go out and watch a target and say “I want him.” Then you’d go and get him but now nobody seems to understand how it works.
Maybe it’s the American way? But in football it doesn’t work like that.
The fans keep telling me it needs to be more transparent so if it does go wrong then fingers can be pointed in the right direction – and not the manager.
Who does what on this committee? They’re absolutely livid Liverpool fans – all over the country – they’re fuming after an awful season.
Whether it’s in Liverpool when I’m having a pint or elsewhere, people are coming up to me saying: “Aldo, what’s going on” and I just have to tell them that I don’t know.
They’re telling me that whoever is to blame needs to be made accountable and I can see their point.
We’ve brought a lot of players in for big money so if they don’t do the business then someone has to hold their hand up because Brendan Rodgers is taking the brunt for everything.
Is it his fault? We don’t know. Brendan should be living and dying by the sword with the players he wants
We need two really big signings that will get people off their seats – that’s what we deserve as one of the biggest clubs in the world.
I want outsiders to say “Wow, Liverpool mean business again, look at that.
We don’t want potential no more, we don’t want to become a feeder club for other teams because that’s what will happen if we keep buying them young........................"

Funny that....last week he was saying they needed at least four new players. And he moans about them buying too young....er... Lovren is 25, Lambert 33, Balotelli 24....? D'ya wanna chaser with that Aldo ?

Well to be fair their biggest signing was that teenager Lallana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back